Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    There is absolutely no way Punk holds the title for another year. No matter how good he is.
    I bet you were also one of the guys that said that there was no way he'd hold it for 400+ days too huh? Look how that prediction turned out for ya
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I bet you were also one of the guys that said that there was no way he'd hold it for 400+ days too huh? Look how that prediction turned out for ya
    I would say he would be incredibly lucky to make it to 500 days, but no chance to make it to 600 days. that's so long in the modern day era of wrestling. like punk said, back when bob backland held the title, it was on like once a month at msg. punk is shown as the champion 5 times a month, plus a ton of house shows... even more so than bob had to do.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I would say he would be incredibly lucky to make it to 500 days, but no chance to make it to 600 days. that's so long in the modern day era of wrestling. like punk said, back when bob backland held the title, it was on like once a month at msg. punk is shown as the champion 5 times a month, plus a ton of house shows... even more so than bob had to do.
    Which is why it would be such an incredible feat were it to be done.
    Imagine how much WWE would milk that with the money they can make off it.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Which is why it would be such an incredible feat were it to be done.
    Imagine how much WWE would milk that with the money they can make off it.
    The following opinion isn't trolling, I know this is going to be unpopular. I think punk should drop it the title. Though to be honest I have been saying that for a while now. I think the wwe champion should be someone (out of kayfabe of course) that isn't so crazy about things. his rants on twitter are crazy, and I have a similar stance as him. he literally told a fan to drink bleach. I think he is a great wrestler (my second favorite wrestler in the wwe) but I don't understand why you would push a guy as your champion for this long.... I mean he is becoming one of the major faces of the wwe.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The following opinion isn't trolling, I know this is going to be unpopular. I think punk should drop it the title. Though to be honest I have been saying that for a while now. I think the wwe champion should be someone (out of kayfabe of course) that isn't so crazy about things. his rants on twitter are crazy, and I have a similar stance as him. he literally told a fan to drink bleach. I think he is a great wrestler (my second favorite wrestler in the wwe) but I don't understand why you would push a guy as your champion for this long.... I mean he is becoming one of the major faces of the wwe.
    I love Punk but it is funny about some of the stuff he has gotten away with, even calling two fans homos at a wrestling show (which I loved) but usually a wrestler will be punished but not Punk.

No and why?I said it before long reigns make the results predictable

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by drumn4life0789 View Post
    I would like for it to happen but I really don't see it happening. Even now there are only two logical ways to take the belt off of him at this point, one being The Rock and the other being The Undertaker. I really don't want the Rock to win just because it would really screw things up in my book. It really would just make all story telling for the past year worthless. And for the Undertaker it wouldn't really work because we know he wont be around for more than a day or two after WM. He could lose it to a MITB winner if they move that back to WM.

But if he does hold it for another year and loses at WM 30 I could see a good story if he does lose to The Rock then. He could go over Rock at Rumble. Rock keeps showing up saying he deserves a match for the Title at Mania but Punk points out that he had his shot and he has to get in line. So that leads to possibly the Rock appearing speratically over the next year. Maybe a couple weeks leading to a SUmmerSlam match with someone. Then a Survivor Series match. The rumble and Eventually getting the Title at MANIA. He could then get beat down the next night and lose to whomever has the MITB briefcase.

Yeah I know far-fetched but lets face it. If the Rock is going to keep coming back and wrestling every once in a while the WWE will eventually give him the belt. And frankly if Punk loses to anyone other than the Rock, Taker, or dare I say it Cena at some point it will be a shame. His reign needs to end in some sort of epic match that goes the distance. Well now that I think about it. We could get the Hart vs. Michaels Iron man match of our generation if they build up Punk vs. Bryan again at some point and actually let them put on one hell of a show.

You can see it in those two guys that they want to be known as the best ever.
    Especially Punk, and I don't think he will be satisfied until his name is mentioned in the same sentences as Taker, HHH, Rock, and Austin.
    This would put my ass in a seat..The two best technical dudes the WWE has today going for an hour? I remember watching Rock and Triple H in the Iron Man match and that was the shit but they're bigger guys. Having Punk and Bryan put on a technical indy style performance would be fuckin amazing.
    The Ballad of Owen Hart: "Which one do I pull? Aaahhhh!"

Im quite happy to see Punk hold the title another year, im still enjoying his title reign.

Also am i the only one that finds it annoying that on the list of top reigning champions. The jump goes from Punk at 400 days to the next one up that held it for something like 1,100 days? Its probably me just being a bit nit picky lol
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

I think he beats the rock then the next logical step is taker putting him over at wrestlemania

Blog Entries
    I would definitely be up for this. I initially wanted Punk to go for the streak at Mania but obviously he would lose and so im now rooting for the triple threat with Cena and Punk like many on here have proposed, simply because we could see Punk walking out with the title.

Punk keeping the title for another year would be epic. People would start to hate him and be desperate for him to lose the title. Fans eventually would actually start getting behind faces to beat him for the title. WWE could really use Punks reign to make a new star. Have an up and comer win the 2014 Rumble and be the one to finally dethrone Punk. Whoever it would be would become an instant star.

They could even do Punk vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania 30. Punk's 2 year plus reign vs the streak. Maybe with a such a historic reign behind him, fans would actually doubt the streak. Undertaker is probably going to retire at Wrestlemania 30 and he deserves to do so as WWE champion.

Personally i would go with the first idea but yeah, i would love to see Punk hold it for another year.