Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67
  1. #1

    CM Punk WWE Champion for another year?

    I feel CM Punk right now is really starting to get more spotlight, with his recent wins over Ryback, and now with him entering a feud with The Rock. (I'm sure he'll somehow win at the Royal Rumble) I feel CM Punk is really getting more attention, and I think it would be amazing if CM Punk could held the title for a another year. Its not like there isn't anymore people he can feud with you got guys like Sheamus, Daniel Bryan (again), The Miz, Randy Orton, even Kofi Kingston. I think there are enough people that he has yet to feud with that could make a another year as him champion interesting. I would like to see him retain his title at Wrestlemania regardless of he faces. And have a year where he continues to sneak by as champion. Doing this I believe whoever does beat him would be the most over face in the company, and it could really solidify Punk as one of the best of our generation.

    thoughts on this?

  2. #2
    Black Ninja! bearkg88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    9,643
    Blog Entries
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I feel CM Punk right now is really starting to get more spotlight, with his recent wins over Ryback, and now with him entering a feud with The Rock. (I'm sure he'll somehow win at the Royal Rumble) I feel CM Punk is really getting more attention, and I think it would be amazing if CM Punk could held the title for a another year. Its not like there isn't anymore people he can feud with you got guys like Sheamus, Daniel Bryan (again), The Miz, Randy Orton, even Kofi Kingston. I think there are enough people that he has yet to feud with that could make a another year as him champion interesting. I would like to see him retain his title at Wrestlemania regardless of he faces. And have a year where he continues to sneak by as champion. Doing this I believe whoever does beat him would be the most over face in the company, and it could really solidify Punk as one of the best of our generation.

    thoughts on this?
    I agree. I watched Raw tonight and saw Punk's promo. I'm honestly pulling for Punk to retain. there will be people saying he gets dull or he needs to lose the title, but I think if he held the title until WM 30 and lost it there, it could be an amazing moment. Whoever he loses it then would become huge in my opinion.
     

  3. #3
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,391
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    I agree. I watched Raw tonight and saw Punk's promo. I'm honestly pulling for Punk to retain. there will be people saying he gets dull or he needs to lose the title, but I think if he held the title until WM 30 and lost it there, it could be an amazing moment. Whoever he loses it then would become huge in my opinion.
    Our luck he would drop it to john cena at wrestlemania 30. I don't think he should hold it for that long... I wouldn't mind him holding it threw this wrestlemania season... though it would be interesting to see him hold it for that long. it would be incredible.
    #TeamGeeky


  4. #4
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,715
    There is absolutely no way Punk holds the title for another year. No matter how good he is.


    To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

  5. #5
    it could get really interesting, even so far i cannot think of someone worthy of taking the title from punk, i think it will be the chance to bring a new main event star, like when cena was champion for around a year and edge cashed in mitb, it was a real surprise and elevated edge to main event status

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by helmsley View Post
    it could get really interesting, even so far i cannot think of someone worthy of taking the title from punk, i think it will be the chance to bring a new main event star, like when cena was champion for around a year and edge cashed in mitb, it was a real surprise and elevated edge to main event status
    This all of the way. Even though there may not be someone 'ready' to take away the title, but nobody is truly ready until they're given the chance. They need to have new people because we'll just have what je loathed from thw mutliple Cena reigns. *shrugs*


  7. #7
    What I wouldn't give for CM Punk to keep his title. I feel Punk is one of the few people who can hold the title for so long without getting too dull. He has great feuds and there are plenty of people for him to work with. I really want him to go over The Rock at the Rumble and Wrestlemania.
    I want to know who looked at David Otunga and said "You know something? This guy's good." They deserve to be fired.

  8. #8
    i think this would be awesome i just cant picture punk without the title.. i wanna see him keep it for another year! he will be a legend in the business top heel of all time . eventually i hope he faces stone cold steve austin whenever his knees get back to some kind of decent!
    Best Gimmick on NXT

  9. #9
    I would like for it to happen but I really don't see it happening. Even now there are only two logical ways to take the belt off of him at this point, one being The Rock and the other being The Undertaker. I really don't want the Rock to win just because it would really screw things up in my book. It really would just make all story telling for the past year worthless. And for the Undertaker it wouldn't really work because we know he wont be around for more than a day or two after WM. He could lose it to a MITB winner if they move that back to WM.

    But if he does hold it for another year and loses at WM 30 I could see a good story if he does lose to The Rock then. He could go over Rock at Rumble. Rock keeps showing up saying he deserves a match for the Title at Mania but Punk points out that he had his shot and he has to get in line. So that leads to possibly the Rock appearing speratically over the next year. Maybe a couple weeks leading to a SUmmerSlam match with someone. Then a Survivor Series match. The rumble and Eventually getting the Title at MANIA. He could then get beat down the next night and lose to whomever has the MITB briefcase.

    Yeah I know far-fetched but lets face it. If the Rock is going to keep coming back and wrestling every once in a while the WWE will eventually give him the belt. And frankly if Punk loses to anyone other than the Rock, Taker, or dare I say it Cena at some point it will be a shame. His reign needs to end in some sort of epic match that goes the distance. Well now that I think about it. We could get the Hart vs. Michaels Iron man match of our generation if they build up Punk vs. Bryan again at some point and actually let them put on one hell of a show.

    You can see it in those two guys that they want to be known as the best ever. Especially Punk, and I don't think he will be satisfied until his name is mentioned in the same sentences as Taker, HHH, Rock, and Austin.

  10. #10
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,596
    Blog Entries
    1
    I hope he holds the title through Wrestlemania season.
    I'm also all for seeing him champion for another year. Why not I say.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.