View Poll Results: Rock as WWE Champ good or Bad?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

20 40.00%
  • Bad

30 60.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    it would be awful. they built cm punk up this far to lose to a non-full time wrestler?

i think lesnar will interfere setting up a rock vs. brock with triple h getting involved somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfccalum View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong but i believe rock is one of the highest earners in Hollywood, so i can see there being major coverage.

Im loving punks title reign and dont really want it to end, even if it is the Rock to end it. The only way i'd like to see it is if Rocky enters the program with Cena as a heel. Similar to the one he played in 2003.
    You're probably right but it's hard to see the media getting hyped up because a former wrestler turned Hollywood actor went back to what made him famous. If Bob Barker returned an won the title the media would mark the fuck out!

Quote Originally Posted by goodomens View Post
    it would be awful. they built cm punk up this far to lose to a non-full time wrestler?

i think lesnar will interfere setting up a rock vs. brock with triple h getting involved somehow.
    I dont know man. It'll be hard for people to get invested in a match with two part-timers leaving after Mania. It'll be like Lesnar vs Goldberg with Austin as guest ref many years back. Also, if the Rock is going to fight, he needs to be in the ring with someone very professional, very technical and safe. Lesnar is just too rough around the edges in the ring. Dwaynes a big star, but he needs to be carried a bit by a full-timer - and Brock certainly isn't the guy to do that.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Quote Originally Posted by goodomens View Post

It will be stupid to waste those two in a match

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    I dont know man. It'll be hard for people to get invested in a match with two part-timers leaving after Mania. It'll be like Lesnar vs Goldberg with Austin as guest ref many years back. Also, if the Rock is going to fight, he needs to be in the ring with someone very professional, very technical and safe. Lesnar is just too rough around the edges in the ring. Dwaynes a big star, but he needs to be carried a bit by a full-timer - and Brock certainly isn't the guy to do that.
    very good point. in that case, i'm all for a punk-rock rivalry till WM. i'm enjoying their promos so far!

I think if CM Punk loses to the Rock at the Rumble it makes his title reign meaningless. He has beaten every contender who is full time, but to lose to a part timer would hurt what his reign stands for. The Rock has obviously been brought back because they want to put the Gold on him one last time so I think the best place for this to happen would be Elimination Chamber, this way several wrestlers can gang up on Punk and eliminate him, this way his reign won't be tarnished. Then I guess Cena is going to win the rumble so we then get rock vs cena 2 for the title in what will probably be the most predictable match at wrestlemania.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnienfg View Post
    I think if CM Punk loses to the Rock at the Rumble it makes his title reign meaningless. He has beaten every contender who is full time, but to lose to a part timer would hurt what his reign stands for. The Rock has obviously been brought back because they want to put the Gold on him one last time so I think the best place for this to happen would be Elimination Chamber, this way several wrestlers can gang up on Punk and eliminate him, this way his reign won't be tarnished. Then I guess Cena is going to win the rumble so we then get rock vs cena 2 for the title in what will probably be the most predictable match at wrestlemania.
    I don't think it would tarnish his reign one bit. Realistically, CM Punk is not gonna STILL be champ at the 2014 kick off Raw. He may be champ at the time, but not at 800+ consecutive days. He's gonna lose. So, might as well be to The Rock. He'll win at Royal Rumble, win at Elimination Chamber, then lose to Cena at Wrestlemania. It's what makes the most sense. The point is to beat last year's buy rate. Rock vs Cena II, this time it's for the title, is the biggest possible headline to do so. Not with Brock Lesnar, not with HHH, not even with Punk vs Undertaker.

What would really be intriguing is The Rock being the leader of The Shield. talk about throwing everyone off. I know it's been mentioned a time or two, but it would create a huge heel in The Rock, and allow everyone's super hero, Cena, to take him down and overcome all odds. Business wise, it makes tons of sense. Punk can recapture his glory throughout the year.

I voted good. It would be good for business if The Rock becomes WWE champion, the ratings would go up as well as the viewers etc. Rock is a big draw and since he is committing himself to appear on most of the RAW shows and maybe smackdown as well as wrestling at the coming ppv's, i personally would like to see him have another run with the belt. Punk might come off as abit hurt from the loss but im sure he could recover from it, plus i think he has had a good and long title reign but i think its time it came to an end.

I voted bad. Whether it be Rock, Lesnar, or Taker, I find myself caring little about anyone who is not currently working their butt off. This is not to diminish what any of these three have meant (and for nostalgia reasons) still mean to the fans. It is hard for me to look at it from a business point of view because I'm not a fan for the money. I understand that my 'rasslen is really a smoke-and-mirrors business. But, the one true aspect of it is the grind that the full-time performers go through. Even if the three I mentioned have paid their dues, which I know they all unquestionably have, it feels like they are riding the backs of those who bust butt for my entertainment every night. I personally would be a lot more excited if some of the good, young talent that is currently on the roster were getting the last fifteen minutes of Raw, getting main event pushes, and their faces on the PPV posters. But, what do I know? There doesn't seem to be a five page discussion about The Shield, Big E, Bray Wyatt, Wade Barrett, or Antonio Cesarro, which are the current stars that I seem to mark out about.

Black Ninja!
    Bad, bad, bad for the product. Gives the impression that working hard year round won't get you anywhere in the minds of those who decide who wins a title and when.