Blog Entries

Exclamation UFC on FX 7: Results/Standings!

Last night was a good night of fighting action from Brazil and four men were awarded post-fight bonuses on Saturday night at UFC on FX 7, as Vitor Belfort,Ildemar Alcantara, C.B. Dollaway and Daniel Sarafian each pocketed an extra $50,000.
    Belfort earned “Knockout of the Night” honors for his second-round stoppage ofMichael Bisping in the evening’s main event, and Alcantara took home “Submission of the Night” for his kneebar finish of Brazilian countryman Wagner Prado. Co-headliners Dollaway and Sarafian saw their three-round middleweight showdown dubbed “Fight of the Night”. Despite delivering exciting and impressive action on the main card, UFC On FX 7 was not without it's share of controversy. Specifically, referee Dan Miragliotta flubbed more than one call on the fights he was chosen to officiate. UFC president Dana White was following along with what has transpired at UFC On FX: Belfort Vs. Bisping Saturday night. Specifically, White was very outspoken towards referee Dan Miragliotta, who made a pair of calls that were much talked about on Twitter. White took to his account to let his feeling be known, as well.

@danawhite
    That was BS!!! Pedro is an award winning actor and horrible call by Dan M

19 Jan 13
    White's messages were in reference to Miragliotta's decision to call a bout between Yuri Alcantara and Pedro Nobre a no-contest after saying Alcantara hit Nobre in the back of the head. Nobre laid on the mat for several minutes, citing the illegal strike. Replays showed that the strikes landed clean, but the fight was still declared a "no contest." While Alcantara's record will always show the NC, the UFC chose to reward him his win bonus because of the circumstances. The second was concerning the late stoppage in the Khabib Nurmagomedov-Thiago Tavares contest.

@danawhite
    Ok that is officially the END of Dan M!!!! Guys head is straight up his ass 2 night!!!! 17 vicious strikes!!!! After he was already hurt

19 Jan 13
    Nurmagomedov unloaded on Tavares with several uncontested strikes before Miragliotta finally waved it off. As for the rest of the fight card, lets take a look at the results:

MAIN CARD (FX)

Vitor Belfort def. Michael Bisping via TKO (strikes) at 1:27 of Rd 2

C.B. Dollaway def. Daniel Sarafian via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Gabriel Gonzaga def. Ben Rothwell via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:01 of Rd 2

Khabib Nurmagomedov def. Thiago Tavares via KO (elbows) at 1:55 of Rd 1

PRELIMINARY CARD (Fuel TV)

Godofredo Castro def. Milton Vieira via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)

Ronny Markes def. Andrew Craig via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Nik Lentz def. Diego Nunes via unanimous decision (30-28, 30-27, 30-26)

Edson Barboza def. Lucas Martins via submission due to (strikes) at 2:38 of Rd 1

Yuri Alcantara and Pedro Nobre fight to a no-contest

Ildemar Alcantara def. Wagner Prado via submission (kneebar) at 2:39 of Rd 2

Francisco Trinaldo def. C.J. Keith via submission (head-and-arm choke) at 1:50 of Rd 2

Bonus Question Answers:

1. Fight of the Night = C. B. Dollaway vs. Daniel Sarafian
    2. Submission of the Night = Ildemar Alcantara
    3. KO of the Night = Vitor Belfort
    4. Total Take-Downs during Main Event = 0
    -----------------------------------
    Contest Results:

cy1911 = 365 pts
    Dr. Death = 337 pts
    trips = 299 pts
    Robstar = 258 pts
    FLWWEFan = 216 pts
    Destruction = 203 pts
    magglis = 200 pts
    akbar = 171 pts
    DRG = 156 pts
    ------------------------------------

Congratulations cy1911 for the win!! Nobody received any pts for the NC bout, and none of us got any bonus questions right. Since this was the first contest under our new scoring system, please feel free to add up your own scores. If you feel that I got your score wrong just PM me and I'll take another look at it. Our next contest will be:

UFC on FOX 6: Johnson vs. Dodson
    Date: January 26, 2013
    Venue: United Center
    Broadcast: FOX, FX, Facebook

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    LOL At least I beat DRG.

yay!! starting off the year right!
    my tyme

cm punk pledge member 7/16/11

Blog Entries
    Woot! Got some solid points for that! Nice work cy1911, congrats!

When I saw that KO in the main event I knew it was going to be KO of the night - after tipping winner, round and method in the main event I'm really regretting not picking that one for sure! Oh well.

Dr.Death, just wanted to clear something up - if there is a bonus for picking 2 out of 3 for a fight, is there anything for 3 out of 3? Or does the bonus for method of win count as that?

thanks robstar!
    my tyme

cm punk pledge member 7/16/11

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Woot! Got some solid points for that! Nice work cy1911, congrats!

When I saw that KO in the main event I knew it was going to be KO of the night - after tipping winner, round and method in the main event I'm really regretting not picking that one for sure! Oh well.

Dr.Death, just wanted to clear something up - if there is a bonus for picking 2 out of 3 for a fight, is there anything for 3 out of 3? Or does the bonus for method of win count as that?
    The bonus for method of win counts.

Ronda Rousey

i'm totally up for this next time

THE FINAL FIST BUMP!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hey Bear...Rehmix called... He wants his everything back.

Malcolm Cage
    "Primetime" AJ Dixon
    EWNCW ~ IWA ~ APW

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehmix View Post
    i'm totally up for this next time
    Cool, the more - the merrier.

Ronda Rousey