Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

WWE....Predictable

Real full contact sports = not predictable
    Fake contact sports = predictable

It's funny because i see alot of people on here saying such things as, " I saw that comming a mile away " or " wow, not again " or " I knew this is what would happen "

In the age of the social media where litterally thousands of people on here make predictions about Pro Wrestling someone is bound to hit the nail on the head eventually. It's entertainment and its fake at that. Creative at WWE map out storylines for each superstar and when thounsands of people post what they think will happen next with storylines someone eventually is going to hit the nail on the head like i said before.

There are no surprises anymore unless you don't come to these sites and read all these posts and what not. Can you imagine the money you could make if WWE matches were on pro-line lol.....and you had someone on the inside telling you who was going to win because it's all predetermined.....wow. never happen cause it's FAKE.

my point is if you want the element of surprise with pro wrestling then don't come to these sites. That's what it was like back in the day, you watched the show and found out what was happening. Which leads me to how hard it is for a company built on entertaining you with surprises and such when there are only a few ways that they can surprise you.

How often have we heard WWE shuffle their creative team over the years since social media....alot!!! It's not easy to hide anything anymore from fans and your personal lives for that matter.

So does dropping the PG solve anything for the fans who love violence and sexual content....maybe thats the counter weight to all the predictable storylines we are so accustomed to now....I don't know. The product is watered down and there are no jaw dropping elements of surprise because its hard to hide anything anymore. I for one have not been shocked by anything that either wrestling company has pushed at us for a very long time now.

just saying, thats all

peace everybody.

I agree to some level. I still get shocked even though i come onto this site. Then again i don't read everything like
    *Sheamus vs Randy Orton at Wm!???!?!?!?!?!?!?* Though your a fucking idiot if you come onto this site and call WWE predictable. It's your fault.

It is no secret that the internet killed wrestling because of sites like this. That is why I don't even bother going to the main page and bookmarked the forum section.

Wrestling would be a whole lot better if sites like this wasn't presenting backstage "news".

#REAL!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    It is no secret that the internet killed wrestling because of sites like this. That is why I don't even bother going to the main page and bookmarked the forum section.

Wrestling would be a whole lot better if sites like this wasn't presenting backstage "news".
    Exactly. I remember the whole internet thing started to really blow up in the mid 90's...however back then it still wasn't like today's internet. Even though I remember being in high school and logging on to the internet to check the internet "dirt sheets" and reading about the nWo and how Hall and Nash's contracts with the WWE were up, I never read anything about Hogan. When he showed up at the Bash, I figured something was up but it still took me by surprise that he finally turned into a full fledged heel after all those years.

I too try to stay away from reading many possible spoilers on the news site. It takes a lot of enjoyment away from the product.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post

Yeah, i did not go on this site for the whole of WM week so i was SUPER shocked when i saw Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by FLWWEFan View Post
    Exactly. I remember the whole internet thing started to really blow up in the mid 90's...however back then it still wasn't like today's internet. Even though I remember being in high school and logging on to the internet to check the internet "dirt sheets" and reading about the nWo and how Hall and Nash's contracts with the WWE were up, I never read anything about Hogan. When he showed up at the Bash, I figured something was up but it still took me by surprise that he finally turned into a full fledged heel after all those years.

I too try to stay away from reading many possible spoilers on the news site. It takes a lot of enjoyment away from the product.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    Yeah, i did not go on this site for the whole of WM week so i was SUPER shocked when i saw Brock.
    Clearly shows that if wrestling wants to have that storyline magic, dirtsheet sites have to stop posting backstage stuff.

#REAL!

Blog Entries
    I can clearly state that since I started reading sites like this, I haven't watched as much wrestling as I used to. That is why I mainly stay in the MMA section and run the UFC contests. I missed the shock value of watching pro wrestling and decided to mainly run my contest and just watch wrestling instead of reading about it beforehand. I really want to enjoy the pro wrestling programming again and for me to do so I had to stop reading the "dirt sheets" and backstage news, etc...

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

I agree with sites like this removing the unpredictable nature of the product, but there's something to be said for watching wrestling for years and getting a sense of how things will go down just based on experience. That doesn't require the internet at all, just a time commitment.

I'm almost afraid that many people that go to the shows visit sites like these. I swore I heard Lesnar chants before he came out the day after Wrestlemania. I know I heard Foley chants just before he showed up as the first inductee to the HOF this year.

I disagree. I compare watching WWE to watching a soap opera or TV series but I never find myself watching Dexter and saying "oh God not this story again" or watching the first five minutes of Eastenders (with my ex, not any more) and being able to explain the rest of the episode before it happens. Even compared to TNA WWE is predictable, they recycle the same old wrestling tropes time after time and their reaction to the internet is not to embrace or work it but to encourage faked Twitter polls and Touts.
    It's not even the case that I've been watching for 30 years and remember the good old days or that I yearn for the Attitude Era (believe me I don't) but since I started watching Raw and Smackdown regularly in 2009 the patterns have emerged. John Cena doesn't lose clean, whoever stands tall before the PPV is most likely to lose at the PPV, Alicia Fox flip flops heel to face like she's bi polar and so on. Of course there are exceptions but the fact there are exceptions to these rules shows how stale and stagnant the writing is.
    Yes you can blame the internet and dirt sheets for spoiling things and of course the Twittersphere is the proverbial team of infinite monkeys with typewriters but even if you don't read them it's obvious how an episode of Raw will play out and that is due to lazy un-creative writing.
    It doesn't have to be this way.
    TNA are showing that and their shows aren't live, and to say calling WWE predictable makes someone a "fucking idiot" ewantu2 is like saying people shouldn't complain about their favourite sports team's performance or the state of the government. The fact is that as a fan of pro-wrestling I have to watch WWE to see the biggest stars, the biggest shows or even just regular programming, that doesn't mean that I forfeit my right to criticise what they do badly, that doesn't make me, or anyone else who does a "fucking idiot".
    As the title says WWE is predictable but that doesn't mean all pro-wrestling is or that we should just accept it and watch as the major player in an industry we enjoy rests on their laurels and pumps out predictable TV while viewing figures and PPV buy rates decline. If I could watch CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Kane, Dolph Ziggler, Damien Sandow, Antonio Cesaro, Wade Barrett etc. on another show I wouldn't watch WWE but seeing as I can't WWE creative have the attitude of "we're number 1 so why try harder?" and that, sirs, is a bad thing.

Divas to believe in.

It's not as predictable as people think. 3 recent surprises include Big Show's WHC win, The Shield's debut and Alberto Del Rio's WHC win.