Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WWE advertising spoilers? [ALLUDES TO SPOILERS]

The pirate copy of Smackdown I'm watching at the moment includes adverts for where WWE are touring in February but unlike most of these promos I've seen they are advertising matches that will take place which appear to be spoilers, advertising matches where titles are on the line but where neither participant may be champion after Sunday. Is it usual for them to advertise house shows with "WWF Champion Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior for the WWF title" if Hogan has a championship match at PPV prior to the event?
    I'm curious because I've not seen this sort of promotion before , or not noticed it, and they may well have spoilt more than one result from The Rumble.

Divas to believe in.

Did they show different people holding championships? I miss alot of this stuff but WWE has been spoiling their shows lately.. =/ Mainly the stuff that happens over on Smackdown.
    A R R I VE.
    P A N DA-A T T A C K
    L E A V E.

Black Ninja!
    They tend to advertise whoever is the current champ having title matches.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by PandaMassacre View Post
    Did they show different people holding championships? I miss alot of this stuff but WWE has been spoiling their shows lately.. =/ Mainly the stuff that happens over on Smackdown.
    I'm trying to avoid being too obvious about the spoilers so let's say one was the current champ and one wasn't for the sake of discussion.

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    They tend to advertise whoever is the current champ having title matches.
    I thought this was probably the case but it made me wonder what they do if the title has changed hands. If they've advertised Hogan vs Warrior for the strap how to they adjust if Randy Savage is the champion?

Divas to believe in.

happens over here in the uk whenever wwe is in town, they air ''commercials'' for the house shows during wwe programming and theres always a spoiler or two being advertised

A lot of the Advertisements are sent out weeks or months in advance.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

What's the possible spoilers? This IS a wrestling news site after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    What's the possible spoilers? This IS a wrestling news site after all.
    I'm not going to put them in this thread because 1) it's not in the spoilers section and 2) I started it to find out if they were actual spoilers or just the way WWE advertises. For what it's worth I think spoilers aren't news, especially 2 days before a PPV.

By the looks of it it's just a case of WWE advertising offering things they may or may not deliver.

Divas to believe in.

They do this all the time that's why they usually state, 'Card/Line up subject to change.'