Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    Now if they can give a reason why they taking over or running wild over TNA...

Jarrett is tired of watching Dixie drive the great company he made into the ground...

Everyone would bitch and throw a fit, but I think Jarrett makes more sense than Eric Bischoff just wanting to get his spot back. I'd also accept Russo returning as a big reveal if Jarrett comes back, but I doubt it would work. I wouldn't mind Russo for the on screen appearance but definitely do not want him touching scripts or pitching storyline ideas again.

Last possibility I'd accept would be Abyss returning with his third face. The whole motivation could be left in that Abyss just wants to watch the world burn. The psychotic character fits the mold for such pointless violence with the only desire to be the destruction of the company that helped him to destroy himself. The problem I have so far is that there is no set "good guy" who is going to save the day in this; Hogan isn't believable, Sting doesn't need it, Angle is within 3 years of "retiring", and Cowboy hasn't been involved enough for it to work. They have Bully in that position, and he could hold it, but I think he's involved. That leaves Styles, which could very well be why he has vanished, but when he returns the logical course of action for him is to go after the belt, not the A&8s.
    Last edited by Darkside Ron Garvin; 01-27-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Jarrett is tired of watching Dixie drive the great company he made into the ground...

Everyone would bitch and throw a fit, but I think Jarrett makes more sense than Eric Bischoff just wanting to get his spot back. I'd also accept Russo returning as a big reveal if Jarrett comes back, but I doubt it would work. I wouldn't mind Russo for the on screen appearance but definitely do not want him touching scripts or pitching storyline ideas again.

Last possibility I'd accept would be Abyss returning with his third face. The whole motivation could be left in that Abyss just wants to watch the world burn. The psychotic character fits the mold for such pointless violence with the only desire to be the destruction of the company that helped him to destroy himself. The problem I have so far is that there is no set "good guy" who is going to save the day in this; Hogan isn't believable, Sting doesn't need it, Angle is within 3 years of "retiring", and Cowboy hasn't been involved enough for it to work. They have Bully in that position, and he could hold it, but I think he's involved. That leaves Styles, which could very well be why he has vanished, but when he returns the logical course of action for him is to go after the belt, not the A&8s.
    Call me crazy but I would like to see all 3 return Russo and Jarrett and Bischoff!!!! Russo would be a swerve no one see coming!!!
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Point number one:
    I can't believe how many people are making a big deal about people being former WWE guys. Who cares? If a guy is a good addition, which both Knox and DOC, are who cares where they used to come from. I mean some of the most influential members of the Attitude Era came from ECW and WCW, but no one complains about that. Hell Hulk Hogan was originally apart of the AWA before joining the WWF. People change companies and it shouldn't matter.

Point number two:
    I like Darkside Gavin's idea of having Abyss being the man behind Aces and Eights because it would be pretty cool. However at the moment it currently looks like the man behind Aces and Eights is going to either be Bully Ray, Hogan, Jarrett, or Bischoff. I hope Bully does join Aces and Eights because his face run is just to damn cheesy. Another possible scenario I would like to see a big swerve like they did with Devon as the leader.

Point number three:
    As for the hero of TNA point I wouldn't mind seeing Joe as the savior of TNA. I think the "savior" of TNA needs to be a TNA Original so either Joe, Styles, Eric Young(if he comes back as a serious character) or someone returning from the past. I wouldn't mind seeing Alex Shelley, Jay Lethal, or Senshi return. The only way I would like to see Storm be the savior is if a member of Aces and Eights is TNA World Heavyweight Champion. Then have Storm win and take the belt back.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Abyss is the guys revealed by Kurt Angle.
    It could also be Rob Terry (because of his size)

But I think it's Abyss

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    Abyss is the guys revealed by Kurt Angle.
    It could also be Rob Terry (because of his size)

But I think it's Abyss

I think you might be right. My first thought though is that the guy was too short to be Abyss, due to him only being about an inch taller than Kurt, but I didn't specifically look at that instant to see, nor am I 100% sure how much taller Abyss is than Kurt when side by side (Chris Park is 6' 8" and Kurt is 6' 0"). But the build of the VP is pretty accurate for Abyss.

