Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    It's a double edged sword if Ronnie wins again.

On the one hand it will do wonders to boost the popularity of snooker again but on the other what does it say about the current state of the game if he can win the World Title, disappear for a year and come back to win it again, with no competitive play under his belt in between? I know he's a one off and an exceptional talent and far and away my favourite current player but I'm not sure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Right Peg of Doom View Post

On the one hand it will do wonders to boost the popularity of snooker again but on the other what does it say about the current state of the game if he can win the World Title, disappear for a year and come back to win it again, with no competitive play under his belt in between? I know he's a one off and an exceptional talent and far and away my favourite current player but I'm not sure.
    I don't buy the negative side of your coin there. I don't think that any other player on the circuit could have taken a year out and then come back and reach the semi final of the World Championship.
    Plus, he's said that he's looking to playing more on the circuit next season, so it's not as if he's disappearing again.

I don't see this as being anything other than a good thing. It's just to cement that the man is a pure genius and one of if not the best ever player.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I don't buy the negative side of your coin there. I don't think that any other player on the circuit could have taken a year out and then come back and reach the semi final of the World Championship.
    Plus, he's said that he's looking to playing more on the circuit next season, so it's not as if he's disappearing again.

I don't see this as being anything other than a good thing. It's just to cement that the man is a pure genius and one of if not the best ever player.
    I wasn't selling it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Right Peg of Doom View Post

Good points for both sides, Ronnie is the most talented player in Snooker but it does feel like snooker is missing that competitiveness from couple years back when people like John Higgins and Mark Williams were at top.

Reserved for when Arsenal lift the FA Cup

Blog Entries
    Say what you want, but Ronnie O'Sullivan is the best player ever IMO. The man is a pure genius.

So O'Sullivan is in daunting form heading into the World Championships, he won it last time after not playing for so long, this time with The Masters title under his belt. Number 3 in a row and 5 altogether on the way?

Blog Entries
    Just checked up to see who won the welsh open to have my suspicions confirmed as Ronnie did indeed won it. But that's not all. Not only did he THRASH Ding 9-3, but he made a 147 break in the final frame!!

He is the best player ever, there's no doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Just checked up to see who won the welsh open to have my suspicions confirmed as Ronnie did indeed won it. But that's not all. Not only did he THRASH Ding 9-3, but he made a 147 break in the final frame!!

He is the best player ever, there's no doubt about that.
    Yeah I watched that live on BBC, he is in amazing form. Did you see his left handed pot for the red on the right cushion? Plus he potted the final black with his left too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Yeah I watched that live on BBC, he is in amazing form. Did you see his left handed pot for the red on the right cushion? Plus he potted the final black with his left too.
    He really does look like he's playing his best ever snooker right now, and looks to have found a real good point in his life where he's able to enjoy it too.
    I didn't, I'm going to have a look for highlights of the match later tonight hopefully!