Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    As a fan of ROH from the "better days" as they're now known... I will say there are major things wrong with the company and I will state it in the following:

1.) PPV - They have the funding with Sinclair right now. Utilize it. And even if they were to switch companies, make sure they can get some money for real PPV's. This online shit is getting REAL bothersome.

2.) TALENT - ROH was always known for their talent. They had all the ones that are now becoming the greats in OTHER promotions. There's so much talent running around there scott free without contracts anywhere, scoop them and actually sign them. Again, they have the backing so they need to utilize it.

3.) VENUES - The gyms and the small studios make them still seem bush league. Maybe sprawl out to college arenas. They're capable of holding a couple thousand. They may take a hit at first but, promoting the promotion is something else that needs to be done as well. ROH is the current ECW on TNN. If you've been a fan for a while, you'll know what I mean.

4.) STORYLINES - I completely understand that they're going for "match quality" but, there's nothing compelling going on that makes me want to tune in. I haven't watched a ROH show in a couple months. Nothing there for me to be "entertained" with so to say. If I want to watch nothing but matches, PWG and a couple other "Indy" companies will suffice for me. If you're going to be a company that focuses on wrestling, go for it. But they still need something like "The Summer Of Punk" to be there as well.

Everything else is known at this point as well. They need to follow these things and I think they'll succeed in being a better company.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated_R(ob)KO View Post
    As a fan of ROH from the "better days" as they're now known... I will say there are major things wrong with the company and I will state it in the following:

1.) PPV - They have the funding with Sinclair right now. Utilize it. And even if they were to switch companies, make sure they can get some money for real PPV's. This online shit is getting REAL bothersome.

2.) TALENT - ROH was always known for their talent. They had all the ones that are now becoming the greats in OTHER promotions. There's so much talent running around there scott free without contracts anywhere, scoop them and actually sign them. Again, they have the backing so they need to utilize it.

3.) VENUES - The gyms and the small studios make them still seem bush league. Maybe sprawl out to college arenas. They're capable of holding a couple thousand. They may take a hit at first but, promoting the promotion is something else that needs to be done as well. ROH is the current ECW on TNN. If you've been a fan for a while, you'll know what I mean.

4.) STORYLINES - I completely understand that they're going for "match quality" but, there's nothing compelling going on that makes me want to tune in. I haven't watched a ROH show in a couple months. Nothing there for me to be "entertained" with so to say. If I want to watch nothing but matches, PWG and a couple other "Indy" companies will suffice for me. If you're going to be a company that focuses on wrestling, go for it. But they still need something like "The Summer Of Punk" to be there as well.

Everything else is known at this point as well. They need to follow these things and I think they'll succeed in being a better company.
    Excellent. Just excellent!!

Blog Entries
    Make ACH World Champion. The only reasonable solution.

No further point are needed
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

How much behind ROH do you really think Sinclair is (financial wise)?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    Financial wise?? Not at all. But ROH isn't giving them a reason to be either. USA and Spike not only air WWE and TNA but they also provide some monetary backing as well. There's no reason Sinclair can't back them up a bit just to get them on actual PPV and help them to promote. Not something difficult to do... if they actually cared that is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    With production they are.... Other wise I say they give or fund ROH very little.....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I really think they need a better TV deal, maybe get more talent from New Japan, and AAA to really get them a more international fanbase. But I think getting them on cable tv is the most important right now.
    I feel that this should be added to this.

I feel that those 2 statements says it all.

Definitely a better TV deal, on a channel with more wide appeal. Or maybe try to cross promote with one of the bigger ones. After all, ROH was featured in CM Punk's DVD. Imagine them with a crossover type deal.

It would be great for them if they could get their TV show on Hulu or Netflix. Not everyone gets whatever extended cable channel they are buried on, but nearly everyone has Netflix these days.