Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ever since it became a ppv is when this started. Same goes for every match that is dedicated with a ppv name. HIAC, TLC, among others.

Blog Entries
    The match is still entertaining but WWE should have it not on a specific date (as in the case of the ppv Elimination Chamber) it should be called upon at random it would have much more of an impact.
    I'm jus sayin...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
    Ever since it became a ppv is when this started. Same goes for every match that is dedicated with a ppv name. HIAC, TLC, among others.
    Didn't see this post b4 but this. Compare the buzz of the Taker vs HHH HIAC match with Punk vs Ryback it's just not the fing same.
    I'm jus sayin...

Blog Entries
    The Elimination Chamber was awesome back int he day, and I agree with it being in the fall. Although it does create a little bit of of WrestleMania buzz by having the champions defend the titles(or fight for number one contendership when ever Cena's storyline says otherwise).

To me, it lost when Cena and Kane were put in the main event last year. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I hate Cena so much that WWE needs to count on him, but it is really comforting that his time is pretty much up due to the new young talent coming in andhis star power's gone, as seen in late 2011 when WWe tried usingn it to boost Bryan, Punk and Ryder, but it never worked as they thought.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, Elimination Chamber was better when it had story to it, when it started, it was at Survivor Series 02, then Summer Slam 03, then New Year's Revolution 05 and 06, then December to Dismember 06, then No Way Out, where it remained to this day. The story made it much better and meant something, now it's just a gimmick PPV where they hope to make big names out of midcarders, I swear, the participants get worse every year. I remember at New YEar's revolution 05, they threw everyone on Raw into it: Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Edge, Randy orton, Batista, & Triple H. and not only that but Shawn Michaels as special referee. The rest of the card kinda suffered though, wuith all the young stars having to make the rest of the show watchable, but ended up all being bath room breaks. but now you are lucky if you can get two main eventers, I hope Rock beats Punk and enters the chamber for the 1st time ever. This means Cena would have to face Dolph Ziggler at the PPV, but damn sure not getting main event spot. (Fuck you, Cena) There will be Rock and Punk atleast and RyBack would make an interesting match, but then you'll have Santino, R-Truth, and Miz. then SD!'s chamber, Del Rio, Sheamus, Orton, (hopefully Kane & Bryan) but it'll be Hornswoggle, and Prime Time Players. WWE will find a way to ruin these matches.

Just as freakin long as WWE doesn;t put Cena int he main event. fuck him.
    Follow the Buzzards

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CMBison View Post
    The Elimination Chamber was awesome back int he day, and I agree with it being in the fall. Although it does create a little bit of of WrestleMania buzz by having the champions defend the titles(or fight for number one contendership when ever Cena's storyline says otherwise).

To me, it lost when Cena and Kane were put in the main event last year. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I hate Cena so much that WWE needs to count on him, but it is really comforting that his time is pretty much up due to the new young talent coming in andhis star power's gone, as seen in late 2011 when WWe tried usingn it to boost Bryan, Punk and Ryder, but it never worked as they thought.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, Elimination Chamber was better when it had story to it, when it started, it was at Survivor Series 02, then Summer Slam 03, then New Year's Revolution 05 and 06, then December to Dismember 06, then No Way Out, where it remained to this day. The story made it much better and meant something, now it's just a gimmick PPV where they hope to make big names out of midcarders, I swear, the participants get worse every year. I remember at New YEar's revolution 05, they threw everyone on Raw into it: Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Edge, Randy orton, Batista, & Triple H. and not only that but Shawn Michaels as special referee. The rest of the card kinda suffered though, wuith all the young stars having to make the rest of the show watchable, but ended up all being bath room breaks. but now you are lucky if you can get two main eventers, I hope Rock beats Punk and enters the chamber for the 1st time ever. This means Cena would have to face Dolph Ziggler at the PPV, but damn sure not getting main event spot. (Fuck you, Cena) There will be Rock and Punk atleast and RyBack would make an interesting match, but then you'll have Santino, R-Truth, and Miz. then SD!'s chamber, Del Rio, Sheamus, Orton, (hopefully Kane & Bryan) but it'll be Hornswoggle, and Prime Time Players. WWE will find a way to ruin these matches.

Just as freakin long as WWE doesn;t put Cena int he main event. fuck him.
    Oh man. These threads are traps for me. I really hate Cena, don't I? Well, I guess I gotta stay away from these discussions having anything to due with what he ruined.
    Follow the Buzzards

Quote Originally Posted by weems View Post
    I agree that the elimination chamber has lost some steam. I would prefer to see this PPV anywhere on the calendar other than where it is right now which is between the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. In fact, I would like to see the chamber and survivor series swap places on the calendar. I think the traditional SS tag matches would provide a better segue into mania than the Elimination Chamber.
    Typically, WWE likes to use the RR to begin setting up story lines that lead into mania. Likewise, when you are watching Raw the night after RR, you pretty much know what belt the winner of the rumble is going to challenge for at mania. As a result, it makes that elimination chamber match lose value as it is almost a certainty that the champion will retain.
    I completely agree with you on this point as of today. The EC use to be the most threatening match type to remove the title from the reigning champion. However, in these days, it is just a normal match it seems for the champion. It used to be only two men ever to have retained their titles in the EC. Now we have five with three in the past two years.
    Heck, if I was the champion entering this match, I would not worry about it now as more then likely I would retain my belt even though I should be scared due to the odds stacked against me.
    "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."-Matthew 28:6

I like the Elimination Chamber match.

WrestleMania is the SuperBowl, and the Elimination Chamber is like the playoffs. You see, the Royal Rumble Winner has a title match at WM, no matter who the champion is, so his spot at WM is solidified. But the Elimination Chamber, or the February title match in general, is basically seen as the wrestlers' "last chance" to be in the "main event" of WM. Plus they throw lower midcarders like Santino into the match, who obviously won't win, but will get a huge reaction if they put on a solid performance. A guy like John Cena will be on the WM card no matter what, but throw someone like Zack Ryder in the Elimination Chamber, and he has to win the championship just to be at WrestleMania at all. For the lower card guys who are in the match, it creates a "Go Big or Go Home" feel.

Black Ninja!
    They don't have as many dangerous spots and they don't intentionally bleed anymore... It's safer, and therefor less intriguing...

It's simple we get rid of the gimmick PPVs. Gimmick PPVs have ruined the TLC match, HIAC, and EC. These matches used to be pulled up for only the most intense of rivalries and could pop up anywhere. Now that we know where they are it ruins the mystique of where a feud is going.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

I agree with what someone said before, do away with the gimmick PPV's. They take away the element of surprise to a match. I remember when i was younger, seeing people thrown into these kinds of matches without them knowing was always great. An example of when Triple H was to face Kevin Nash at Bad Blood (?) Stone Cold came out and told him it would be HIAC. HHH reaction was brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.