View Poll Results: Should TNA hire Jay Bradley & Brian Cage?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Jay Bradley

2 14.29%
  • Yes, Brian Cage

3 21.43%
  • Yes, Hire Both!!

6 42.86%
  • Back to the Indys with you both!!

3 21.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I thought Cage was a better performer and Bradley was better at promo but he really needs to hit the gym. Being 6'5 hes gotta have a better look. Cage is smaller but I think could be a good addition to the show after tune up in OVW.

YES! YES! YES!

Quote Originally Posted by TNAFAN727 View Post
    I want both of them to get hired both of them put on a great match wish it could of been longer though.

PS god dame it i was gonna post this lol.
    haha this is my shhtick fella been doing it now for 4 or 5 months!

Now for my take on it. It was an alright match nothing spectacular from either of them in my mind anyway, Jay Bradley had the better of the mic but looked a little off in the match and his finisher to me is the shits just awful. Brian Cage not so great on the mic but from previous viewing from Championship Wrestling from Hollywood he can wrestle and is very talented.

Overall i went for hire both Cage because of his in ring skills and Bradley well realistically because i thing he is A&E's (Angry & Endeavored)

Just to let everyone know Brain Cage is telling my brother on a post on facebook, that it was a shame that TNA basically told Bradley and himself you guys have 4 minutes max for the match. Get it done.

So no excuses being made by him, but that's a hard time frame to pull off a great match IMO.

Cage was in FCW!!? O.o
    i saw all of his matches in pwg last year and he is a beast. He should get a contract

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    Just to let everyone know Brain Cage is telling my brother on a post on facebook, that it was a shame that TNA basically told Bradley and himself you guys have 4 minutes max for the match. Get it done.

So no excuses being made by him, but that's a hard time frame to pull off a great match IMO.
    While that sucks for them, it makes sense. Giving a 12 min Gut Check match to 2 unknown (to the common fan) talents is pushing it. I'd like to have seen 7 mins at least, but I can understand the hesitation for TNA to do so (Any remember that Chris Lewie match?) Had either of these guys been on screen with a developed TNA talent, they would have gotten more time. But in no way do I fault TNA for not having faith in 2 unsigned wrestlers to not mess up on live television and be able to recover from it. I love the idea of 2 unsigned talents going at it on a Gut Check, but TNA can't afford to give that much time to two guys who aren't "for sure" (kayfabe or legit) going to be roster members.

As for the match, I had no issues with it. I'd love to see what they could do in front of the impact crowd with more time, but both of these men are pretty solid athletes. I loved the comment someone made about Bradley looking like "a redneck in a Speedo". Anyone ever heard of Barry Windham? Dusty Rhodes? JBL? All of these guys also looked like "rednecks in a Speedo" but they managed to turn out to be pretty solid, even if their body type wasn't the most defined. Bradley looks like a throwback (seriously, throw a bandana around his neck, give him a blonde wig, and the guy could be a stand in for Barry Windham) and I liked his performance from that stand point (I also loved Todd stating the fact that his style is "win ugly" because it fit the character and look). The biggest thing Bradley will need, for me at least, is to expand his moveset (I'm not saying he need to be doing back flips, but adding suplex variations, basic ground submissions like armbars and leg locks, and a change in the finisher. I like the "Boom Stick" but it needs to be a signature move. Unless he adds another 30 lbs. mass up top, I won't be able to buy that as a finisher against many other members of the roster.)

Cage will be signed; too much talent for him to not get an invite and since he's further developed than Silva or Shaw, he could be used just like York to inject a bit of flavor into the undercard. If TNA passes of either of these guys it will be a loss for the company. With that being said, after having signed as many talents from the Gut Check process, the initiative to get local wrestlers to come try out before the house shows in their area seems to be working. That paired with their apparent tie in to the NWA-Hollywood promotion has given them a few solid employees. Their most valued (to me at least) being Keeny.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

On a twitpoll @IMPACTWRESTLING Bradley is outscoring cage by just 1%. Bradley 51 - 49 Cage.

And with that Jay Bradley is signed and Brian Cage gets nothing that really sucks!!