Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

If Not A Cruiserweght Title....

...then maybe we can have an extended cruiserweight King Of The Ring?

OK so the roster isn't full of smaller guys but there is enough if you do a round-robin type tournament that extends over a couple of months. Give the wrestlers the chance to score points based off win, lose or draw with penalties for DQ's and countouts - encourage there to be a result.

Guys from NXT and FCW would be eligible as well and perhaps unsigned indy guys to fill out the numbers, which could be used as formal (or informal) tryouts. The matches could be divided through ALL the shows with the emphasis early on Main Event, Saturday Morning Slam and Superstars (which I think still exists in some form?) & NXT.

The KOTR title would be very a very useful tool to promote some of these smaller guys. Just an idea but I thought worthy of discussion anyway. (NOT expecting to happen though)

I like the idea but it would be better if the Cruiserweight/Light Heavyweight/Jr. Heavyweight title was around for it. You know....winner of the tournament gets the title shot.

I can't wait for the Jrs. to fly around in the WWE.

#REAL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    I like the idea but it would be better if the Cruiserweight/Light Heavyweight/Jr. Heavyweight title was around for it. You know....winner of the tournament gets the title shot.

I can't wait for the Jrs. to fly around in the WWE.
    Is this still a possibility? Even with the division in active mode, I think this idea would be a great one and a great way to keep KOTR alive

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Is this still a possibility? Even with the division in active mode, I think this idea would be a great one and a great way to keep KOTR alive
    If they are getting the smaller guys, then the idea of the division being resurrected is there. And it is good to blend in the KOTR concept for the flyers.

#REAL!

Blog Entries
    If they are getting the smaller guys, then the idea of the division being resurrected is there. And it is good to blend in the KOTR concept for the flyers.
    Plus I like the idea of doing it round robin style so that it's not simply an elimination tournament and feuds could brew

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Plus I like the idea of doing it round robin style so that it's not simply an elimination tournament and feuds could brew
    I like it so far. WWE needs to showcase the high flyers.

PAC will be great when he showcases his moves.

#REAL!

Blog Entries
    I like it so far. WWE needs to showcase the high flyers.

PAC will be great when he showcases his moves.
    I don't know if you caught his little promo bit for the RR tourney they had but he's not much chop on the mic. Of course that's all I have seen of him so far myself. Bit of a wingnut too....maybe he needs a mask to reign those ears in a bit? That's not too marketable....and someone is bound to call him Dumbo. Also, I think he shaved his head

WWE needs a Television Championship.

I think WWE needs a complete redesign of the cruiserweight division if they want to bring back the championship. I think it should be more like TNA's X-Division which is designed for cruiserweight's, but isn't exclusive. You know something along the lines of it's not about weight limits, it's about no limits. I think that could really help the division out. Also I think instead of calling it the cruiserweight championship they could it something like the Lucha Libre championship. Get more masked lucha libre's in the WWE, which will get WWE more money in mask sales. I don't know just my thoughts on the subject.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Blog Entries
    Jack - nobody needs a TV title. They're lame.

K Mak - wouldn't people just say WWE was copying TNA again?