Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Change to TNA PPVs

It seems that TNA is going down to a 4 PPV style(Genesis, Lockdown, BFG, and Slamm.), with the rest of the months being filled with On Demand PPV Specials, produced by TNA - two of which being the X-Stravaganza, and Joker's Wild Tag Tournament.

They'll air on the first Friday of the month, when there isn't a Live Sunday PPV that month.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

Lord Joseph Pythonicus, Archduke of the Black Coast and Lord of the Serpent Port.
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

I thought it was 8? Source, please, my friend.

Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

Lord Joseph Pythonicus, Archduke of the Black Coast and Lord of the Serpent Port.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    Thank you, kind sir.

So I guess that whole Destination-X cash-in thing is a wash? I don't think its a bad idea but they should replace Genesis with Destination-X in 2014.

I suppose so; there goes a lot of people's theory that AJ would get the X-Division title and use it to circumvent the 'No Title Match for a year' clause.

I hope TNA can double their profits with 4 PPV, at least, to offset the loss of 8.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I think this is better. I wish it was 6 (add Destination X and Final Resolution), but this will make Impact episodes mean more in the build up and maybe it will raise the PPV buyrates also.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    Thank you, kind sir.

So I guess that whole Destination-X cash-in thing is a wash? I don't think its a bad idea but they should replace Genesis with Destination-X in 2014.
    That was my immediate thought, which is a shame because it was a great idea.

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    That was my immediate thought, which is a shame because it was a great idea.
    Hopefully they will move it. What's going to be weird is that there are going to be spoilers for their One Night Only's, isn't there?

Regardless it's a smart cost cutting measure, I guess. Any sales they make from the ONOs are going to be heavily profitable due to the talent already being in Orlando for a TV taping or PPV anyway. At least now 75% of the PPVs are going to be out of Impact Zone - considering, though, they only have 4.

Blog Entries
    Here straight form horse's mouth or Impact Wrestling website....
    ​TNA IMPACT WRESTLING today announced a new worldwide Pay-Per-View programming initiative for 2013. The 52 annual episodes of IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV will lead to four, live epic Pay-Per-View events commencing with “Genesis” on January 13th, “Lockdown” on March 10th, “Slammiversary” on June 9 and “Bound For Glory” on October 13th. In addition, seven Pay-Per-View specials that will be branded as “TNA Wrestling: One Night Only,” series will debut in April 2013 and continue throughout the year during the additional months. The 3-hour taped Pay-Per-View specials will premiere on the first Friday of each month. The first two “One Night Only” specials will be “Joker’s Wild Tag Team Tournament” and “X-travaganza” which will feature the X-Division.
    “The Pay-Per-View industry has changed so much in the last decade,” says TNA President Dixie Carter. “The traditional pay-per-view wrestling model needed to evolve and we believe this strategy will positively impact not only the Pay-Per-View events but the weekly television programming as well.”
    The company will continue to produce TNA Wrestling’s “Unfinished Business”, which are one-hour programs available on a Video on Demand (VOD) basis. The monthly titles continue to focus on the
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Blog Entries
    Would had kept 5 or 6 PPVs if I was TNA!!!
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???