Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    First of all...wrestling matches aren't these guys characters at all. They're supposed to be imposing their will on people who get treated better than everyone else. What makes more sense to give somebody a lesson? Jumping someone & beating the hell out of them or having an even one on one or two on two or three on three match? Also, they are in a story. They've been in a story with Ryback since they arrived & adding Randy Orton & Sheamus to it is probably just to build to a Royal Rumble moment where all six men are in the ring alone together & I could imagine it being squashed on RAW a week or two later in a six man tag match. Also, The Shield are involved in this story of whether or not they are working for Paul Heyman or CM Punk. I don't even watch RAW, just highlights & I knew this smh

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen View Post
    First of all...wrestling matches aren't these guys characters at all. They're supposed to be imposing their will on people who get treated better than everyone else. What makes more sense to give somebody a lesson? Jumping someone & beating the hell out of them or having an even one on one or two on two or three on three match? Also, they are in a story. They've been in a story with Ryback since they arrived & adding Randy Orton & Sheamus to it is probably just to build to a Royal Rumble moment where all six men are in the ring alone together & I could imagine it being squashed on RAW a week or two later in a six man tag match. Also, The Shield are involved in this story of whether or not they are working for Paul Heyman or CM Punk. I don't even watch RAW, just highlights & I knew this smh
    Yes,their "Story" is fighting injustice...Its NEVER explained,But it doesn't have to be for that matter. Its always plainly obvious...God forbid wrestling actually makes you think and delve into it instead of just telling you .

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

The Nexus had a very defined storyline vs. Cena though. The Sheild's storyline likely involves a dart board of babyfaces back stage. One week it's Ryback. The next week it's Team Hell No, then Sheamus, then Orton, then Miz, now Rock... no rhyme or reason. That's not really a lasting storyline. It's just any random face to get a heel reaction.

The WWE doesnt have to make them look weak in a program with someone. They dont have to be squashed. Clearly they are on a different playing level than 3MB.

Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl View Post
    The Nexus had a very defined storyline vs. Cena though. The Sheild's storyline likely involves a dart board of babyfaces back stage. One week it's Ryback. The next week it's Team Hell No, then Sheamus, then Orton, then Miz, now Rock... no rhyme or reason. That's not really a lasting storyline. It's just any random face to get a heel reaction.

The WWE doesnt have to make them look weak in a program with someone. They dont have to be squashed. Clearly they are on a different playing level than 3MB.
    No. Couldn't be more wrong. As I said before there is and always has been a reason for their attacks. Every single time. Whether its explained or not,There's always been injustice somehow every time they jump someone,As my above post said ,Just because its not explained doesn't mean it can't be very easily figured out.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

If there is a payoff, then I agree. But I would prefer to see them in a legit promo battle with someone on a weekly basis. Their storyline right now is similar to Brodus Clay squashing guys when he started his dancing gimmick or Ryback squashing jobber after jobber after jobber. I did like where they appeared to be going with Ryback & Team Hell No. But for whatever reason, Team Hell No isnt even on their radar any more.

They need to let Ambrose shine on the mic. Right now they are about as predictable as you get in the WWE. If there is anyone who didnt think they would interfere in the recent RAW TLC Match, I'd like to talk to that person about buying some beach front property in Kansas.

Maybe is why good WWE storylines never play out, cause fans are bored after a month!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    I got turned off of The Shield when they constantly kept doing those unspoken 'RAW time filler' beatdown segments. I want to see them have individual matches and more promo time. I want to see them as their own person instead of them just being a 'pack of dogs' endlessly attacking their prey. I'm sure they are building all of this up toward something but it just seems like they are dragging it out for some odd reason. I can smell a Russo Swerve approaching us.
    That's the way it should be. Whoever's behind the attacks is going to have A LOT to brag about. Therefore, that's the way the Shield should be looked at as of now; just a pack of dogs. Once cracks form within their ranks through discontent, that's when personalities shine through because that's the time when they become their own person, when they get the opportunity to begin with? At this point? It's just fruitless since their efforts are random and almost synonymous to aimless.