Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Elimination Chamber Prestige?

Elimination Chamber Prestige?

When the Elimination Chamber was first brought to WWE, everyone was very excited because we had a new sort of match. The Elimination Chamber over the years was a place where superstars were tested to the max, and prove if they got what it takes to be a true Champion. I would say the last 3 years, the Elimination Chamber doesn't seem as prestigious as it once was. The question is, what should be done with this dilemma?

Your thoughts?

It's simple we kill the batman.

But being serious it is a simple case of over exposure they do it every year twice in one night.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    I agree that the elimination chamber has lost some steam. I would prefer to see this PPV anywhere on the calendar other than where it is right now which is between the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. In fact, I would like to see the chamber and survivor series swap places on the calendar. I think the traditional SS tag matches would provide a better segue into mania than the Elimination Chamber.
    Typically, WWE likes to use the RR to begin setting up story lines that lead into mania. Likewise, when you are watching Raw the night after RR, you pretty much know what belt the winner of the rumble is going to challenge for at mania. As a result, it makes that elimination chamber match lose value as it is almost a certainty that the champion will retain.

I want to see the elimination chamber as a SS tradition it would make SS mean something again. And for the feb PPV maybe they could debut a new match type.

I don't see the problem personally.

In your case, I think it's likely over exposure like someone has already suggested above. For me though, I always enjoy the Chamber match and every now and then it serves up a nice surprise like people breaking out of the chamber, someone getting thrown through the glass or someone jumping off the top of the chambers and so on.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x & last Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Has it ever really had prestige? I mean it's a glorified 6 man title match. Always has been.

ive always enjoyed this match, although i think that the pg rating hurt it a bit.

still i would have only ONE elimination chamber a year, and i rather see it randomnly than in a single event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Has it ever really had prestige? I mean it's a glorified 6 man title match. Always has been.
    It was a big deal for the first few years after it's creation but just like Hell in a cell and TLC, now its an annual thing and it happens more than once in one night, it's lost that aura of excitement and it's nothing special anymore. Getting rid of gimmick PPV's is the only solution to this.

Its 2 elimination chamber matches a year .. whats the problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by KingWade View Post
    It was a big deal for the first few years after it's creation but just like Hell in a cell and TLC, now its an annual thing and it happens more than once in one night, it's lost that aura of excitement and it's nothing special anymore. Getting rid of gimmick PPV's is the only solution to this.

i dont think they should get rid ofgimmick PPVs i think if they were to merge all three PPVs into one it would be a night to remember. and plus i dont think the creative team can think of another kind of match unless they steal the ultimate X match from TNA and Put a WWE twist on it.
    Best Gimmick on NXT