Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: What if?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Just remember this - nobody sits around recalling the amount of times Flair cheated or got the Horsemen to do a run-in to save his title - hell, they barely even remember the guys he fought. But the weight of opinion is that Flair is a legend and one of the very best ever. So, it didn't do him much harm in the long term.
    How do you honestly know this? There's no way of making that statement a true fact. Guys like us here not counting,I don't see how its logical to say that. Older folks COULD do it all the time.



    The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

  2. #22
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,323
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    How do you honestly know this? There's no way of making that statement a true fact. Guys like us here not counting,I don't see how its logical to say that. Older folks COULD do it all the time.
    Because I'm older folks! I grew up in that era and I don't watch Flair thinking, "What a phony!" I do look at him and think "How could he let himself fall so far, stylin' and profilin'?" Besides which, upstart wrestling fans of todays generation don't want to hear and aren't accepting of any older fans take on how it used to be compared to today. Like you're doing just now. They think vintage wrestling is the Attitude Era



  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Because I'm older folks! I grew up in that era and I don't watch Flair thinking, "What a phony!" I do look at him and think "How could he let himself fall so far, stylin' and profilin'?" Besides which, upstart wrestling fans of todays generation don't want to hear and aren't accepting of any older fans take on how it used to be compared to today. Like you're doing just now. They think vintage wrestling is the Attitude Era

    But YOU do not make up the majority of older folk. One man's thought on it does not equal majority.

    And also from the bolded,you have no idea how old I am,I may not said "Older folk like me",but I could be older than you for all you know.

    You're reaching too much too far here,I get what you're saying,but its not logic or fact based,you just have no proof of none of the above at all.



    The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

  4. #24
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,323
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    But YOU do not make up the majority of older folk. One man's thought on it does not equal majority.

    And also from the bolded,you have no idea how old I am,I may not said "Older folk like me",but I could be older than you for all you know.

    You're reaching too much too far here,I get what you're saying,but its not logic or fact based,you just have no proof of none of the above at all.
    \

    And your argument is based in what fact? You seem obsessed with facts over opinion, where are your facts? If you're going to arrive on the scene and demand a gunfight, you should at least be carrying a gun yourself.

    Ask Wade Barrett 1979, Dr, Death or Darkside Ron Garvin. See if their answer differs from mine at all. This ain't my first dance - you act like for some reason you know I have never discussed this subject before. Like as if my view hasn't been formed by years of conversations and corroborations, the opinions of wrestling fans both young and old from over 2 years of moderating this site not to mention being a 30 year wrestling fan myself. And now you're scrambling to find footing, backtracking on your own words and saying desperate stuff like. "Oh but I could have meant this, you don't know!" which is pretty transparent because if you HAD meant that, why didn't you say it?

    Puh-lease.



  5. #25
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,323
    Blog Entries
    6
    On top of which, back about 25 years ago when I religiously collected Pro Wrestling Illustrated and ALL it's sister publications, you don't think there were like, a million and one articles about Flair tarnishing his legacy by cheating to win all the time? There was no letters pages where fans wrote in and stated that they would NEVER support Flair in any capacity? That I wouldn't read these things cover to cover, again and again because unlike my overseas wrestling brethren, there was no wrestling on TV and all I had was print journals that I would pore over for practically all my pimply faced teen years? That over the years I haven't watched as Flair became deified by the wrestling world, as many legends of yore are, observing as their shortcomings are forgotten as quickly as the shitty parts of the Attitude Era?



  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    \

    And your argument is based in what fact? You seem obsessed with facts over opinion, where are your facts? If you're going to arrive on the scene and demand a gunfight, you should at least be carrying a gun yourself.

    Ask Wade Barrett 1979, Dr, Death or Darkside Ron Garvin. See if their answer differs from mine at all. This ain't my first dance - you act like for some reason you know I have never discussed this subject before. Like as if my view hasn't been formed by years of conversations and corroborations, the opinions of wrestling fans both young and old from over 2 years of moderating this site not to mention being a 30 year wrestling fan myself. And now you're scrambling to find footing, backtracking on your own words and saying desperate stuff like. "Oh but I could have meant this, you don't know!" which is pretty transparent because if you HAD meant that, why didn't you say it?

    Puh-lease.
    You're missing my entire point. I'm not looking for any large debate or as you say a "Gunfight",I'm merely stating one does not make up majority...Just because some older like you thinks this way does not mean "Ppl don't talk about flair's defenses." I don't really care for the fact if you have or haven't discussed this before,again,I'm really not that focused on this shit. And as far as "backtracking and scrambling" ,again,You're taking things entirely too serious and out of context...Merely saying there's no telling how old I am and you have no way of judging that just because I haven't said it before or didn't say it here...Maybe I just don't care to say it ,As I said Its not like that for me,Just telling you how your logic was flawed,Agree to disagree I guess cuz as i said numerous times I'm def not looking for the debate you are.



    The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

  7. #27
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,323
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    You're missing my entire point. I'm not looking for any large debate or as you say a "Gunfight",I'm merely stating one does not make up majority...Just because some older like you thinks this way does not mean "Ppl don't talk about flair's defenses." I don't really care for the fact if you have or haven't discussed this before,again,I'm really not that focused on this shit. And as far as "backtracking and scrambling" ,again,You're taking things entirely too serious and out of context...Merely saying there's no telling how old I am and you have no way of judging that just because I haven't said it before or didn't say it here...Maybe I just don't care to say it ,As I said Its not like that for me,Just telling you how your logic was flawed,Agree to disagree I guess cuz as i said numerous times I'm def not looking for the debate you are.
    But my logic is not flawed. You are simply wrong. Clearly, like so many other wrestling fans who hate to have their syphilitic notions dispelled, are determined to keep your head in the sand rather than accept the knowledge of one who clearly knows far more and far better than yourself. No skin off my back. Stay ignorant then.



  8. #28
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,741
    I like pie...


    To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    But my logic is not flawed. You are simply wrong. Clearly, like so many other wrestling fans who hate to have their syphilitic notions dispelled, are determined to keep your head in the sand rather than accept the knowledge of one who clearly knows far more and far better than yourself. No skin off my back. Stay ignorant then.
    No I just honestly didn't hae nothing else to say about it,That's all there is to it,Regardless if you wanna accept it or not. So yea,I'll be ignorant in your world and you can be unwilling to listen to honest logic in mine. I'm not some dumbass internet fan you're used to dealing with it so its all good.



    The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

  10. #30
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,323
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    No I just honestly didn't hae nothing else to say about it,That's all there is to it,Regardless if you wanna accept it or not. So yea,I'll be ignorant in your world and you can be unwilling to listen to honest logic in mine. I'm not some dumbass internet fan you're used to dealing with it so its all good.
    Really? Because you're doing an awesome job of sounding like just that.



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.