WHC Roadmap to Wrestlemania

Yo Team,

I've recently been doing a lot of thinking about how the World Heavyweight Championship scene will take shape leading up to Wrestlemania. Admittedly, my thought process usually consists of how and when Ziggler will get the strap, but I'll refrain for a minute.

Alberto Del Rio's recent World Title win caught me off guard. At first I assumed he would be a transitional champion, a face for the #Heel to cash-in on. However, Del Rio appears to be relatively promising and comfortable in his new role as a babyface champion (I am shocked I just gave him a compliment). Vince's involvement in the Del Rio/Show feud to kick off Raw last week further supports the idea that they are making a real effort to give that belt some value. Anyways, I think it's safe to say Del Rio defeats Big Show at the Rumble. But, what's next? Can Del Rio really be the WHC leading into the biggest PPV of the year? Or will two fresh faces (neither Big Show or Del Rio) square off at Mania for the big gold belt?

Let's look at the players: Obviously there is Del Rio and Big Show, but there is also Sheamus, Ziggler, Orton, Wade, Miz, and a handful of others.

To me, the lead candidate to be involved in the WHC Match at Wrestlemania is Dolph Ziggler. The WWE has been building him up (I know, with epicly frustrating losses to Cena every week) for months now. He took down Orton at Survivor Series, beat Cena at TLC, started a new stable, and added the Superkick to his finishing move repetoir. Some argue he will hold his briefcase until AFTER Mania, but that doesn't seem like a 'show-off' kind of thing to do. I suppose he could announce his cash in for a title match at Mania, but that's a VERY babyface move for him to make. That said, they did mention they are considering a face turn for him.

But if he were to Cash-in, when? Del Rio vs. Big Show will happen before the Rumble match. Will he cash-in before and enter the Rumble match as Champ? Logic says he won't WIN the Rumble, so he'd have to get eliminated as the new WHC, which would seem kind of like a momentum killer. (Although a new WHC Ziggler and Cena as the final two in the Rumble would be massively entertaining). It will be tough for him to Cash-In at the Elimination Chamber. 1. He'll probably be in the match. 2. It's a tough environment to Cash-In at with 5 other guys involved in the match. Based on my logic, Dolph will need to Cash-in at a Raw, sometime between the Rumble and Mania. Will the WHC change hands on cable TV two consecutive times? I just don't know!

Fun Idea: Ziggler cashes in at the Rumble, wins, but then is eliminated by his eventual Mania opponent. Top candidates: Randy Orton, The Miz, or Chris Jericho.

This is getting lengthy, and I didn't plan for it to. Sorry everyone who has made it this far. I'll try to sum this up quickly.

I don't think Ziggler vs Del Rio would be the best program the WWE could offer for a title match at Mania. I personally don't want to see Del Rio fighting for it. But, where would Del Rio go? I'd like to see him face off with Wade Barrett or some other stud mid-carder.

I think Big Show dropped the title to enter his eventual feud with Ryback. I think Sheamus had the strap for a long time and will be kept away from the WHC scene for the next few months. That leaves Orton, Miz, and Ziggler. The Miz seems to be comfortable in the mid-card at the moment, although him and Dolph have great in-ring and on-the-mic chemistry. Their brief two-week stint on Main Event a few months back was awesome. A guy like Daniel Bryan could and will be amazing in a singles match for the WHC, but I think he'll still be tied to Kane in April (as his partner or opponent). So I'm left with Orton and Ziggler. Barring any suprising returns (Jericho, John Morrison, etc), my prediction for the WHC match at Mania:

Dolph Ziggler (C) vs. Randy Orton

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

There are a couple of scenarios you didn't mention which would be possible.

Dolph cashing in on Mania night, that seems pretty show off to me.

Dolph announces he will cash in at EC, after the chamber match, you could have his Mania opponent win the chamber then lose to him straight away, it wouldnt really be a face move as he is basically saying I'm going to screw over the winner.

