Blog Entries

Smackdown 1/17/13 **Spoiler**

(think I got that air date right?)

So this week on Smackdown, Miz uses the figure four to win a match. I don't know about you guys but I think the addition of the figure four makes Miz less exciting.

Kaitlyn beat Aksana - they sure know how to make the new champ look good putting her up against that actual dud.

Blog Entries
    I agree, the miz using the figure 4 doesn't fit. I like the miz as a face because he is essentially the same guy as he was as a heel. Don't stale him down by having him pay homage to flair... he shouldn't win making people tap out IMO.
    #BeJelly

The Miz should use another submission move. The figure 4 is not made for him. An Arm trap Crossface or a Walls of Jericho-like would have been better.

I disagree. It's about time The Miz added a submission move as a finisher. Might as well be one that is well known.

Not to mention, Ric Flair, one of greatest professional wrestlers of all time, specifically gave The Miz his blessing on the 20th anniversay of Raw to use it. That's an honor no one else will ever recieve.

Because of that, The Miz is going to use the figure four lock from here on out whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 01-17-2013 at 01:20 AM.

Blog Entries
    You know what? I don't object to Miz's inclusion of the figure four into his repertoire. I do object to the way they've done it - it's just so corny and scripted and convenient. But worse, it's trying to get cheap, reflected heat from Flair. Surely he's beyond this now. In WWE's desperate gamble to make Miz relevant as a face, they're chancing Flair's already-been-brought-into-question reputation and legacy.

Yeeeeaaaaahhh. Not for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You know what? I don't o
    bject to Miz's inclusion of the figure four into his repertoire. I do object to the way they've done it - it's just so corny and scripted and convenient. But worse, it's trying to get cheap, reflected heat from Flair. Surely he's beyond this now. In WWE's desperate gamble to make Miz relevant as a face, they're chancing Flair's already-been-brought-into-question reputation and legacy.

Yeeeeaaaaahhh. Not for mine.
    I don't think WWE is desperate to make The Miz a relevant anything.

I have yet to understand why so many in the IWC seem to think Miz isn't working as a face. The Miz has made a successful face turn without changing his character at all. The only thing he does differently is go against heels instead of faces. Naturally, the fans cheer for him. But he's still the same Miz we've seen for years.

You should be happy they didn't go the Sheamus route with him. He made a complete 360, was pushed to the moon on SmackDown, squashed everyone in his path, and it still took WWE a year to finally make him relevant as a face.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 01-17-2013 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    I don't think WWE is desperate to make The Miz a relevant anything.

I have yet to understand why so many in the IWC seem to think Miz isn't working as a face. The Miz has made a successful face turn without changing his character at all. The only thing he does differently is go against heels instead of faces. Naturally, the fans cheer for him. But he's still the same Miz we've seen for years.

You should be happy they didn't go the Sheamus route with him. He made a complete 360, was pushed to the moon on SmackDown, squashed everyone in his path, and it still took WWE a year to finally make him relevant as a face.
    its not the same as heel miz. face miz is making some lame as jokes like cena. his promos have been very weak lately. he does this stupid goofy happy face thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    its not the same as heel miz. face miz is making some lame ass jokes like cena. his promos have been very weak lately. he does this stupid goofy happy face thing now.
    That's called being a PG Era babyface.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 01-18-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    That's called being a PG Era babyface.
    some wrestlers can do it good some can't. the miz can't.

Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    some wrestlers can do it good some can't. the miz can't.
    I disagree, but whatever.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 01-18-2013 at 11:35 AM.