Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What if?

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    Don't be silly, this is the internet!
    I keep forgetting.

I think this is the prediction for the title. Brad Maddox comes out as the ref to kick off the match, Rock destroys him right away and he's helped to the back. Another ref comes out, they put on a match, Rock wins the title. Then the next night on Raw, Rock is dq'd for attacking the ref and must forfeit the title. There. He's off TV to do what he wants. Cena wins the Rumble. Rock wins the title at Elimination Chamber. Loses it to Cena at Wrestlemania. Next night on Raw, Shield attacks Rock and he's gone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    You don't see a problem with the WWE champion barely being on the show? If Rock wins and then just shows up every now and again or does taped promos for each show I honestly believe that the title will become meaningless. I'm not a huge punk fan but he's a champion thats on every show, has matches all the time and good matches at that. I don't want the rock being champion for teh same reason I don't want taker being champion, they aren't around enough to be useful champions
    IMO this is a classic IWC over reaction. The rock doesn't have to be at every show because he can shoot promos elsewhere. Dolph ziggler and aj weren't at one of the raws recently, but we still seen a crap ton of them. I didn't here anyone complain that he didn't show up. Also saying that this would make the title meaningless is a bit of an exaggeration. The rock is a legend, who is still very capable of putting on a great show. He beat john cena on the biggest stage cleanly last year. there is a ton of build to give him the title. I don't see any alternative. CM punk should drop the title IMO. he isn't stale yet, but he is on the verge, people like punk are funner to watch when they are not the champion. If I have to hear another "I'm Paul heyman and this is the champion for 400 odd days" days promo I think I might gouge out my eyes.
    #TeamGeeky

I think it's possible that the rock might go full timefull time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by browne81 View Post
    I think it's possible that the rock might go full timefull time
    I don't think this is going to happen.
    #TeamGeeky

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I don't think this is going to happen.
    This is from a thread I made earlier.
    The Great One

There is a lot of speculation as to what will happen with The Rock and the WWE title. Many people think he will just leave after WM so there is no point in him winning the title.

I am a fan of The Rock but I have to agree that there is not much point in him winning the title to only drop it a soon thereafter. What if we are all wrong though.

Consider this The Rock has been making a lot of movies as of late. Perhaps he is making all these movies now because he knows that there is another project the he wants to work on. In other words perhaps he is preparing for a WWE title run. A title run that could last for the better part of a year or at least 6 months.

What do you guys think about this? Do you think there is a remote possibility that the rock might be actually gearing up for one last run as a full time super star? He could win the strap at RR and hold it till about summer slam. That would give the WWE plenty of time to push Wade Barret or Dolph Ziggler or anyone else. The Rock dropping the title after a lengthy run as the WWE champ to a wade barrett or some other superstar would really get them over.

Blog Entries
    Ok so instead of quoting a bunch of people since im on my phone at work, im going off by memory,

Wadeb-people sitting back and actually enjoying something would be like taking a rock and squeezing water out

Dk savior- i dont see that happening merely for the fact that would leave the title vacant. If anything i see punk retaining through nefarious means and then losing it to the rock in the chamber. On the same hand, what im liking about this match is no one knows whats going to happen, where as other times people know ahead of time through common sense/logic or dirt sheets, and i think thats what makes a good match, not knowing who is set to win.

Dennis- your analogy is way off merely for the fact that the rock and ziggler cant be classified the same. The rock can be classified with the likes of taker, lesnar, or hhh. I merely say this because all of those people could merit a title win merely for the fact of their history, but everyone would know a) it wouldnt be long and b) we may or may not see them on every raw. In my eyes, the wwe champ should be on raw 3/4 of the month, and between now and wm, that wont be the case for the rock

Browne-the rock isnt going full time. He has two movies coming out soon and im 90% certain he is casted in a lead role for a new hercules/zeus movie. The day the rock comes back full time, is the day shawn michaels wrestles another match

Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    Ok so instead of quoting a bunch of people since im on my phone at work, im going off by memory,

Wadeb-people sitting back and actually enjoying something would be like taking a rock and squeezing water out

Dk savior- i dont see that happening merely for the fact that would leave the title vacant. If anything i see punk retaining through nefarious means and then losing it to the rock in the chamber. On the same hand, what im liking about this match is no one knows whats going to happen, where as other times people know ahead of time through common sense/logic or dirt sheets, and i think thats what makes a good match, not knowing who is set to win.

Dennis- your analogy is way off merely for the fact that the rock and ziggler cant be classified the same. The rock can be classified with the likes of taker, lesnar, or hhh. I merely say this because all of those people could merit a title win merely for the fact of their history, but everyone would know a) it wouldnt be long and b) we may or may not see them on every raw. In my eyes, the wwe champ should be on raw 3/4 of the month, and between now and wm, that wont be the case for the rock

Browne-the rock isnt going full time. He has two movies coming out soon and im 90% certain he is casted in a lead role for a new hercules/zeus movie. The day the rock comes back full time, is the day shawn michaels wrestles another match
    well I guess you might be right. But who knows

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by browne81 View Post
    well I guess you might be right. But who knows
    Look at it this way

February- snitch comes out with rock in the lead role
    March g.i. joe 2- rock in lead role with bruce willis
    April-pain and gain-mark whalberg and the rock
    May- fast six-vin diesel, paul walker, and the rock

Then there is still empire state which is slated for this year, and 2014 has Hercules: The Thracian Wars. That is a crapton of movies, as well as PR for the movies. Does that mean its impossible for the rock to come back full time? No..but id say it makes it 99.9% likely he is only back for wm season

Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    Look at it this way

February- snitch comes out with rock in the lead role
    March g.i. joe 2- rock in lead role with bruce willis
    April-pain and gain-mark whalberg and the rock
    May- fast six-vin diesel, paul walker, and the rock

Then there is still empire state which is slated for this year, and 2014 has Hercules: The Thracian Wars. That is a crapton of movies, as well as PR for the movies. Does that mean its impossible for the rock to come back full time? No..but id say it makes it 99.9% likely he is only back for wm season
    Well that just dashed my hopes