Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,323
    Blog Entries
    6

    A Super Heavyweight Title

    I know what you're thinking but hear me out here. The trend of wrestling these days is to incorporate guys of all shapes and sizes into the roster. In WWE we have guys as wide ranging in appearance as Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler and Christian diametrically opposed to guys like Big Show, Great Khali and Brodus Clay.

    So, rather than bringing back a light heavyweight or cruiserweight title, why not bring in a Super Heavyweight title for the larger guys? One of the qualifying measures for this belt could not only be weight and height but muscle mass and strength as well - that way guys like John Cena and Sheamus are put in this division also. Such a scheme would allow for the amalgamation of the WWE and World titles and add a new and possibly more exciting element to the WWE.

    The division is already there:
    Big Show
    Great Khali
    Big E Langston
    Tensai
    John Cena
    Sheamus
    Ezekial Jackson
    Kane
    Brodus Clay
    Mason Ryan
    Mark Henry
    Brock Lesnar
    Ryback

    At least with the Heavies and the Super Heavies divided up, I think we'd see better matches as you don't have a situation where the smaller guy is carrying (so to speak) the bigger guy through many of their match spots. And, in the case of the Super Heavies, at least we'll know to only expect so much from them and their matches.

    I don't really expect this to happen but I thought it was an interesting idea!



  2. #2
    It would be cool, but then the world titles might turn into jobber titles while they focus on the super-heavyweight title

  3. #3
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,739
    I like it Rob. Fancy you coming up with a different and interesting idea.

    I think it would be a good way to let people like punk and D-bry have title runs like the one punk has and make it more believable.


    To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    I like it Rob. Fancy you coming up with a different and interesting idea.

    I think it would be a good way to let people like punk and D-bry have title runs like the one punk has and make it more believable.
    but the world title division would be lacking due to the super title

  5. #5
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,323
    Blog Entries
    6
    Yeah but you could look at it like you're elevating the average sized guys to main event, where the clunky Super Heavies can hold down the mid card . You don't need to have so much emphasis on the big boys.

    And B Mac, there was a time when these I would post new ideas regularly - why do you think I'm like, the fourth highest thread starter?



  6. #6
    i would see it more as another mid-card title to get big guys more exposure. but that could make WWE get more athletic big men for more intriguing matches.

  7. #7
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Yeah but you could look at it like you're elevating the average sized guys to main event, where the clunky Super Heavies can hold down the mid card . You don't need to have so much emphasis on the big boys.

    And B Mac, there was a time when these I would post new ideas regularly - why do you think I'm like, the fourth highest thread starter?
    I had assumed you were going for a mid card type of thing with this new idea. To keep the big guys around, but focus on the more athletic and technical performers in the main event.

    As for you being fourth highest thread starter. I thought you liked starting new threads about rules and regulations.

    I was also only joking, because I know you once upon a time, made some quite interesting threads... Shall I necro some of them for you... I'd rather not.


    To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

  8. #8
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,323
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    I had assumed you were going for a mid card type of thing with this new idea. To keep the big guys around, but focus on the more athletic and technical performers in the main event.

    As for you being fourth highest thread starter. I thought you liked starting new threads about rules and regulations.

    I was also only joking, because I know you once upon a time, made some quite interesting threads... Shall I necro some of them for you... I'd rather not.
    Don't. That can be annoying since it encourages others to do the same and they aren't always very discerning.

    One thing that could spice things up with this idea is if WWE stole a TNA idea - for the first time - and had like a Destination X type tournament or match where the winner would qualify to challenge for any title all year. Hey wait - isn't that Money In The Bank? lol



  9. #9
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Don't. That can be annoying since it encourages others to do the same and they aren't always very discerning.

    One thing that could spice things up with this idea is if WWE stole a TNA idea - for the first time - and had like a Destination X type tournament or match where the winner would qualify to challenge for any title all year. Hey wait - isn't that Money In The Bank? lol
    I thought WWE adapted the money in the bank into a better form of feast or fired from TNA


    To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    I thought WWE adapted the money in the bank into a better form of feast or fired from TNA
    I liked feast or fired better, because of the suspense of (somewhat) not knowing who would get fired

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.