Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay_Allison View Post
    It would be great for them if they could get their TV show on Hulu or Netflix. Not everyone gets whatever extended cable channel they are buried on, but nearly everyone has Netflix these days.
    For the most part they are on local channels.... which most people with cable or even satellite or even an attena should be able to get.... Maybe something offer online more like you said.as well....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Just went to a RoH show in San Antonio last night, first one I've been to. Things that jumped out at me:

-The venue was tiny, about the size of a high school basketball gym with chairs on the floor instead of bleachers. It has to be hard to make a lot of money from shows that small.

-The wrestling was great, athletic with a lot of good spots, but RoH seems to have no concept of a finishing move. In each of the matches guys were kicking out of big spots only to be counted out after a routine move later in the match.

Just went to a RoH show in San Antonio last night, first one I've been to. Things that jumped out at me:

-The venue was tiny, about the size of a high school basketball gym with chairs on the floor instead of bleachers. It has to be hard to make a lot of money from shows that small.

-The wrestling was great, athletic with a lot of good spots, but RoH seems to have no concept of a finishing move. In each of the matches guys were kicking out of big spots only to be counted out after a routine move later in the match.
    Welcome to the Indies.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

It would be great for them if they could get their TV show on Hulu or Netflix. Not everyone gets whatever extended cable channel they are buried on, but nearly everyone has Netflix these days.
    This. I brought this up on facebook the other day. Indy companies could benefit from a Netflix deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Welcome to the Indies.
    Also, this. Most indy folks, at least in ROH, that I've seen, tend to work main event style matches and while the in house crowd seems to love them, it's not doing them any favors. Little storytelling, little selling, just spotspotspotspotspotspotspot
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    This. I brought this up on facebook the other day. Indy companies could benefit from a Netflix deal.

Also, this. Most indy folks, at least in ROH, that I've seen, tend to work main event style matches and while the in house crowd seems to love them, it's not doing them any favors. Little storytelling, little selling, just spotspotspotspotspotspotspot
    Yeah, they didn't spend much time on storytelling or mic work and only one of the wrestlers displayed any mic presence.

Yeah, they didn't spend much time on storytelling or mic work and only one of the wrestlers displayed any mic presence.
    Was it Jay?
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    Was it Jay?
    Jay barely said two words. It was Bobby Fish, doing a heel segment to rile up the crowd.

I think nonsensical world title matches do hurt ROH...at least in my opinion. Elgin is clearly #1 contender, so let's give it to Mark Briscoe! Who just lost to Matt Taven, but you're not supposed to remember that part. Makes me no want to buy BITW.