Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    Question...If TNA starts going on the road, like a lot, doesn't that take away from the incentive of some of their guys for actually staying, since some of them prefer TNA to WWE because of travel? Like Kurt Angle????

I not trying to be negative. I think if the older guys bounced back to the WWE and they went on the road more they can establish some of their own young main stream talents, instead of reaching for that low hanging ex WWE fruit to draw.

I'd love that.
    They might. Rumors speculate Dixie's announcement has something to do with

Going on the road. Doing a live show, and then taping a show right after.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

Lord Joseph Pythonicus, Archduke of the Black Coast and Lord of the Serpent Port.
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    I'll tell you something worth considering. If TNA make this move, it's going to negate one of the most cited reasons that a lot of top line stars have given for choosing to be in TNA. And that's convenience of travel. Some, like Jeff Hardy may look at the increased travel schedule and think they'd be better off in WWE. The money is better there too I bet.

I thought the post originally was someone being mad because hearing about TNA possibly going live one week and following week being taped while on the road. I was going to say, live hasn't really affected the ratings enough to worry about it if you ask me. This is what TNA needs. They need to expand the brand and have a crowd of wrestling fans!!

Normal Member
    I hope they have good crowds & people show up

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I'll tell you something worth considering. If TNA make this move, it's going to negate one of the most cited reasons that a lot of top line stars have given for choosing to be in TNA. And that's convenience of travel. Some, like Jeff Hardy may look at the increased travel schedule and think they'd be better off in WWE. The money is better there too I bet.
    If the reports are right than traveling will be easier. They will only need to go to a taping every other week since they are doing a live show and a taping right after instead of traveling to Orlando every week. All of the appearance numbers are going to be the same. Also, not for nothing, I doubt any of the tapings will leave the south so there will not be much of a difference in travel time. (serious response to your not-so-serious remark)

As for the money TNA pays their stars at least 5 times more than ANY WWE star so money is not the issue. When Bully Ray was asked how is was paid in TNA on a radio show a couple of years ago he said "good thing money is not a concern for me anymore." Obviously, TNA is paying the big bucks if Bully is so rich from his WWE days.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    If the reports are right than traveling will be easier. They will only need to go to a taping every other week since they are doing a live show and a taping right after instead of traveling to Orlando every week. All of the appearance numbers are going to be the same. Also, not for nothing, I doubt any of the tapings will leave the south so there will not be much of a difference in travel time. (serious response to your not-so-serious remark)

As for the money TNA pays their stars at least 5 times more than ANY WWE star so money is not the issue. When Bully Ray was asked how is was paid in TNA on a radio show a couple of years ago he said "good thing money is not a concern for me anymore." Obviously, TNA is paying the big bucks if Bully is so rich from his WWE days.
    First taping is slated for IL.

Instead of going to Orlando every week, they now have to go to some pre-selected place on the American map, do a live show, then a taped show(Presumably ending around midnight), then some downtime/house shows, then off to the next pre-selected town on the map.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

Lord Joseph Pythonicus, Archduke of the Black Coast and Lord of the Serpent Port.
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

About time. Too many shows in the Impact Barn. Live shows on the road will be good for them, unless the guys will complain about their road schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    First taping is slated for IL.

Instead of going to Orlando every week, they now have to go to some pre-selected place on the American map, do a live show, then a taped show(Presumably ending around midnight), then some downtime/house shows, then off to the next pre-selected town on the map.
    Well, for example, if Angle is slated for 100 appearances does it really matter that he is traveling somewhere bi-weekly to get two appearances done in one night? He still has to do his appearances regardless. I'm sure that they have considered all of this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post

On the money issue - 5 times? You're high right? I would be surprised if they could even match WWE's offer for Kurt Angle, let alone someone like Mr. Anderson. But that will remain a matter of pure speculation on both our parts without any facts to back it up. But I wonder which company is more financially sound?

On going on the road - I wonder what will happen if and when this becomes a successful venture for TNA? What's that you say? They'd do it more? Or will they just stop there? Yeah. Thought so. (and yes, it was a serious observation - it's called consequential thinking. You should try it)

Here is their March schedule. It's not bad considering that 25% of their PPVs are during the month.
    March 1: Dodge City, KS
    March 2: Salina, KS
    March 7: IMPACT in Orlando, FL
    March 10: Lockdown - San Antonio, TX
    March 14: Bumblefuck, IL (Live and Tapings)
    March 15: Corbin, KY

March 16: Pikeville, KY
    April 5: Westbury, NY