Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Great One View Post
    I guess this is why we have our own opinions huh? Yeah I agree that Batista was at the level of cena but Batista was around for years wasn't he? Thought so... He didn't get a fair push in my opinion but then again no one gets a good push now a days
    You thought so? You thought so what? Yeah, so many years! 10 - count 'em - 10 whole years!! 8 if you don't count OVW! Let's see, who else was around for years? Viscera/Big Daddy V - the guys almost a 20 year veteran! Jacques Rougeau/The Mountie - he gave 23 years! Brutus Beefcake is still hanging around the fringes as a 33 year veteran!

Does it automatically make them any good? Not on your life. Batista, had he debuted in any other era would have been mid card at best. But thanks to the Goldberg (7 years in the biz! SEVEN!!!) phenomenon of "push-em-cos-they-look-good", Batista fluked it into the main event scene. And Batista isn't worth half a Goldberg - hell, he isn't even a Big Show.

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You thought so? You thought so what? Yeah, so many years! 10 - count 'em - 10 whole years!! 8 if you don't count OVW! Let's see, who else was around for years? Viscera/Big Daddy V - the guys almost a 20 year veteran! Jacques Rougeau/The Mountie - he gave 23 years! Brutus Beefcake is still hanging around the fringes as a 33 year veteran!

Does it automatically make them any good? Not on your life. Batista, had he debuted in any other era would have been mid card at best. But thanks to the Goldberg (7 years in the biz! SEVEN!!!) phenomenon of "push-em-cos-they-look-good", Batista fluked it into the main event scene. And Batista isn't worth half a Goldberg - hell, he isn't even a Big Show.
    When did Big Show actually start since you're talking about the time they have spent in the business as well.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries
    1995 Big Show debuted. So he's been going for 17 years.

Black Ninja!
    1995 Big Show debuted. So he's been going for 17 years.
    So in terms of longevity Show has fared far better then Batista or Goldberg did.

Blog Entries
    Yeah but when I mentioned Goldberg and Show, I meant in terms of charisma, appeal, versatility - but not necessarily longevity. Goldberg and Batista were never for the business, they were for themselves. I'm not sure what Goldberg had to give him the edge over Botchtista in my mind, but somehow he has it, and easily. Maybe it's because Goldberg never made out like he was anything but what he was.

Black Ninja!
    Yeah but when I mentioned Goldberg and Show, I meant in terms of charisma, appeal, versatility - but not necessarily longevity. Goldberg and Batista were never for the business, they were for themselves. I'm not sure what Goldberg had to give him the edge over Botchtista in my mind, but somehow he has it, and easily. Maybe it's because Goldberg never made out like he was anything but what he was.
    If your talking appeal Goldberg wins. I don't know what it was either, but for a time you just wanted to see who he would beat up.

WWE is fucking stupid. They should release Khali and Hornswoggle. Getting rid of Trent and Buggy? Dumb. I hope TNA takes them in.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

look like Aces and 8s will be getting new members.

Blog Entries
    So disappointed by the release of Trent Barreta. That man was honestly the best high flyer in WWE today, but was never given the chance to display his skills on the big shows. Perhaps this means that those plans for a cruiserweight show have been scrapped.
    He is very young though still, so I wouldn't rule out WWE bringing him back IF they do have that cruiserweight show on their channel.

Very disappointed by the release of Skyler Moon/Buggy Nova too. Awesome female wrestler that had so much to offer the Divas division. Perhaps they've released her until she gets over her health problems? I hope so anyway.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    I'd say anyone not injured and hasn't been used in a while could be amongst releases. Zeke is currently injured, so could save him for now. I'd also suggest NXT (the contest seasons) members who can't even make NXT, let alone main brands, will go too - so people like Derrick bateman. I'd pick Bourne, Tensai and Ryder as the biggest possible shock releases.
    Bateman's injured