Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "Strap"

Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    A lot of solid points there man.

I've also noticed a trend in feuds these past few years that bothers me. 2 guys in a feud, in my opinion, should not fight every week. Let them fight other people, and the guy they are feuding with interrupt, or talk shit on the Titantron.

For example, Ziggler and Cena seem to fight EVERY week. Shouldn't the PPVs be a culmination of events, the big violent physical encounter thats been building for weeks? Kofi and Wade fought every week, that was their IC feud. Team Hell No and Rhode Scholars seem to have been fighting for months. They just recycle who fights who, or the format. I'd much rather see Rhode Scholars beat up on Santino and Ryder, grab a mic and say, "Hey Team Hell No. This will be you at the PPV." It also allows for more of the roster to get some well-deserved matches, while moving feuds further. Just a thought.
    Let them fight every week for me BUT dont do it all the ring lol, As you see let them fight others then have run ins at end of matches, Or back stage segments, parking lot brawls etc...... I mean what you more likely to remember, cena and dolph every week or Stone Cold and booker T fighting in a super market lol,

They add some aggression to a feud, make it a real grudge match, This stuff as been missing since edge left
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Bastard........
    Did you just troll me? That's so not cool man!

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Well, when you put it that way, I can see where you're coming from now. Yeah, it's gotten pretty bad when the common mindset appears that anyone who can execute a sunset flip is automatically a contender for a world title. Gabriel? Bourne? Really people? You want THEM as your champions? And about wrestlers not needing titles for recognition, that only works for people who can survive in their own niche. Piper really didn't need a world title because of how insanely popular he was. For others, like Ziggler, a world title is the might be the only difference between the ultimate prominence and the permanent label as a "never was". Who wants that?
    Surely this comes down to finding that niche though, Nobody is going to hand them something......Ryder did it, He made something Vince can never take away from him, Ryder made Ryder, none of this Vince built Hogan, Stone Cold or cena.....same with Miz he earnt his way into wwe against all odds,

We shouldnt just be satisfied with title runs, we should be wanting the next guys to stand up and make there own name, Im a big Mr Anderson when he was Kennedy, Miz and Ryder fan, title or not they want to entertain the fans and do something differant, not just talk crap and wrestle
    Bastard........

hmmm a couple of things, i don't always cheer for the best worker IN THE RING, i cheer for the character i like, if someone is great on the mic and horrible in the ring i won't like them likewise if they are great in the ring but crap on the mic... sorry not going for that either. I also really dig it when a wrestler can make something that should have fallen flat on their face work (Ryback comes to mind, as does the Joseph Parks character in TNA). as for the strap... it's a tool and a badge... it's the WWE version of getting employee of the month. i want my favs to get employee of the month, as far as non-title fueds, i agree more attention needs to be paid to them but right now we have a lot fo people who aren't long history wrestling fans watching so the use the championship as a focus... as the cena kids grow up it will get rauncier and more intricate, then when they have kids it's will tone down again.
    just because i didn't agree doesn't mean i didn't listen, it just means you were wrong. Now go away please.

my question is, why is it the same ppl claiming the rock winning would send the wrong message, also want punk vs. taker for the belt. one would think it would send the same message if taker won. he is there for 2-3 months. oh yea and you can not say taker never left us, he does every year.
    Last edited by silos521; 01-17-2013 at 12:22 PM.

It's because nowadays, which started in the AE with kids that grew up in that era, are title belt match spoiled. They measure ones success with the titles they have won. No title match equals not as exciting for them even if the match was great. But the funny thing is not every title. Only the big ones. Mid card titles don't count as much. I've seen this and heard it, so I'm just not judging and talking out of my ass. My son and his friends are like this now.

Old man rant- In my day it was epic if you won any title and they switched hands rarely. They still sold out arenas without their being a title on the line. Just good long storylines and grudge matches. Such as Sgt Slaughter vs The Iron Sheik, Roddy Piper vs Paul Orndorff, Big John Studd vs Andre, Von Erichs vs Freebirds, Jimmy Valiant vs Paul Jones Army, Devastation Inc vs Von Erichs, Jake Roberts vs Rick Rude...etc etc etc. You were lucky to have a title match once of month or even see the champ on a show. The champ being on a show was special.

Back then you didn't need a title, just two guys that hated each other. There was no hot potato title reigns. When you were champ, you had a long reign in most cases.
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 01-17-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Tyson Kidd - excellent in ring, meh promo skills would work seven days a week if WWE left him. - Will never be WWE Champion.

The Rock - Alright in ring skills, excellent promo skills, appears every other full moon - Next WWE Champion?

Shows to the rest of the roster that it doesn't matter how hard you work its how well you are known.

Personally i think it can add a freshness to the show, when someone who hasnt held a belt or hasnt had it for a long time gets a run with it, it opens up a few new possablities for new feuds or adds something differnet to exsisiting feuds

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MattElder View Post
    OK, what it is the obsession with the IWC and wrestlers winning titles? Anymany times have we read Bryan should win the big one.......Rock shouldnt win the strap, Ziggles for champ..... and so on and so on!!! WHAT DIFFERANCE DOES IT MAKE????????!!!!! Surely all we want is for a entertaining storyline, something to have us on the dge of our seats....and only on a few occasions does the strap increase the creditability of a storyline.... Wrestlers success arent based on the titles won but how over they are as talents. Thoughts?
    That's what I felt and still do about Kane and Daniel Bryan holding the tag belts. I don't see the point. Both guys are high profile enough that their storyline isn't going to be elevated in interest if they hold the titles and really, the argument some people were putting forth that having these guys with the belts raised the "prestige" of them. This whole "prestige" line is a bunch of bullshit anyway - a titles value is what the fans give it - not the guys holding it! So the Colons hold them and no one gives a shit - that's the fans doing! Yet the fans continue to lay that responsibility off onto the guys holding them. It's a completely backwards way of looking at it. Fans want to say "oh they're not interesting" and fair enough if you're not interested in them but take some responsibility for it and admit that your expectations about what interests you is all out of whack. Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

I was watching Cena vs Ziggler and Cena is a prime example of a wrestler not needing a title. It's wasted on him, frankly. CM Punk too, he doesn't need it although he's definitely interesting as champ.

That's what I felt and still do about Kane and Daniel Bryan holding the tag belts. I don't see the point. Both guys are high profile enough that their storyline isn't going to be elevated in interest if they hold the titles and really, the argument some people were putting forth that having these guys with the belts raised the "prestige" of them. This whole "prestige" line is a bunch of bullshit anyway - a titles value is what the fans give it - not the guys holding it! So the Colons hold them and no one gives a shit - that's the fans doing! Yet the fans continue to lay that responsibility off onto the guys holding them. It's a completely backwards way of looking at it. Fans want to say "oh they're not interesting" and fair enough if you're not interested in them but take some responsibility for it and admit that your expectations about what interests you is all out of whack. Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

I was watching Cena vs Ziggler and Cena is a prime example of a wrestler not needing a title. It's wasted on him, frankly. CM Punk too, he doesn't need it although he's definitely interesting as champ.
    Look @ Jericho, it didnt do him any arm in holding the inter cont after being in main evenet and big slow with us title, Its all myth and bullshit and your right it is down to the fans
    Bastard........

Blog Entries
    I get what you mean and i guess it doesn't really matter. It's just the fan inside us wanting our favourites to be recognised as the best. It's that simple.