Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    Mike Mizanin has been calling himself "The Miz" for 12 years. It's his stage name.

And no offense, but by your logic:

Dwayne Johnson should stop referring to himself in third person as an inanimate object
    Adam Copeland should've never named himself after a line connecting forward points
    Jason Reso shouldn't be calling himself a person of a certain religion.
    Mark Calloway shouldn't refer to himself as a mortician or a corpse.
    WWE did Adam Copeland a favour by making him drop the name Edge. And yes, it's time we did away with all these stupid character names....this ain't comic books fellas....though I'm sure that's what you can most directly relate to. You know why Dwayne stopped calling himself The Rock in Hollywood? Because it's a goddamn stupid name that's why. REAL people in the REAL world can't take people seriously when they represent themselves like some fucking clown.

Color me somewhat surprised that news of Flair handing the figure-four to Miz didn't cause the internets to collapse unto themselves like a dying star.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Color me somewhat surprised that news of Flair handing the figure-four to Miz didn't cause the internets to collapse unto themselves like a dying star.
    You've said it yourself, how spectacularly underwhelming you find Miz as a face. You don't think hanging with the Miz sort of tarnishes Flair? I'd have thought they want to bring Flair back strong, not bog him down with Midcard Miz.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You've said it yourself, how spectacularly underwhelming you find Miz as a face. You don't think hanging with the Miz sort of tarnishes Flair? I'd have thought they want to bring Flair back strong, not bog him down with Midcard Miz.
    Considering everything Flair has already done to tarnish his legacy, hanging out with Miz is a step up.

It admittedly doesn't mean much....but still.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Considering everything Flair has already done to tarnish his legacy, hanging out with Miz is a step up.

It admittedly doesn't mean much....but still.
    All I'm saying is if WWE actually want to USE Flair in any capacity where the fans are going to respect him and regard him as anything more than a marionette of Flair catchphrases and mannerisms, they're going the wrong way about it. Even his associations in TNA were better.

I see a lot of you saying Miz is better as a heel. Most people are better as heels. Heels say and do shocking things and are entertaining.

Now with that being said, lets look at the facts. The WWE needs faces. That's why they turned ADR also. They're too many heels. Some more heels are going to be switched up to faces soon IMO. Especially if they turn Orton or anyone else heel.

It's a business decision to even out the face to heel ratio for more and fresh story lines.
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 01-18-2013 at 02:49 PM.

I'm agreeing with Bodom on this one Flair ruined himself he has whored himself to any promotion that will have him for a lot of money of course.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    I'm agreeing with Bodom on this one Flair ruined himself he has whored himself to any promotion that will have him for a lot of money of course.
    Yeah any promotion.....there was TNA....and I think that appearance in Japan, so.......yeah that's all of them!

So what, we just give up on Flair now? Just throw the towel in now on him? God knows we should have by now but for some reason, he still hangs around. Oh that's right - the mortgage, the ex-wives, the no money thing.....

I'm reading Flair bashing....huh.

I can totally understand why some are pissed at him. I mean he had a great retirement send off in the WWE, then went to TNA and wrestled and that seemed disrespectful and disingenuous. I thought it was. It rubbed me the wrong way too, believe you me. It'd be the same way with HBK if he went to TNA and wrestled. Unless the storyline goes the Taker who retired lets him come back. I'd be okay with that then.

But here's the thing for me personally. Ric Flair is a legend of legends. He's a little higher up on the mountain than a lot of other legends and his heights are shared by very very few. Is he perfect? No.

Just like Hogan pisses me off in TNA with some of his decisions storylines etc, he is still Hulk Hogan one of the greatest ever. His face is always welcome.

Maybe it sounds hypocritical because I'm always bitching about TNA or WWE using or bringing back old talent while not pushing their own young guys, but it's hard to explain I guess to someone who didn't live through the Hogan Flair era. To me there's a clear difference between Jeff Hardy, RVD etc to Flair and Hogan. And that difference is that they are not even in the same league IMO.

This will get some heat.
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 01-18-2013 at 03:09 PM.

you are correct Playboy with Hardy/RVD and a lot of other wrestlers not being in Hogans and Flairs league. During their active wrestling careers there is a reason they always held the belt, or wrestled for the belts. They connected with the fans, markertability, they were worrkhorses(flair more so). Were they the best wrestlers ever? Hell no, but they sold out arenas, brought in the ratings(hogan more so). And today about the only one out there that is in their league-(actively wrestling)-Cena. And as with Flair and Hogan, there are a lot of wrestlers much better than Cena) Flair in TNA did not bother me until they had him wrestling, it was disrespectful and tarnished his legacy a bit. His role now should be mentoring or managing. MIZ doesn't need him though but there is a very deep roster of talent, up and coming that they could stick him with- Richie Steamboat, Joe Henning, Bo Rotundo etc.

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young