View Poll Results: Who will be victorious?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baltimore Ravens

14 56.00%
  • San Francisco 49ers

4 16.00%
  • I don't care because Soccer is the real football, dammit!

7 28.00%
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Superbowl XLVII

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Sorry, I can't help it if I enjoy logic over the tantrums of children who think what their mommy and daddy gave them to play with as a 2 year old child is thought to be the "greatest thing ever in the whole universe."

If that was the case, I'd be defending Dodge ball as the greatest sport because that was my first 'ball' I played with as a toddler.
    It's funny because I meant to type kids instead of loss and my phone corrected it... Defend dodgeball as the greatest sport ever... Now!

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    The United States’ World Cup track record certainly deserves FIFA’s attention. The 1994 Cup, played in nine American cities (the tournament final was in Los Angeles), still holds the record for attendance: Overall it was 3.6 million, with an average of nearly 69,000 people per match.
    The 1994 Cup also had a $4 billion economic impact on the country. And recognition of that colossal revenue has Nashville leaders working hard to get U.S. Soccer’s attention.

The effect of 12 Super Bowls
    What makes the World Cup the ultimate cash cow of sporting events are its duration and global appeal. Where a Super Bowl might bring American fans to a host city for a weekend, the Cup draws weeklong stays from across an international market. That involves spending money in Nashville hotels, restaurants, shops, entertainment venues, and so on — for the whole trip.
    “International travelers that come would stay longer — their vacations are extended,” Spyridon said. “You’re going to get fans that come to the game, fans that come just to participate in the World Cup event, and fans that want to visit three to four cities as part of their World Cup vacation.”
    According to an economic impact study commissioned by U.S. Soccer, each American host city would rake in $400 million to $600 million based on today’s dollar value. The study also said the World Cup would create between 5,000 and 8,000 temporary jobs in each host city.
    Jeff Cohen, a principal at AECOM, the firm that conducted the study (as well as similar studies of the 1994 World Cup and multiple Olympics), said the overall dollar effect would be equivalent to a dozen Super Bowls.
    Many Cup attendees come simply for the atmosphere of the world’s biggest sporting event, to watch the best soccer in bars with fans from across the globe. But with LP Field seating just under 69,000 (Spyridon expects seating to be added for a World Cup), five assured sellouts in a month adds throngs of ticket-holders to downtown
    Hey maggs, that's great you can copy and paste something from a soccer site, but I want the actual news site that hosted that info...

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    DRG making someone source their arguments. WHAT!?
    #BeJelly

Hey maggs, that's great you can copy and paste something from a soccer site, but I want the actual news site that hosted that info...
    http://nashvillecitypaper.com/conten...12-super-bowls

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Also, maggs... Give me the numbers generated for the World Cups NOT in America.

I find it funny that you used America for an example as to when the World Cup generated the most revenue, as well

I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries

I find it funny that you used America for an example as to when the World Cup generated the most revenue, as well
    America makes everything make a ton of money.
    #BeJelly

Just pointing out what Americans find more interesting.Hey if you are interested you have internet and go check it by yourself

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Black Ninja!

It's the most relevant one to the argument... It provides an actual basis for comparison. I have to say Magglis' example is very well chosen... Just saying.

Blog Entries
    It's the most relevant one to the argument... It provides an actual basis for comparison. I have to say Magglis' example is very well chosen... Just saying.
    except his sample is 20 years earlier. sports can gain and lose relevancy in 20 years.
    #BeJelly

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    except his sample is 20 years earlier. sports can gain and lose relevancy in 20 years.
    The world cup hasn't lost any relevance since then. The only difference is it would generate even more now then it did then...