Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

how can anybody like 2chains or lil wayne

I was on youtube the other day and came across a bunch of music videos of 2chains and lil wayne. As a rap fan it pisses me off when i hear stupid rap songs that dont make any sense. Where nothing even rhymes and they dont even speak actual words. Then i looked at a comment that read about how lil wayne is better than tupac or 2pac because hes got alot of money and hes mainstream.

Sorry if you dont like rap, but its just makes me claw my head thinking people would actually say something like that. 2pac's music actually had meaning and wasnt about money or chicks. He would rap about actual problems in our society like rape, murder and drugs or poverty. And his lyrics/rhymes are some of the best and even better than someone like johnny cash(mad love to cash).

unlike rappers like lil wayne, 2 chains, drake ect. 2pac would actually put poetry and pages and pages of poetry.
    And im not just saying 2pac is the only good rapper, there are others that actually put real poetry and emotion into their songs.

Also this stuff in modern day rap like money and ''swag'' is so stupid. Especially the money part, people like 2pac actually used their money for beter purposes as he used his money to build a free art school and would make charity/fund raiser concerts for poverty.

Same with Immortal technique, he used his money off of an album to donate to 3rd world countries for schools and farms to be built.

I dont wanna go on a whole charade here, but i just wanted to say; dont you hate the popular music world now. As all the artists like lil wayne, 2 chains, drake, rihhanna, nikki minaj. I once heard that rihhanna said her music was too deep...Hey NA NA WHATS MY NAME... so deep.

Im talking more about rap, im not sure if rock or country are like this too, where the shity artist are always the poster boys like john cena is in wrestling, and the actual legit artist are never promoted or showcase like tyson kidd is in WWE.

Blog Entries
    I agree! Today's rap music just isn't that great and why it's put on the radio is beyond me. But for every 2Chainz we have a Lupe Fiasco though. You just need to turn off the radio forget about mainstream success and find the good music worth listening to and support said artist. Overall I agree with you though
    HolyJose
    JBW WARFare World Television Champion-1 time
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 Time
    First Dual Champion in JBW History
    Alpha Revolution North American Heavyweight Champion-1 time
    EWNCW Blacklist Champions-1 Time
    JBW Champion-1 Time

Azrael
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 time
    EWNCW Blacklist Champions-1 Time

Blog Entries
    I have some points of agree with you, and some major points of contention. The first points will be where I agree... The second segment will be where I disagree

I agree that artists like tupac had much more thoughts behind their lyrics. Tupac is arguably the greatest rapper of all time, anyone who argued that someone like Rihanna had more thought behind her songs than Tupac is trolling. I remember growing up as a child with older siblings who adored artists like Tupac for his rhyme schemes, and the overall imagery of his music. I have heard a lot of music from the artists that you were talking about being considered great artists of today and you are correct to say that Tupac is obviously a better pure rapper than them. As an adult I can even start to realize how hard it must of been to put such thought into his words, plus put such a great meter behind those thoughts. I have much respect for any artist who can do that.

Here is where I disagree with you. You shouldn't get on here and say an entire genre of music has now become stupid. Me and another member have been talking about how people tend to talk about music that tends to be considered "mainstream" and we both agree that others tend to put a negative connotation behind it. The problem with that is they tend to not realize the validity that this people have for them and get angered that their favorite artist isn't as popular. Rihanna does have songs that mean alot, I would argue that songs like I love the way you lie have as much meaning as pretty much any song of that genre for the year it was released. There is no reason to attack her or any other artist for being mainstream, because you want your favorite artists to be mainstream. Any fan who wants his favorite artists to not be apart of the mainstream is kind of a jerk and likely a hipster. Also I wouldn't take anything people say on youtube too seriously. Some people on youtube still think it's cool to troll videos which leads you to believe that they are idiot, when they are just acting like one. I guess my main point of contention could be summarized as such, you shouldn't attack an artist in the mainstream in order to make your favorite artist more valid. I really enjoy bands like the lumineers but I don't attack other bands like nickelback and say that the lumineers should take their spot... I will say that nickelback sucks, and they just write sexual innuendos in order to get paid... but that's an attack at the band... and not attacking people who like the band.

Side-notes... though Tupac is no longer mainstream, I'm pretty sure one could make a pretty good case to say he was at least once in the mainstream. Also I wouldn't compare two artists of such quality and say one was better than another as you did with Johnny Cash and Tupac.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    I agree a little a little with what you're saying. But you do come of as a bitter Tupac fanboy that needs to stop living in the past and broaden their horizon.

Tupac is the greatest rapper ever and he did make meaningful songs about society and poverty but he was bi-polar rapper who made songs about killing people, living the gangster life etc... hardly the ideal role model.
    Tupac was also one of the first to wear High-end fashion (Versace man) in rap, so much for the 'swag' thing. I ain't criticizing your hero but musics changed, times changed, some of the mainstream music is actually good stuff. Early Lil Wayne days and I don't get all this hate Drake gets, the guy has genuinely good songs but that's just me I guess. Lol

Blog Entries
    And you know sometimes music can just be fun good music, it doesn't always need to have a meaning behind it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    And you know sometimes music can just be fun good music, it doesn't always need to have a meaning behind it.
    That's true. I know great artists who have released songs that they pretty much say that the song that they released has little to no meaning behind it.
    #BeJelly

Then I'm guessing you don't like "Bands A Make Her Dance" ?

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    Then I'm guessing you don't like "Bands A Make Her Dance" ?
    Is that song meant to be liked? I thought they were actively trying to make teh worst song possible.

I'm normally pretty open minded about music but I'm at a complete loss as to why anyone likes 2chains. His voice is annoying, he has no flow, his lyrics sound like they were written but a 12 year old, I can't find anything redeeming about his performances in any song he's been in. It doesn't help that he's always in songs with people who suck just as much as him.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    Is that song meant to be liked? I thought they were actively trying to make teh worst song possible.

I'm normally pretty open minded about music but I'm at a complete loss as to why anyone likes 2chains. His voice is annoying, he has no flow, his lyrics sound like they were written but a 12 year old, I can't find anything redeeming about his performances in any song he's been in. It doesn't help that he's always in songs with people who suck just as much as him.
    The chorus is ridiculous awesome and catchy as hell,There's a reason though I left out who sings it/features on it...All I can really remember is "Hair long like Nia Long." "What's yar real name? and Not your stripper name?" and "2 Chainz,Four bracelets."

This is a good one though,maybe its the chorus...

Yes his name wasn't always 2 Chainz for anyone curious lol...That's from when used to be featured with John,Scrappy,Youngbloodz,Ludacris, alot.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

How anyone can listen to ANY of that Rap and Hippity Hop shite is beyond me.

Rap is like scissors. It always loses to rock.