Originally Posted by Robstar
(5) - Source - http://whatscookingamerica.net/Histo...PumpkinPie.htm
- This explains that the "traditional" pumpkin pie we now have yearly at Thanksgiving time derived from the settlers and Indian relationship that first came about when America was founded. Without the mutual acceptance and tolerance between the two groups, the modern day America (and all of its “glory”
) might be a totally different country as a whole. Therefore, to deny the incredible transformation that pumpkin pie has taken, from the boiled and ground pumpkin that was what some users thought of when we have a different knowledge of it's deliciousness, is in essence a prejudice against the acceptance of what the Indians first gave to the white man in order to help us survive our first harsh winters in what is now known as the United States of America; Hence, hating pumpkin pie is racist.
(4) Doesn't mean it isn't true
(2) The comparison of this thread to CBOT
(1) That statement is purely subjective.
Also - Denny, you agreeing with Rob on something is comparable to my agreeing with Iron Ape... It's going to happen virtually every time.