Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My idea for WWE championship hierarchy

I had this idea recently and something I posted in another thread reminded me about it, so I'll post it here.

I think the WWE needs an additional title (or two) to help spotlight some of their deserving talent. One of the main changes comes near the top, by adding a 'World Lightweight Championship'. This would literally be for guys UP TO 230 or even maybe 240lbs. My idea is that guys like Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, and many others who are deserving of being main event title holders, could hold this title. This title would be literally ON PAR with the World Heavyweight Championship which would naturally be for everyone OVER the Lightweight cutoff, so guys like Sheamus, Cena, Big Show, Wade Barrett, Ryback, etc. The top title, the WWE Championship, would not have any weight requirements, so anybody could hold it. This could provide some great opportunities for the current 'Top Wrestler' in WWE to potentially hold both the WWE Championship AND the World Championship for their respective weight group. So imagine, CM Punk would hold both the World Lightweight Championship AND WWE Championship at once (no more undisputed or unified titles though).

Then... continue pushing the Intercontinental Championship back up to its glory days (think Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, The Rock for example) and have it JUST underneath the World Titles. Once again, this could present opportunities for someone to have both the world AND IC title at the same time perhaps. Lots of possibilities and storylines could develop from this setup. The WWE is doing a great job of this right now actually with Wade Barett (his recent clean win over Randy Orton brought some major props to the IC title).

Push the US title up to the prestige-level of where the IC title has been in recent years. No more joke wrestlers holding it. The US title has some rich history in WCW and deserves a little more respect in my opinion.

And finally... bring back the Hardcore Division and a REAL hardcore title belt (not that joke belt they had back in the day). I'd also like if the hardcore division could get main-event opportunities here and there. It could be a great opportunity to have Ladder Matches or other extreme-rules bouts. I'd like to see maybe the ECW title brought back as the hardcore championship (the look of it was nice).

Finally... change the stupid tag belts. They look retarded. Just do what was done with the IC belt and bring back the classic look. Some things need not be changed.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by BostonAdam; 01-18-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    I like the concept.
    I hate weight devision in wrestling though.
    I'd have WWE merge the World and WWE Championships to make "The Undisputed WWE Heavyweight Champion Of The World".
    I'd use this belt design as somewhere to start with the design, but obviously make it look a lot more detailed and smoother. http://topropebelts.com/gallery/clas...tyle-big-gold/

With one major championship for the main eventers to battle over that would boost both the ICT and US belts as the 2nd and 3rd championships to feud over.

As for the penny tag titles, I like them. I'd change them slightly; so they're gold instead of bronze and I'd shape them like the old WCW Tag Team championships.

I wouldn't bring back the hardcore championship. I was what it was. I'm not saying never, maybe in 10 years when we're done with this PG era.

One way of having your World Light Heavyeight Championship is to have a 1 hour a week show with just cruiserweights and the focal point of the show is the World Light Heavyweight/ Cruiserweight Championship.

Also, I really hate the design of the NXT Championship. Looks how awesome the OVW Championship looks: http://topropebelts.com/wp-content/u...-2-810x400.jpg I wish the NXT strap would look like this!
    LONG LIVE ROCK 'N' ROLL!

I want less titles, because less titles make the title more prestigous because its harder to be a champion with more competetion.

Nowadays creative seems to be too lazy to actually build up storylines without a title or something else being on the line. How about 2 people who just hate each other.

I think more titles will water down the titles they currently have, even more then they are now with the exception of the 2 big ones.

I don't know why people always measure one success nowadays with title reigns. Jake the Snake, Paul Orndorff, Bundy, Studd etc etc all legends and drew hard with no WWE titles. Andre, Piper, limited WWE title reigns.

But your idea would prob work for people who love to see a lot of title matches and everyone having a belt. I personally like champions to be rare, reigns to be long and seeing the champ on TV a privileged event and not just something to fight over because no one can build a storyline.

And I agree. I don't like the way the tag team belts look.
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 01-18-2013 at 03:35 PM.

I want less titles, personally.

Well, actually the current number would be fine if they reinforced the brand split but right now there's no point in having 2 main event champions and 2 mid card champions. It just doesn't make any sense.

I like the way it is now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyKong View Post
    I want less titles, personally.

Well, actually the current number would be fine if they reinforced the brand split but right now there's no point in having 2 main event champions and 2 mid card champions. It just doesn't make any sense.

That's why I'd like to see them merge the wwe and world titles. Unless they do another brand split.
    LONG LIVE ROCK 'N' ROLL!

I'm mainly against having two World championships and two main brands. They literally have the same people appearing on both shows and they aren't really showcasing many other people from what I saw from the last SD! I watched. So my vote would be on having 1 big show and less championships. Of course my opinion might be very unpopular with the whole show thing.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamModest

The only way the Intercontinental Championship will be able to get back to the prestige of its glory days is if there was only one major title. The IC Title should be the #2 belt in the company.

- There should be ONE major title
    - One upper midcard title
    - One lower midcard title
    - One (or two) "gimmick titles" (i.e. Hardcore, Lightweight). Generally for the midcard, but every once in a while, the main eventers get a run.

please please please work a lightweight title back in the mix where Kidd, Gabriel, Mysterio, Sin Cara, Primo, Epico, Hunico, Tatsu, Darren Young, Bourne, Jinder and even the likes of Ryder, Santino, and Slater would work well. Shit least your not just paying em for house shows.

Lets not forget the the level of talent that was allowed to rise form the last great rendition that WCW put forward.Its quite possible that the Jericho, Guerrero, Benoit, Malenkos of the world never woulda made it, if not for that chance where they got to steal the spotlight night in and out on National TV, simply the only reason i watched WCW on a consistent basis and yes i'm leaving out names on both ends but let the little man work especially when they can top the technical food chain and Oh shit i almost forget Bryan and tho i'm not a fan already he is above it but would own it.

Vince i'll take my check retro status but fuck i hope you steal this gem
    Last edited by Savagecabbage; 01-19-2013 at 05:18 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Blog Entries
    I don't like it personally. There should be one major championship that all main eventers go for. I much prefer having one main event scene than including weight divisions. I agree with you on pushing the IC title to what it used to be. Get rid of Money in the Bank. The IC title should be what superstars use to elevate themselves to the main event and in my opinion MITB takes away from this. Leave the US title for mid card talents who need more of a push before being considered for the main event. I don't see how the Hardcore title would work in the PG era.

If anything, bring back the Cruiserweight title for the high flyers like before, but i definitely wouldn't have main eventers going for this belt.
    Last edited by KingWade; 01-19-2013 at 05:50 AM.