Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Change to TNA PPVs

It seems that TNA is going down to a 4 PPV style(Genesis, Lockdown, BFG, and Slamm.), with the rest of the months being filled with On Demand PPV Specials, produced by TNA - two of which being the X-Stravaganza, and Joker's Wild Tag Tournament.

They'll air on the first Friday of the month, when there isn't a Live Sunday PPV that month.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

I thought it was 8? Source, please, my friend.

Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    Thank you, kind sir.

So I guess that whole Destination-X cash-in thing is a wash? I don't think its a bad idea but they should replace Genesis with Destination-X in 2014.

I suppose so; there goes a lot of people's theory that AJ would get the X-Division title and use it to circumvent the 'No Title Match for a year' clause.

I hope TNA can double their profits with 4 PPV, at least, to offset the loss of 8.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    Thank you, kind sir.

So I guess that whole Destination-X cash-in thing is a wash? I don't think its a bad idea but they should replace Genesis with Destination-X in 2014.
    That was my immediate thought, which is a shame because it was a great idea.

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    That was my immediate thought, which is a shame because it was a great idea.
    Hopefully they will move it. What's going to be weird is that there are going to be spoilers for their One Night Only's, isn't there?

Regardless it's a smart cost cutting measure, I guess. Any sales they make from the ONOs are going to be heavily profitable due to the talent already being in Orlando for a TV taping or PPV anyway. At least now 75% of the PPVs are going to be out of Impact Zone - considering, though, they only have 4.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    Thank you, kind sir.

No offense, but the Destination X thing was idiotic in the sense that most of the X-Division really don't have the promo skills that Aries has. So essentially you'll just have X-Division Champion after X-Division Champion giving up their titles only to not be able to get the bigger prize. There is a reason only three former X-Division Champions have won the World Championship, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Austin Aries. With a fourth being Christopher Daniels, yes I think Daniels will defeat Hardy for the championship.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Black Ninja!
    The current X-division champ won the world title before the x-division title.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

I think this is better. I wish it was 6 (add Destination X and Final Resolution), but this will make Impact episodes mean more in the build up and maybe it will raise the PPV buyrates also.