Hybrid View

Blog Entries

If Not A Cruiserweght Title....

...then maybe we can have an extended cruiserweight King Of The Ring?

OK so the roster isn't full of smaller guys but there is enough if you do a round-robin type tournament that extends over a couple of months. Give the wrestlers the chance to score points based off win, lose or draw with penalties for DQ's and countouts - encourage there to be a result.

Guys from NXT and FCW would be eligible as well and perhaps unsigned indy guys to fill out the numbers, which could be used as formal (or informal) tryouts. The matches could be divided through ALL the shows with the emphasis early on Main Event, Saturday Morning Slam and Superstars (which I think still exists in some form?) & NXT.

The KOTR title would be very a very useful tool to promote some of these smaller guys. Just an idea but I thought worthy of discussion anyway. (NOT expecting to happen though)

I like the idea but it would be better if the Cruiserweight/Light Heavyweight/Jr. Heavyweight title was around for it. You know....winner of the tournament gets the title shot.

I can't wait for the Jrs. to fly around in the WWE.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    I like the idea but it would be better if the Cruiserweight/Light Heavyweight/Jr. Heavyweight title was around for it. You know....winner of the tournament gets the title shot.

I can't wait for the Jrs. to fly around in the WWE.
    Is this still a possibility? Even with the division in active mode, I think this idea would be a great one and a great way to keep KOTR alive

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Is this still a possibility? Even with the division in active mode, I think this idea would be a great one and a great way to keep KOTR alive
    If they are getting the smaller guys, then the idea of the division being resurrected is there. And it is good to blend in the KOTR concept for the flyers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    If they are getting the smaller guys, then the idea of the division being resurrected is there. And it is good to blend in the KOTR concept for the flyers.
    Plus I like the idea of doing it round robin style so that it's not simply an elimination tournament and feuds could brew

Plus I like the idea of doing it round robin style so that it's not simply an elimination tournament and feuds could brew
    I like it so far. WWE needs to showcase the high flyers.

PAC will be great when he showcases his moves.

OK so the roster isn't full of smaller guys but there is enough if you do a round-robin type tournament that extends over a couple of months. Give the wrestlers the chance to score points based off win, lose or draw with penalties for DQ's and countouts - encourage there to be a result.

Guys from NXT and FCW would be eligible as well and perhaps unsigned indy guys to fill out the numbers, which could be used as formal (or informal) tryouts. The matches could be divided through ALL the shows with the emphasis early on Main Event, Saturday Morning Slam and Superstars (which I think still exists in some form?) & NXT.

The KOTR title would be very a very useful tool to promote some of these smaller guys. Just an idea but I thought worthy of discussion anyway. (NOT expecting to happen though)

I love the idea...

The winner should get a trophy to carry around if they don't want to bring back the belt. The belt is the best plan, but I always love seeing a trophy for a gimmick title (World X Cup Trophy). It's just a big, clunky, piece of randomness that could help give someone like Justin Gabriel a bit more character (especially if they make the trophy 6 feet tall; they look hilariously stupid)

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Well I tell you one thing! they a ton of time at their hands with RAW going 3 hours, and fans wouldn't mind seeing a bit of high-flying + speed type of choreography each week. so yeah! why not! After all, they need to deliver some nice mix along with the heavyweight storylines and their "funny" stuff!
    "you can not achieve success without the risk of failure. and I learned a long time ago you can not achive success if you fear failure.
    if you are not afraid to fail...man! you have a chance to successed !!!
    but you never gonna get there unless you risk it all the way."

Jerry lawler:
    (After Owen Hart almost pulled off Billy Gunn's tights) "Don't you know crack isn't good for you?"
    "Do you have a quarter? My mom told me to call her when I meet the women of my dreams."