View Poll Results: Do You Agree With The NBA's Decision?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 86.67%
  • No

2 13.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Donald Sterling receives lifetime NBA ban; forced to sell Clippers

So today in a conference, NBA Commisioner Adam Silver announced that Clippers Owner Donald Sterling will be banned from the NBA for life, and will be forced to sell the Clippers.

So, the question I ask to you guys, do you agree with the NBAs decision?

I, personally, do not agree. While what Sterling has said is nothing I condone, its still protected under the constitution. I dont agree at all that you should be able to force someone to sell the team that they own. May be the unpopular opinion here, but we'll see. What do you guys think?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Broc View Post
    So today in a conference, NBA Commisioner Adam Silver announced that Clippers Owner Donald Sterling will be banned from the NBA for life, and will be forced to sell the Clippers.

So, the question I ask to you guys, do you agree with the NBAs decision?

I, personally, do not agree. While what Sterling has said is nothing I condone, its still protected under the constitution. I dont agree at all that you should be able to force someone to sell the team that they own. May be the unpopular opinion here, but we'll see. What do you guys think?
    You realize that the 1st Amendment states that there will be no LAW passed abridging the freedom of speech, right? You can still totally be fired for saying something stupid, just not arrested.
    Regardless, it was clear that even his players did not want to be associated with him.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    Yes, but I still think it's more of a moral thing. I mostly agree with what Mark Cuban said on the situation (which you can read here: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1772540

His comments werent right, but I dont agree with him being forced to sell the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Broc View Post
    Yes, but I still think it's more of a moral thing. I mostly agree with what Mark Cuban said on the situation (which you can read here: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1772540

His comments werent right, but I dont agree with him being forced to sell the team.

well when a person buys a NBA team they agree to rules. he broke those rules. but he is very rich and can fight this for years if he wanted. or just sell the team. there saying the team is worth over a billion cause it's in LA. there was 19 people who wanted to buy the last time for sale. so he will have no trouble finding a buyer. i can't remember who the last team was. but they were a small market team i think.

I only agree if Larry Johnson from the Knicks is banned from the league. He called for an all-black league which is just as racist as what Sterling said.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

The only time anyone has ever cared about the Clippers.
    Meet me beyond the emptiness
    And only then will you see
    All that you have in this world Is all that you need

Blog Entries
    I don't get this whole "My constitutional rights mean I can say any stupid shit I want" defense. That's just the most ignorant argument you could conjure for anything in my humble opinion. Don't people realise that by saying such stuff, you are effectively just wiping your ass with your own constitution?

Black Ninja!
    Racist, sexist dickholes have every constitutional right to be racist, sexist dickholes. That said, the NBA has every right to not want racist, sexist dickholes anywhere near their multi billion dollar empire.

Jman

2x HWA Supremacy World Champion

2x JBW WARfare Tag Team Champion (with thedag and Ryusuke "Shuriken Blade" Serra)

JBW WARfare World Heavyweight Champion

AWF IronMan Champion

Worked for IWA, EWNCW, HWA, SWA,
    JBW, EWA, ICW, and AWF

EWN E-Fedding Hall of Famer

A proud member of the EWN E-Fedding Community

Few seem to understand that the First Amendment does not confer ANY absolute right of free speech. What it does is place a limit on the power of one branch of government to control speech, the legislative branch. And even that limit is more myth than reality.

Blog Entries
    You can't go up to someone and say something offensive, whether it is racist, sexist, or in any way inappropriate and say that nothing can happen to you because the 1st Amendment protects you. While you can't be arrested or charged with a crime, it is still a heinous act.

Remember, the NBA has their OWN Constitution that players, employees, owners, and everyone else involved with them have to follow. What Sterling did, whether it is was in private or in public, is a heinous act and deserved to be treated as one. I don't think the fine should've happened, unless the NBA plans to donate them to several minority associations. But the banning and almost guaranteed order of selling the team and ownership is completely fair.

It doesn't matter if is a prominently African-American league, or Caucasian league, or Hispanic league, or Asian league, or any other league. What he said was wrong, and utterly disturbing and he deserves to be punished because as an owner, a representative of the NBA, he is supposed to be held to high standards and represent the NBA well. While these comments were said privately per say, the ultimate deciding factor was his past run-ins with racism and unethical behavior. This isn't the first time this has happened with Donald Sterling and this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

He deserves to be banned and lose the PRIVILEGE to own a team in the NBA. And anyone who questions otherwise really needs to take a step back and realize the repercussions of Donald Sterling's actions and words.

It also doesn't help him that the President of NBA's Player Association is someone on the Clippers and is against what Sterling said, along with the coach of the team as well.

Adam Silver did the RIGHT thing in banning him and pushing for Sterling to be forced to sell the team and his ownership. I applaud him for doing this and so should everyone else.
    Ryan Wells:

- Former JBW TV Champion
    - Former EWNCW Evolution Champion
    - Former Undisputed BWA Grand Champion
    (w/ Gillz)

Xavier Hightower:

- Former RTE Tag Team Champion
    (w/ Kaige Chamberlain)