Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Well, you weren't that clear and I recall 90% of his WHC or WWE title runs he was a heel so, you know, on average he was more heel than face.
    Well I just figured it was understood since it was in the OP "Last face world champs,Edge,Orton,Sheamus,Christian. "

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    Well I just figured it was understood since it was in the OP "Last face world champs,Edge,Orton,Sheamus,Christian. "

Who reads the OP in a thread these days?

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post

Whatever! I hope you know you cannot be right since look who you're talking to? Don't you know who I am?

I agree I never enjoyed Del Rio as a heel I never understood why if he has so much money he didnt get people to back him up. Thats wrestling 101. Del Rio is going to be an amazing face but the question is - How long will WWE have him hold the belt ?

Blog Entries
    As a long time fan of Alberto Del Rio I'm glad to see his new face run is working so well.The only thing I didn't expect was Ricardo is just as good at being a face as he was at being a heel, which is surprising because of how excellent he was at being a heel. I wouldn't mind seeing Alberto Del Rio turning to his more heelish gimmick later, but I am enjoying him more as a face in the WWE than any other face currently. (maybe excluding Team hell no, depending on how you classify them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    The drive by IWC certainly love a bandwagon, I remember not too long ago quite a lot of threads shitting all over Del Rio.
    Yea, I remember getting on here the day after he turned face and people were bashing him and saying how Vince should just drop Alberto Del Rio from the roster because it was such an obvious desperation move. I wonder why Vince doesn't listen to the IWC more often.

Blog Entries
    Does everyone want a good reason why Alberto Del Rio is so great?

As a heel what did he do? He toned down his in ring work, relying on stomps, kicks, submissions, and the very occasional high spot to keep from being seen as a great wrestler and keeping the crowd from getting behind him. His mic work consisted of repeating that his destiny was to win etc. Essentially trying his best to not be entertaining and pulling it off getting everyone, including the internet to hate him.

As a face he adds more vicious strikes, flashy high spots, and smiles. Then on the mic he entertains the crowd and smiles. Long story short he entertains the crowd and makes us love him.

I will say it once again, Alberto Del Rio has the crowd in the palm of his hand, the charisma and psychology he has is almost impossible to match, maybe surpassed by only Triple H in my opinion. Alberto Del Rio can do it all and he is proving it by turning all of your opinions in a matter of 2 weeks.

In 4 words I will explain why Alberto Del Rio is great. HE WORKED THE INTERNET

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimusSucks View Post

As a heel what did he do? He toned down his in ring work, relying on stomps, kicks, submissions, and the very occasional high spot to keep from being seen as a great wrestler and keeping the crowd from getting behind him. His mic work consisted of repeating that his destiny was to win etc. Essentially trying his best to not be entertaining and pulling it off getting everyone, including the internet to hate him.

As a face he adds more vicious strikes, flashy high spots, and smiles. Then on the mic he entertains the crowd and smiles. Long story short he entertains the crowd and makes us love him.

I will say it once again, Alberto Del Rio has the crowd in the palm of his hand, the charisma and psychology he has is almost impossible to match, maybe surpassed by only Triple H in my opinion. Alberto Del Rio can do it all and he is proving it by turning all of your opinions in a matter of 2 weeks.

I agreed with you until here. I don't think Alberto Del Rio gives a crap about the IWC. I think he cares what the fans think. The IWC will hate him soon enough. He's a face, we love to hate faces.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by PrimusSucks View Post

That was a great little read. Yea I loved Alberto Del Rio since his debut. Never once called him boring, and wanted him to take the title off of Sheamus during his feud. I remember when he debut and made Mysterio submit I was excited to see a heel latino wrestler, with a submission finisher. And new he would be a world champion, I was happy he won the Royal Rumble and wanted him to beat Edge at Wrestlemania. (Kind of glad he didn't know since Edge retired after that). Hardly a bandwagon jumper, I just love a great wrestler with great talent. And Del Rio is one of the most talented wrestlers in the WWE.

Blog Entries
    I'd venture as far as to say, 75% of internet wrestling fans don't go to shows.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I agreed with you until here. I don't think Alberto Del Rio gives a crap about the IWC. I think he cares what the fans think. The IWC will hate him soon enough. He's a face, we love to hate faces.
    He may not give a crap about the IWC and may not have strived to have us hate him, but he didn't wow the live crowds much as a heel. All I am saying is that as a heel he knew what he was doing in getting us to hate him.