Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

If you could re-write history

I'm probably going to open a can of worms here, but I figured this'll be something fun to do.

If you could go back in time and re-write any angle, what would it be? How would you change it? Why would you change it?

So, for example, here is one that has been a bit of a stickler for me:

Nearly six years ago, Vince McMahon stepped into his limo and was subsequently 'blown up' and so began the 'Whodunnit' angle. Two weeks later, McMahon was forced into a position where he had to come onto live television and tell us all about the death of Chris Benoit and his family.

For the next few weeks, I should have imagined the creative team were scrambling around trying to come up with a plausible reason as to why the boss was dead, but is now alive again and what did they come up with? McMahon faked his own death because he wanted to know what we all really thought of him.

I remember watching that episode of Raw anticipating this explanation, only to end up very disappointed. I was alone in my living room and I still felt the need to say out loud "You have got to be fucking kidding me. Was that it?"

So what would I have done differently? Well, if I was in that creative meeting, I would have pushed for McMahon to tell the truth. Have him come out on Raw and say "Yes, I did fake my own death. Yes, there was a greater plan but Chris Benoit cocked it up for me." Not go in depth as to how Benoit put a dent in McMahon's plans, but just a passing mention.

Definitely a controversial way to go, but it would have been better for a variety of reasons. Firstly, it's more logical and believable. Secondly, it would have created the blurring of the lines that some of us love so much. PG didn't kick in until 2008, so it would have been do-able.

Anyway, that's my moment I'd like to re-write.

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

They basically explained it the way you said they should have...Vince said something along the lines of "In light of these circumstances,The Vince McMahon Death storyline has been dropped."

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    They basically explained it the way you said they should have...Vince said something along the lines of "In light of these circumstances,The Vince McMahon Death storyline has been dropped."
    Yeah, but when they went back to the fantasy world of scripted television...

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

I'm pretty easy to please but now knowing Edge retired after Wrestlemania 27, I would have much rather had Christian return at the Royal Rumble, win it and faced Edge in his retirement match.

I would re-write the Invasion Angle. Shane McMahon would have remained the active CEO for WCW and would have not returned to WWE programming (RAW or SD!) until around 2006-2007ish when a major WCW player "jumped ship". WCW would have moved right along, only with a better writing staff (SmackDown! staff at the time could have gone to WCW to write for Nitro). WCW and WWE would continue to battle each other, but with the Kayfabe in full effect. But several years down the road, when VKM finally snatched up one of Shane's main players, it would be on. Instead of it being a McMahon family battle, I would rather have seen ECW merge with WCW (I know it sounds bad, but Paul working with Shane surpasses the emotions that the letters ECW have) and Heyman would be the active General Manager for Nitro with Shane being the CEO, while VKM is the CEO of WWE with Steph being the active GM. After the years of tension and build up, major players would begin jumping from one program to the next, Paul and Steph would call each other out on live programming, keeping the buzz around the entire wrestling industry and creating the opportunity for dream matches to still come to fruition, but would give VKM more motivation to keep guys like DDP, Goldberg, Booker T looking strong as they would be what was carrying Shane's "brand" of the WWE product.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I would re-write the Invasion Angle. Shane McMahon would have remained the active CEO for WCW and would have not returned to WWE programming (RAW or SD!) until around 2006-2007ish when a major WCW player "jumped ship". WCW would have moved right along, only with a better writing staff (SmackDown! staff at the time could have gone to WCW to write for Nitro). WCW and WWE would continue to battle each other, but with the Kayfabe in full effect. But several years down the road, when VKM finally snatched up one of Shane's main players, it would be on. Instead of it being a McMahon family battle, I would rather have seen ECW merge with WCW (I know it sounds bad, but Paul working with Shane surpasses the emotions that the letters ECW have) and Heyman would be the active General Manager for Nitro with Shane being the CEO, while VKM is the CEO of WWE with Steph being the active GM. After the years of tension and build up, major players would begin jumping from one program to the next, Paul and Steph would call each other out on live programming, keeping the buzz around the entire wrestling industry and creating the opportunity for dream matches to still come to fruition, but would give VKM more motivation to keep guys like DDP, Goldberg, Booker T looking strong as they would be what was carrying Shane's "brand" of the WWE product.
    Pretty much this exactly for me. Or how it's really called - "handling the brand extension properly"

Classics right there...The Invasion done right...For me...He may not have been on par with getting over like Rey,but in this case MAYBE so definitely...But ...Chavo being the one to dedicate the win at the Rumble to Eddie,not Rey...Matter of fact,Chavo would be in his place through the entire storyline.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

I'd put Sting in the Invasion angle and have the Invasion end at Wrestlemania with a point stipulation instead of the Survivor Series match.

1.) Sting vs The Undertaker-One point

2.) Kane and the Hardy Boyz vs Rhino and the Dudley Boys-One Point for each elimination

3.) Unification Match US and Intercontinental Championship-Three points
    Kurt Angle vs Rob Van Damn

4.) Chris Jericho vs Lance Storm-1 point

5.) WCW Championship match-Seven Points
    Stone Cold(rejoins WWF) vs Booker T

6.) WWF Championship match-Seven Points
    The Rock vs Chris Jericho(defected to the Alliance)

7.) Title Unification Match-Fourteen Points
    Chris Jericho vs Stone Cold
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

I would go back to RR and keep Rock from winning the belt. I think Punk is going to have the most interesting storyline going into Wrestlemania.
    A R R I VE.
    P A N DA-A T T A C K
    L E A V E.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    I would rewrite two things....

First is the invasion storyline...if it was possible I would of had Sting, Booker and DDP be the main three for the Alliance. I would of not had Austin switch sides and have Sting beat him for the WWE Title. Then I would keep Rock beating Booker for the WCW title. After I would have had the NWO come in during the Survivor Series beat down the WWE after winning the winner takes all. Then Hogan would beat Sting for the WWE title and go into WM18 to face the Rock in a unification match for the undisputed title where Rock would win unifying the belts.

Second...I would had Randy Orton go coast to coast with the WWE title from WM25 to WM26. Instead of losing to triple H, Orton would win and go on to beat Batista and punt Batista out of the WWE when Batista decided to leave WWE. It would have capped off a huge revenge story from when Batista and HHH beat Orton down and kicked him out of Evolution.