Blog Entries
    I feel Randy and Del Rio enter into WM facing each other a face vs face where Del Rio will win cleanly for the first time against Randy Orton n that makes Randy angry and he punt Kicks Del Rio (I guess they'll allow it for night) officially turning Randy a heel and Dolph Cashes it on Del Rio to walk out WM as new World Heavy Weight Champion...

I want to see a Dolph vs Del Rio feud...n I'm liking this Baby face Del Rio more than Heel Del Rio...

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    My idea
    Del Rio beats Show by countout at Rumble
    Show claims Del Rio hasnt pinned him or made him submit to hold the title so he gets another match at e.chamber(singles match)
    Show wins the match and the title when the sheild get invlolved and cost del rio the title claiming the injustice is that a mexican cant be the champion.
    There is then a no1 cont chamber match for mania.(becasue cena won the rumble and has already chosen the wwe title)
    Its Orton vs Sheamus vs Barrett vs Cesaro vs Mysterio vs Sin Cara who have all won qualifying matches.But on the raw before sheidl take out mysterio and sin cara but again.Ryback however gets his revenge on the shield on the next few weeks.Ziggler begs Booker T to put him in the chamber match and he does then Ryback is revealed at the PPV as the last competitor and he starts the match off with Ziggler.Ryback then lastly eliminates Ziggler to win the chamber match including Orton,sheamus,cesaro & barrett. Ryback beats Big Show at mania only for Brad Maddox to low blow Ryback after the match and Big Show to knock him out.Then Ziggler cashes in and wins at Mania! Del Rio,Mysterio and Sin Cara lose to the sheild in a 6 man tag match.

What im predicting is a possible sheamus rumble win again and then Orton winning the title in the chamber to set up Sheamus vs Orton WHC.I dont want to see that match for the title but would like to see a mania fued between them which seems to be already started being set up on TV.

A very interesting read thank you for that.

Realistically the only two scenarios i see making sense right now is for Dolph to either A) cash in after the EC match for the World Heavyweight Championship or B) cash it in at WM and really boost his Show-off gimmick.

I am seriously thinking option B will be what happens and if it does there is no better place for him to do it.

like you said it's babyface to announce when your going to cash in, But I would love to see Ziggler come out and say, 'I want my WM to be winning the WHC,' I'm getting bored of the attempt cash ins from Heels and out of the blue. I think it would give Zigger more cred to say when and where is is going to do it and then win the title.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

Quote Originally Posted by TNA 'The very best' View Post
    like you said it's babyface to announce when your going to cash in, But I would love to see Ziggler come out and say, 'I want my WM to be winning the WHC,' I'm getting bored of the attempt cash ins from Heels and out of the blue. I think it would give Zigger more cred to say when and where is is going to do it and then win the title.
    Totally agree man. It would be awesome if he called his shot. Also, while it would be babyface, it still KINDA fits Ziggler's character - ultra cocky, confident heel. Chances are, with a passionate wrestling crowd at Wrestlemania (as opposed to casual fans), Ziggler will be getting big cheers whether he enters as a "good guy" or a "bad guy". They might as well let him do something memorable and effing awesome, steal the show.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    A very interesting read thank you for that.

Realistically the only two scenarios i see making sense right now is for Dolph to either A) cash in after the EC match for the World Heavyweight Championship or B) cash it in at WM and really boost his Show-off gimmick.

I am seriously thinking option B will be what happens and if it does there is no better place for him to do it.
    ^^^^
    My guess as well.
    Haiters gonna Haite ^^

@Jelle1809 Your Streak vs Streak picture in your sig is FUCKING AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    Totally agree man. It would be awesome if he called his shot. Also, while it would be babyface, it still KINDA fits Ziggler's character - ultra cocky, confident heel. Chances are, with a passionate wrestling crowd at Wrestlemania (as opposed to casual fans), Ziggler will be getting big cheers whether he enters as a "good guy" or a "bad guy". They might as well let him do something memorable and effing awesome, steal the show.
    I really want to see him do this, Even further out there I would love to see him win the RR and go for the title and then say he is cashing in the MITB in the same night, Wins both, keeps both for a while- Dreaming.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her