My other thought is Pritchard. When watching it, I noticed the VP's hoodie come up enough on his back to show that it was a white guy, so I think (as long as they don't pull a last minute swap) D'lo is out as a possibility. With Snow disappearing from GutCheck for Wes Brisco, and the fact that D'lo said "if it's good enough for Pritchard", then I could see him falling into this role. Pritchard knew what Taz and Snow were going to vote, so he got Snow out of the picture because D'lo respected him enough to follow his lead; that sort of thing. Pritchard is 6' 1" which seems to fit a bit closer to the height difference I saw between Angle and the VP. This is all speculation at this point, but just my thoughts for how the angle has played out as a whole thus far.
    Last edited by Darkside Ron Garvin; 03-02-2013 at 09:55 AM.

DRG hates everyone

Brother Love in charge of a biker gang needs to happen.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    Wow...just wow. I cant believe this angle is still going on and they havent revealed the top guy yet. I mean, this storyline has been going on since june 14th. Thats over 9 months..and who have been the two biggest reveals? Devon and taz...oh wow. People knock how i met your mother for dragging stuff on, well this is tna's himym. Its a story that could easily keep going, but they needed to do the big reveal sooner. I wouldnt be surprised if it was until bound for glory this year that we learn who the head guy is. Wow tna...just wow

Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    Wow...just wow. I cant believe this angle is still going on and they havent revealed the top guy yet. I mean, this storyline has been going on since june 14th. Thats over 9 months..and who have been the two biggest reveals? Devon and taz...oh wow. People knock how i met your mother for dragging stuff on, well this is tna's himym. Its a story that could easily keep going, but they needed to do the big reveal sooner. I wouldnt be surprised if it was until bound for glory this year that we learn who the head guy is. Wow tna...just wow

We TNA fans will accept a LOT of crap for a LOT of different things, bear... But one thing we will not accept is comparing us to HIMYM. TNA still has potential to do great things; HIMYM has no potential left at all.

But you are right - This angle has lasted quite some time. The biggest swerves so far have been Taz and Devon, but the angle also gave a refresh to Anderson (solidifying him as a heel instead of a good guy / bad guy from week to week) and gave a platform to bring in some more talent for TNA. Like the fact that they were WWE guys or not, DOC has come off as a credible force and Knox fits the group that he was placed in. It also allowed for Lil' Bischoff and Wes to have SOMETHING to do as the backstabbers and gave us a fresh Taz heel turn which has made his commentary seem better (for lack of a better word).

I do think that El Presidente will be kept until BFG, so you are right there... But VP will be told at Lockdown and hopefully, by the reaction of Angle, it will be good enough to help carry the angle until its conclusion. Sure, it hasn't been the best storyline ever told in the wrestling business, but it has served a purposed and done so very well... HIMYM, however, hasn't served anything close to a purpose in years (yet you still sig the show ). I like long storylines so this hasn't been a negative thing for me; just part of the show. Hell man, Abyss has been missing for longer than 9 months, but that angle still feels 'fresh' thanks to the Joseph Park character "politik'n" and learning the meaning of "insider" words such as a 'rib'.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    We TNA fans will accept a LOT of crap for a LOT of different things, bear... But one thing we will not accept is comparing us to HIMYM. TNA still has potential to do great things; HIMYM has no potential left at all.

But you are right - This angle has lasted quite some time. The biggest swerves so far have been Taz and Devon, but the angle also gave a refresh to Anderson (solidifying him as a heel instead of a good guy / bad guy from week to week) and gave a platform to bring in some more talent for TNA. Like the fact that they were WWE guys or not, DOC has come off as a credible force and Knox fits the group that he was placed in. It also allowed for Lil' Bischoff and Wes to have SOMETHING to do as the backstabbers and gave us a fresh Taz heel turn which has made his commentary seem better (for lack of a better word).

I do think that El Presidente will be kept until BFG, so you are right there... But VP will be told at Lockdown and hopefully, by the reaction of Angle, it will be good enough to help carry the angle until its conclusion. Sure, it hasn't been the best storyline ever told in the wrestling business, but it has served a purposed and done so very well... HIMYM, however, hasn't served anything close to a purpose in years (yet you still sig the show ). I like long storylines so this hasn't been a negative thing for me; just part of the show. Hell man, Abyss has been missing for longer than 9 months, but that angle still feels 'fresh' thanks to the Joseph Park character "politik'n" and learning the meaning of "insider" words such as a 'rib'.
    Dont even get me started on the abyss storyline

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    Dont even get me started on the abyss storyline
    Joseph Park has just been looking for himself the whole time and he has finally found himself as a great performer in TNA... Storyline is great... So don't make me get the bear trap out.