Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by TNA 'The very best' View Post
    This might be the stupidest thing I have read on this site, They are Legendary because of what they did in that era. Just like Cena/Orton etc, who are in their prime now, will be seen as Legends in their own right in 10/15 years time.
    If that was the most stupid comment you've seen of this site it was short lived because you sir topped it, Putting Cena and Orton in same category as those guys? Cena and Orton have exceled in a lack lustre roster.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDominate99 View Post
    People say that the storylines in the AE were better but that is because back then you wouldn't go on an Wrestling site to read spoilers.

Example: The Rock winning the title of Mankind Survivor Series - No one knew he was with Vince

Royal Rumble Punk v Rock - how long did we know this was going to happen?
    Yes!!!!!!!! There are few suprises, We all crave a mark out moment...truth is they still happen, we just read about them first
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Bastard........
    Did you just troll me? That's so not cool man!

Attitude Era for storylines.

Indy wrestling today for actual wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    Okay, I'm not going to bash any era, because they were all good in certain aspects. I've lived through 3 eras: Rock n Wrestling, AE and PG. I've always been biased because of fond childhood memories to the RW era, where they were less than PG rated, but had legends we all still talk about and rank in the top five of all time, most of the time...Hogan, Flair, Savage, Andre, even Heenan.

Now with that being said and admitting my biased upfront there's nobody that can convince me personally that the AE wasn't the best era, because it was IMO.

In the RW era and also in todays PE era one took their share of shit admitting that they are wrestling fans. You've all heard it "its fake" "why do watch that fake crap" "what are you 8yrs old"

Now when the AE was going it was shock TV and it was suddenly a shock to me that it was cool to be a wrestling fan. People were coming out of the closet and admitting with no shame that they liked wrestling. Even in professional settings people were using lines like "It doesn't matter who you are" "and that's the bottom line because stone cold said so" "and if you're not down with that, we got to words for ya" People were doing NWO two fingers touching other fingers..."just too sweeeeeeet!" They were doing the DDP bang. Saying "big poppa pump is your hook up." etc etc etc....It was more than mainstream pop culture. It was in style. The AE did that. Best era ever IMO. No other era I've seen has had that much impact on everyday society.
    ^^^Just this ^^^

Sure kids at school still like it now but it tends to be more younger children. When we were 15 we used to watch it without fail, Raw and SD and it was cool. practically EVERYONE liked it and everyone at least knew of it, particularly stone cold and the rock. we all used to play wrestle with each other at break and lunch and people didnt just wanna be stone cold and the rock, people people loved the mid-carders too like godfather, E&C, gangrel etc. this is because they may not have been at good in ring as some of todays mid-carders, they were characters but, unlike in the early nineties they were cool characters, not cartoony neon wearing characters.

Blog Entries
    Someone said it's like comparing apples and oranges. I think it's more like comparing Baywatch Pamela Anderson to Pammy today. She/wrestling is still bangable/watchable - but she/it was certainly more palatable back then. Back then it was like "YEAH! ALRIGHT!!!" now it's like, "Yeah......alright". Because essentially it's the same thing but older and with more conditions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Attitude Era for storylines.

Indy wrestling today for actual wrestling.
    What's "actual wrestling"? I think you mean "spots"

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    Okay, I'm not going to bash any era, because they were all good in certain aspects. I've lived through 3 eras: Rock n Wrestling, AE and PG. I've always been biased because of fond childhood memories to the RW era, where they were less than PG rated, but had legends we all still talk about and rank in the top five of all time, most of the time...Hogan, Flair, Savage, Andre, even Heenan.

Now with that being said and admitting my biased upfront there's nobody that can convince me personally that the AE wasn't the best era, because it was IMO.

In the RW era and also in todays PE era one took their share of shit admitting that they are wrestling fans. You've all heard it "its fake" "why do watch that fake crap" "what are you 8yrs old"

Now when the AE was going it was shock TV and it was suddenly a shock to me that it was cool to be a wrestling fan. People were coming out of the closet and admitting with no shame that they liked wrestling. Even in professional settings people were using lines like "It doesn't matter who you are" "and that's the bottom line because stone cold said so" "and if you're not down with that, we got to words for ya" People were doing NWO two fingers touching other fingers..."just too sweeeeeeet!" They were doing the DDP bang. Saying "big poppa pump is your hook up." etc etc etc....It was more than mainstream pop culture. It was in style. The AE did that. Best era ever IMO. No other era I've seen has had that much impact on everyday society.
    Can't help but agree with every word of this post. Later 80s/Early 90s were my favorite because that's what I grew up with, but I really think pro wrestling peaked at the Attitude Era. The Monday Night Wars were huge, the competition was driven and they had no choice but to try and be ground-breaking every week.
    I'm the Miz...and I'm.........................moderate

Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    Yet all you will hear is that in Cena and Orton's prime, all WWE would repeatedly mention was The Rock and Stone Cold. They wont ever come close to the legends of the four guys he mentioned because they never even touched 9.0 ratings etc Those four are freaks in the sense that they all came along at the same time. They had so many fans of the product back then, that they are well known names, even to people who don't watch wrestling! People STILL know Hulk Hogan! Hardly anybody knows who John Cena is in comparison.
    Get David off your sig. From this comment, you made your self look like a retard.

I see a difference in crowd reaction. Guys who thrived in the Attitude Era-early 2000's get mega reactions when they come back.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs