Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    No, he was so stunned that they allowed the rock to win that he was curious on why they would do that. His anger at the company drew him in to watch the show.
    That's interesting. Throws a damper on one of my two gripes.

Rock on Raw=Ratings

Rock on Raw with the belt=Even higher ratings....huh...I really thought it wouldn't matter, but apparently numbers don't lie and I'm wrong.

I don't like being wrong, but I appreciate the education on this thread, on why I was.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    That's interesting. Throws a damper on one of my two gripes.

Rock on Raw=Ratings Rock on Raw with the belt=Even higher ratings....huh...I really thought it wouldn't matter, but apparently numbers don't lie and I'm wrong.

I don't like being wrong, but I appreciate the education on this thread, on why I was.
    To be honest I was a little shocked it had so much effect as well. I thought the fact John Cena was going to win the rumble and The rock was going to win the WWE title were pretty much accepted facts.
    #TeamGeeky

To be honest I was a little shocked it had so much effect as well. I thought the fact John Cena was going to win the rumble and The rock was going to win the WWE title were pretty much accepted facts.
    This is the crux of the matter I keep going on about, it may be accepted facts by the IWC who've been reading about it for months on forums like this but for your average fan, who make up most of the viewing audience, they would not have anticipated this especially the Cena win.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    This is the crux of the matter I keep going on about, it may be accepted facts by the IWC who've been reading about it for months on forums like this but for your average fan, who make up most of the viewing audience, they would not have anticipated this especially the Cena win.
    I am sorry I wasn't more specific. I meant I'm surprised so many smarks are shocked by this.
    #TeamGeeky

You're right. I assumed that just the names cena and rock would draw big regardless of a belt and wouldn't go any higher. Obviously that's not the case and there's numbers to prove it...actual facts.

It's a good business move including that belt apparently. It's nice to know the WWE's reason is valid, now.

I am sorry I wasn't more specific. I meant I'm surprised so many smarks are shocked by this.
    They're more pissed than shocked.

You're right. I assumed that just the names cena and rock would draw big regardless of a belt. Obviously that's not the case and there's numbers to prove it...actual facts.

It's a good business move including that belt apparently. It's nice to know the WWE's reason is valid, now.
    They would draw big as last years Mania proved, this year with the title will just draw even bigger.

They would draw big as last years Mania proved, this year with the title will just draw even bigger.
    See I didn't think it would draw bigger than last year, but with the raw ratings as a indicator with rock as champ......I was wrong. And kind of surprised, but will accept the facts in my wrongness...LOL.

Kudos to the rock for having that much impact on the ratings with the belt, is all I can say now.

Blog Entries
    Just a thought, couldn't the fact that a long title reign just ended might also make people wonder what wwe is planning to do? So it might not all be on the rock alone.
    #TeamGeeky

See I didn't think it would draw bigger than last year, but with the raw ratings as a indicator with rock as champ......I was wrong. And kind of surprised, but will accept the facts in my wrongness...LOL.

Kudos to the rock for having that much impact on the ratings with the belt, is all I can say now.
    It will be interesting to see if he makes much reference to it in the run up to Mania, in the film part of his life. If he drops mentions a few times in his film promos the figures could be ridiculous for Mania.