View Poll Results: Who will be victorious?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baltimore Ravens

14 56.00%
  • San Francisco 49ers

4 16.00%
  • I don't care because Soccer is the real football, dammit!

7 28.00%
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Superbowl XLVII

They don't understand banter Maggs.

Don't worry football will become popular when America eventually wins the World Cup, they are only interested in sports when they are the best at them.

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    Yeah that was totally only for Real and UTD and i should have explained it better. Again that's why i post the 3 billion link to say that more football teams will have similar values in the near future. UTD increased her value from 1 to 3 in just 5 years.

I trust your knowledge because you OBVIOUSLY know what you are talking about that's why i didn't ask any links when you was talking about SB

Third point its just bullshit, just write most popular football team in the world and you will see what I'm talking about.Your personal experience doesn't mean anything in a world of 6 billion people. Now that's comical.

Okay - according to Google, if you put in "popular football teams in the world" and search, you get these links.

http://www.faslist.com/

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1211839AAt4Fhe

Sub links of the last
    1. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4211506AAlshua
    2. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6163405AAkTk26
    3. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3002433AAcVc9b
    4. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1233551AADCt2h

http://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/

So... Yeah... Umm... Those are 2 discussion threads for soccer and the rest is for the NFL. I guess I am not following your whole "Third point its just bullshit, just write most popular football team in the world and you will see what I'm talking about." bit of logic, but it's cool. As for the "personal experience" bit, what else do you go off of maggs? You hear someone's opinion and you use that for your logic; are you not using your personal experience? I'm sorry if it's different in the major hub of where soccer is played, but the same rings true for the NFL and America... Just like I am sure it's true for Rugby and Australia. Japan and baseball. Russia and gymnastics - what the local sport is will always be talked about the most. That doesn't mean the world has to follow suit and do what you think they should. That's almost as ignorant as the US fans thinking you guys should call it soccer and recognize the NFL as being the only "football" in the world.

Also, seriously check my facts. I enjoy learning, but I don't want you to take my word for it. I want you to challenge me to defend my position and prove that I know what I am talking about, not just give me the benefit of doubt.

If it was just one BIG match like Superbowl it would have raised way much more money.

One day of matches can include matches like this. Spain vs Honduras and Greece vs Nigeria. Group stage matches so its very different when the final day alone can raise more

How do you know it would generate more? You don’t... And seriously, if you are going to take into consideration multiple matches, rather than the ACTUAL World Cup, then I am also going to take into thought the Wildcard Playoffs, AFC and NFC Championships, and the final 2 weeks of the season (that determine a playoff berth) because that is exactly why the WC has so many weeks. To determine who gets to go to the championship. You might host Spain vs. Honduras one week, but it’s comparable to us having the NE Pats vs. Balt Ravens for the AFC title. Neither match is for the championship but has implications as to who will make it to the championship. So if you are talking about taking the full MONTH that is the WC, I say we take from the final week of the NFL, through the Playoffs, and to the SB into thought. Take those numbers, crunch them, and see who comes out more profitable... Here’s a hint – It’s not going to be Portugal vs. Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    They don't understand banter Maggs.

Don't worry football will become popular when America eventually wins the World Cup, they are only interested in sports when they are the best at them.

Not true - We (Texans) have always been fans of billiards and darts; in NO WAY are we the best at those.

We just enjoy playing them when we're drinking

DRG hates everyone

And DRG don't act like you know everything and that you are always right I've seen you do this a lot. Maybe its not your real intentions but when i read your posts, just like Dennis you love to stick your nose everywhere, i get the feeling that this guy is a know-all guy

Sorry maggs, I can't help it when I see a topic that is enjoyable to get involved in. Maybe if it had stayed out of the thread I started about the Superbowl and went only to VM or PM then I would have stayed out of it, but alas... What can I do.

As for the "know it all" aspect, you can think of me what you want. Trust me, I know I am not always right... But even you said it yourself...

I trust your knowledge because you OBVIOUSLY know what you are talking

DRG hates everyone

I had a feeling that this thread was going to turn into a slinging match

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    I had a feeling that this thread was going to turn into a slinging match

I just wanted to know who everyone thought was going to win the Super Bowl...

DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I just wanted to know who everyone thought was going to win the Super Bowl...

I know man, I know. I contributed nicely, and stayed well away from the our football is better than your football shtick. Go 49ers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    I know man, I know. I contributed nicely, and stayed well away from the our football is better than your football shtick. Go 49ers!!

Yeah, I got suckered into it...

*Sorry for the hashtag*

DRG hates everyone

Black Ninja!
    You're welcome DRG...

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

You're welcome DRG...

Sorry BMac but the credit for this thread being derailed goes to Wade...

He's the one that started the soccer conversation as Tomsta and VHX both managed to at least give their opinion on the game; not just their spite for the NFL and it's "Su-Per Bowl"

DRG hates everyone