Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: El Generico

Blog Entries
    Anybody got any footage of this wunderkind?

Blog Entries
    WWE signs these guys and realizing, "Hey, Punk and Bryan are great. And SHIELD's pretty much a success. So why not bring in more of these guys!"

ROH is the future of WWE and TNA. Just like how ECW was the future opf WWF and WCW. These guys will be what the new generation will love about their generation. NWA and AWA brought in prestige into the WWWF, then ECW brought Extreme into the Attitude Era, and now ROH is bringing in Indy style into WWE. The future is here. remember people, 2012 may not of been the end to the world, but merely brought in the new world of wrestling(for us wrestling fans anyway) and I know Indy's been around for a long time, but now it is being brought into mainstream of things. Once Cena fans will grow to be smart as these guys take over the wrestling world. I was upset when Vince changed things for the next generation of fans with the whole PG thing, but he's also changing the formula of WWF/E's wrestling style to bring in these guys. Change is good.

He may want to keep the name El Generico from being trademarked by WWE so i think he'll either go to NXT as some ridiculous 'normal name' or just 'Generico'

While reading this, a question came to my mind. What happened to Amazing Red? I thought he was about to deal with WWE last year.

Blog Entries
    I take comfort in WWE did a good job with Bryan, Rollins, Ambrose, and Reigns, that they will give him a managable name everyone can chew on everytime they think of him. lol.

I'm not entirely sure about this whole 'name' thing. It's not like once he gets a new name, the people who know him as El Generico are suddenly going to forget who he was entirely.

WWE changes the name(At least a few times people have come out and said they chose their name, or at least, was a part of that process), makes them a new man/woman in WWE, they keep their indy fans and WWE fans get to know them under a WWE name.

Everyone's all happy.

On Red:

Matt brought him in for a tryout, dunno what happened. He'll be appearing in TNA's UK special tapings soon though.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Very happy for Generico, he really deserves this. I see no problem with a name change as long as it is a spanish word. They could slightly alter his mask and I am confident he could get his gimmick over. Ole chants will get super over. My only concern is if wwe can see that he is far more than a comedy act that can take a great bump.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Why do I have that sneaking suspicion that it was only because of the "Ole" chants at TLC?

/joke

Anyways, since I don't watch indy wrestling, I'm not too sure about Generico but I've seen some matches he's had and he could easily fill the void that Cara's left for being such an utter disappointment. Plus, he speak multiple languages which is always a bonus for international affairs and audience connection. I say go for it.
    there were reports wwe was into him before TLC.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWade View Post
    His moveset looks pretty cool but no doubt WWE will water him right down. Is he any good on the mic? I hope WWE buys the rights to his ole theme cause his gimmick and entrance could well be what gets him over.
    Stop hatin on the E

Being reported now that he isn't signed, but is going through WWE's physicals and such.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter