Looking for a good 3rd person shooter

As the title says I'm looking for a good 3rd person shooter for X-box. I've heard good things about Max Payne 3 and Hitman but i've never been a big fan of teh genre so I'm looking for opinions form people who are.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Borderlands 2.

It steers well away from the competitive douchery that the genre is usually known for, in favour of a co-operative loot fest If you can get a couple of your buds to play it with you the game is fun as hell

*edit

LOL, I read the title wrong! I thought that you were after first person shooters

not many good third person shooters out right now. Last one out side the Payne and Hitman genre was probably RE6 and before that was Sleeping Dogs.

Soon to come though are Dead Space 3 and and the new Army of Two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hey Bear...Rehmix called... He wants his everything back.

Malcolm Cage
    "Primetime" AJ Dixon ~ EWNCW International Champion
    EWNCW ~ IWA ~ APW

Blog Entries
    The Mass Effect series.
    Case closed.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I can recommend Gears of Wars if you have X Box. Has great action, plenty of weapons and a great storyline.

For PS3 I say Uncharted. Plenty of suspense, gunfire and again storyline to boot.

For both consoles I'd go with Dead Space. Scary as hell but well designed. You don't actually shoot bullets with the main gun since it's a plasma cutter but there are other guns to use in this game. It's got great depth of story with a lot twists and turns.

That's about what I know that can be a great 3rd person shooter game.
    S.E. Zero is now Luizero. Look him up

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    The Mass Effect series.
    Case closed.
    Indeed, especially if you are an RPG fan, the games are fun, challenging and the story is fucking beyond words.

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Borderlands 2.

It steers well away from the competitive douchery that the genre is usually known for, in favour of a co-operative loot fest If you can get a couple of your buds to play it with you the game is fun as hell

*edit

LOL, I read the title wrong! I thought that you were after first person shooters
    ;_; But I has no friends...

Just kidding, I've heard borderlands to was supposed to be awesome so I think I'll give it a try even if it is first person.

Thanks for your input guys I'll deffinately look into the games and if their as good as you guys say I'll grab them when I can.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Blog Entries
    Hitman: Blood Money or Hitman: Absolution. It's more of a stealth based game though, although you can shoot and kill if you truly want too. H:BM does have an option to go first person too if you end up not liking that angle. Splinter Cell is stealth too but has shooty parts I think.

Mass Effect. 1, 2 and 3. I'd look into the game before buying though. People either truly love it or just don't like it.

Gears of War 1, 2 and 3. Okay, this is an over the shoulder but not much difference lol Very shooting based. Great multiplayer but you'll need friends to play it who're committed to playing it to really get the best out of it.

Assassins Creed 2 (What!? You unlock a gun eventually...) and maybe the others afterwards.

Dead Space, GTA 4, Saints Row 1, 2 and 3, Godfather and Dead Rising (You get guns in it at least) all spring to mind of games that're TPS with shooting in it.