Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ruining a good thing

What the F*ck have they done to Abyss- That is all. There is character development and then there is Joseph parks.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

i really dont get it, i think its a way to let abyss rest and also a way to refresh his character.

but honestly, i cant wait for abyss to return

They ruined Abyss when they made him not want to use weapons.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    They ruined Abyss when they made him not want to use weapons.
    You have to consider that maybe they were just looking after the guys long term health. People shouldn't look at him and think, "Wow, he gets so fucked up, that's cool". Maybe he's grown out of that stuff. Or maybe he's decided to give a shit about himself and not so much the fans who aren't going to be there for him when he's so broken down he can't even make it to his doctors appointments. You want weapons? Get in there and do it yourself then.

Blog Entries
    One got to look what all he done to his body or that has happen to him physically....
    Blading his arms up many of times then blading his head up many times... Losing a few teeth as well....

It pretty much gives the Abyss character time to rest but come back with vengeance when he does return....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You have to consider that maybe they were just looking after the guys long term health. People shouldn't look at him and think, "Wow, he gets so fucked up, that's cool". Maybe he's grown out of that stuff. Or maybe he's decided to give a shit about himself and not so much the fans who aren't going to be there for him when he's so broken down he can't even make it to his doctors appointments. You want weapons? Get in there and do it yourself then.
    Except, I was referring to him acting scared and like a child when it came to a weapon being in play - not the physical act of him slapping himself, or others around with weapons.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    Except, I was referring to him acting scared and like a child when it came to a weapon being in play - not the physical act of him slapping himself, or others around with weapons.
    In that regard, not to forget the whole horrible Hogan/HOF ring angle, I don't know who's responsible but they've handled this with all the sense and continuity of a WWE angle. I wouldn't mind him getting a whole new character but they really screwed it up with the Joseph Parks thing. It wasn't what it could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    In that regard, not to forget the whole horrible Hogan/HOF ring angle, I don't know who's responsible but they've handled this with all the sense and continuity of a WWE angle. I wouldn't mind him getting a whole new character but they really screwed it up with the Joseph Parks thing. It wasn't what it could have been.
    Park is amusing for his facial features, and some of his in-ring antics; but I'd prefer Abyss.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

My personal opinion on Abyss since day 1 has always been he was too similar to a offspring of Kane and Mankind.

I like his matches and he has some serious skills. His matches always entertained me. Maybe they are just updating his character to be a little more original. Because as long as he eventually wrestles and puts on matches like he did when he was Aybss, he will be fine.

Blog Entries
    I always knew ABYSS/TNA were looking at Kane's many transitions in his career, and it became clear when ABYSS cut that mouth part of his mask to expose his mouth, like Kane's 2002 mask. Now Joseph Parks?......really? we a have a bald monster who lost his upper attire and became completely different, then we get Joseph Park? TAZ already blew it at Final Resolution. I wondered, why is ABYSS now looking Penn Jillette? Why?