View Poll Results: Rock as WWE Champ good or Bad?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

20 40.00%
  • Bad

30 60.00%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Every week there are more and more dates being announced of Rock being on Raw and Smackdown, so I'm not sure what you're basing this off of.

Wrong.

Here's the event page for Elimantion Chamber
    . There he is, being advertised, on WWE's website, for Elimination Chamber.

And if that's not enough, here's the advertisement for EC on the New Orleans Arena website where the show is taking place. Look at the very first sentence "Witness the return of "The Great One", The Rock, when he returns to New Orleans for the first time in over 11 years!"
    If I enjoyed WWE more I'd go to that PPV as I live in the area. To get back on topic though- it, Rock being champ, is only good for one thing- short term ratings and a way for Cena to even up the odds with Rock by wining the belt off of Rock at Wrestlemania in their Once in a Lifetime(Yet Again, One More Time) Showdown

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Blog Entries
    I am a huge fan of Punk and this epic title reign. With that said some people are acting like its just a random movie star coming in and taking the title. This is not David Arquette people! This is the Rock! I dont really even like him that much but having him beat Punk shouldn't seem that strange, even if he is a part timer. He has many years of experience, he is a third generation superstar, and he is an absolute beast! I vote its a good thing, because I think the overall benifit to the WWE will outweigh the minimal butt hurt from Punk fans like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I am a huge fan of Punk and this epic title reign. With that said some people are acting like its just a random movie star coming in and taking the title. This is not David Arquette people! This is the Rock! I dont really even like him that much but having him beat Punk shouldn't seem that strange, even if he is a part timer. He has many years of experience, he is a third generation superstar, and he is an absolute beast! I vote its a good thing, because I think the overall benifit to the WWE will outweigh the minimal butt hurt from Punk fans like myself.
    That doesn't bother me so much - Rock winning the title. Yes he grew up in the business and had a great career in the sport. And coming back in after years off(at last Wrestlemania) he still has it. Its just that having him come in and get a title shot- and winning the belt- thats not logical. Of course in WWE logic is, well there is no logic. The should have had him in the Royal Rumble- win it, then get the title shot.

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Quote Originally Posted by evilgenius780 View Post
    Would be great for business, to have a legit Hollywood star as champ would bring in the media coverage they claim. May as well be a hollywood star who is also a star in the wrestling business, this would be a win situation for the company in my opinion.

The only part that would suck about it, is the timing. I really like CM Punks long title reign, and want to see it go on, on the flipside, I would like to see The Rock as champ. Either way, it's pretty much a win/win for me.
    You think it's going to get major coverage? I'm not sure. It's not like Brad Pitt is winning the title, it's The Rock; he is a wrestler. Regardless, if that is the largest redeeming quality for him winning the belt, what is the point?

I'd love to see him win the belt but not yet. Punk needs to retain. The story of streak vs streak could be amazing, even though the match will suck.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eyehatecena View Post
    That doesn't bother me so much - Rock winning the title. Yes he grew up in the business and had a great career in the sport. And coming back in after years off(at last Wrestlemania) he still has it. Its just that having him come in and get a title shot- and winning the belt- thats not logical. Of course in WWE logic is, well there is no logic. The should have had him in the Royal Rumble- win it, then get the title shot.
    I agree with you in the fact that it doesnt make any logical sense. In the end if Punk does drop the title to The Rock it will just fuel Punk to talk about how oppourtunites have been given to undeserving people like the rock. Either way, if the Rock does take the title he better carry it with him EVERYWHERE...

I can see multiple ways it can be a bad thing, like no wwe title defenses at house shows, and the possibility of him not competing on Raw multiple times in between ppvs if at all. Then again, maybe he will compete on Raw a few times. I'm sure ratings will go up a little bit, but I'm not seeing them going up to attitude era numbers just because Rock is champ.
    "What was dat honey? Oh dat was da dragon screw leg whip!" -Dusty Rhodes on commentary during Rey Mysterio jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc '96

After years of shrugging it off, Cena's beginning to get annoyed by his haters.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    You think it's going to get major coverage? I'm not sure. It's not like Brad Pitt is winning the title, it's The Rock; he is a wrestler. Regardless, if that is the largest redeeming quality for him winning the belt, what is the point?
    correct me if i'm wrong but i believe rock is one of the highest earners in Hollywood, so i can see there being major coverage.

Im loving punks title reign and dont really want it to end, even if it is the Rock to end it. The only way i'd like to see it is if Rocky enters the program with Cena as a heel. Similar to the one he played in 2003.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

Blog Entries
    Very good for business. Very bad for the image of the current talent pool. The shadow that the stars of the attitude era have cast over the current crop will be even larger after Wrestlemania when Rock leaves.

The rock winning would makes the product too predictible for the coming months