Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how aboot this?

Hybrid View

how aboot this?

The iwc keeps clamoring for title prestige in the wwe and new and fresh stars in the title scenes. Where as the wwe has regained relevence with a 400 sum odd reign by a certain someone and the world heavyweight title having matches become the show stealer.... and the fact that its soon to be held by a show off... i want to touch upon the midcard titles. The US and IC championships. While the IC title has, in my eyes at least, become relevent and interesting again since it was held by cody rhodes, the US hasnt had the same luck. Although im really enjoying Cesaro as a champ and hes making the title interesting again, which hasnt been the case for quite some time now. But heres my idea, you want those belts to feel more important and have the holder of the belt really feel like a top contender in the company? Give it its own annual rumble match! No, not at the rumble. I like to think of this happening at survivor series. It can be an annual battle royal of about 10-20 stars and the winner gets to pick whether he wants to compete for the IC or US title at the next "big 4" ppv. I think its summerslam? I may not be right there. But anyways that gives the winner plenty of time to pick which belt he will compete for and build up a strong rivaly with the current champion. I know its a bit of a rehash of a gimmick but i think it could draw more attention back to those belts, which with their historys, they deserve. I know this will never happen but i think itd be neat and was wondering what my iwc bretheren thought... or if they (most likely) had a better idea.

I want the IC & US titles to be unified at Wrestlemania. (mania 30 for example). IC remains
    I want then, the Cruiserweight title to be back

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    I want the IC & US titles to be unified at Wrestlemania. (mania 30 for example). IC remains
    I want then, the Cruiserweight title to be back
    Antonio Cesaro Vs Wade Barrett would be epic if WWE let two heels compete. But I agree I think the two titles should be unified.

Cesaro too bring back the EU Championship!

Blog Entries
    Could happen. I would also prefer the unification of the IC and US titles but i don't mind another title being around as long as the IC title is clearly established as the superior championship. I would personally have both world titles unified. Smackdown house shows could have the IC title on the line in the main event. Imagine if it was Sheamus vs Randy Orton for the IC title. That would make the IC title a very big deal. The hierarchy would be as follows:

WWE Undisputed Championship- Main event title

Intercontinental Championship- Platform to elevate superstars from the mid-card to main event.

United States Championship- Mid-card title.

WWE Tag Team Championships

In my opinion the prestige of the IC title will not amount to what we want it to unless the World title is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWade View Post
    Could happen. I would also prefer the unification of the IC and US titles but i don't mind another title being around as long as the IC title is clearly established as the superior championship. I would personally have both world titles unified. Smackdown house shows could have the IC title on the line in the main event. Imagine if it was Sheamus vs Randy Orton for the IC title. That would make the IC title a very big deal. The hierarchy would be as follows:

WWE Undisputed Championship- Main event title

Intercontinental Championship- Platform to elevate superstars from the mid-card to main event.

United States Championship- Mid-card title.

WWE Tag Team Championships

In my opinion the prestige of the IC title will not amount to what we want it to unless the World title is gone.
    That would be a good idea but with your rankings, this will happen; IC title is a big deal again. The US title becomes 2013s european title and is shit all over!

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

What would be the difference between the European title if it replaces the US ? Why would the WWE replace a midcard title by another one ? That makes no sense. Unifying the IC & US titles, and bring back the Cruiserweight title make sense and is the best idea for titles IMO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    That would be a good idea but with your rankings, this will happen; IC title is a big deal again. The US title becomes 2013s european title and is shit all over!
    Yeah i know but that is the whole point. WWE needs those rankings back and i prefer the US title to bringing back the European title. Thats exactly what the US title should be, the European title of 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TTZT View Post
    Cesaro too bring back the EU Championship!
    Excellent idea!!

I'm all for bringing back the European Championship or even the Hardcore Championship because they qualify for the Grand Slam Championship. If someone started wrestling in WWE after 2002 (like 90% of the current roster), it's currently impossible to reach that achievement.