Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WWE has reportedly decided on the top 4 matches for Mania.....

Just read an article posted today that WWE has reportedly decided on the top 4 big matches for Wrestlemania, but of course it's not known what matches they've actually decided on doing. I am, however willing to draw conclusions based on a short list of "superstars" that are almost guaranteed to be involved in these four matches. Here is the list I have drawn up, including who I expect to win the Royal Rumble.

CM Punk
    The Rock
    John Cena
    Undertaker
    Triple H
    Brock Lesnar
    Dolph Ziggler
    Randy Orton

I'm almost willing to bet that Dolph Ziggler cashes in his money in the bank at Elimination Chamber or before, leading to him defending the title at WM, likely against the Royal Rumble winner. I'm predicting Randy Orton to win the Rumble, I know some people said Cena would likely win to make a triple threat match with Rock and Punk, here's why I disagree... Triple H/Lesnar seems like a lock for Mania, Ziggler/Orton seems likely, and adding Cena to the Rock/Punk match that seems to be a lock in considering what Rock recently said in an interview about him and "his opponent" having a great 4 months planned out, (think he meant 3 months, unless he is staying around for an extra month) seeming to almost give away the fact that he and Punk are looking to have a lengthy feud. This begs the question, who will Taker's opponent be? I can't seriously think of anyone outside of this list that WWE would want to put into a WM program with Taker, which is why I think it will be Cena. UNLESS, they go the opposite direction and really plan on Cena/Rock 2 and Undertaker/Punk, but I kinda doubt it. Also, I could be wrong about Ziggler/Orton, as it could be del rio/orton, or sheamus/orton, or even a triple threat match, but either way I have a strong gut feeling that Orton will win the Rumble based on reports of him turning heel soon and likely getting a strong push back up to the main event scene. My predictions are not based on what I want to see, I would have a younger guy face Taker and lose, but still gain respect by putting up one hell of a fight and putting on a good show with Taker. here is my projected card for the 4 big matches based on what seems realistic to me...

WWE Championship
    The Rock vs. CM Punk

World Heavyweight Championship
    Dolph Ziggler vs. Randy Orton

Undertaker vs. John Cena

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar

How about you guys, what do you think the upper card of WM will look like?
    "What was dat honey? Oh dat was da dragon screw leg whip!" -Dusty Rhodes on commentary during Rey Mysterio jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc '96

After years of shrugging it off, Cena's beginning to get annoyed by his haters.

Blog Entries
    The top 4 matches will be:

The streak match
    WWE Championship match
    Brock Lesnar match
    WHC match

Here is what I would LIKE to see:

WWE Championship match
    CM Punk (c) vs The Rock vs John Cena

WHC match
    Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Randy Orton

Streak match
    The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

See how I've rolled the streak and Lesnar match into one.
    However, with it being reported that the top 4 matches are set, it would suggest that it won't go the way I'd like it to. So here's what I think will happen:

Brock Lesnar vs HHH

Streak match
    Undertaker vs ?????

The other 2 matches I think will happen as I called them.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I'm thinking:

HHH vs Brock - HHH's Revenge

Rock vs Cena - WWE Title

Punk vs Taker - Streak

Heel Orton vs Sheamus - WHC

Ryback vs Big Show - Ryback's WM moment.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    The top 4 matches will be:

The streak match
    WWE Championship match
    Brock Lesnar match
    WHC match

Here is what I would LIKE to see:

WWE Championship match
    CM Punk (c) vs The Rock vs John Cena

WHC match
    Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Randy Orton

Streak match
    The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

See how I've rolled the streak and Lesnar match into one.
    However, with it being reported that the top 4 matches are set, it would suggest that it won't go the way I'd like it to. So here's what I think will happen:

Brock Lesnar vs HHH

Streak match
    Undertaker vs ?????

The other 2 matches I think will happen as I called them.
    Perhaps Ryback vs. Taker?
    "What was dat honey? Oh dat was da dragon screw leg whip!" -Dusty Rhodes on commentary during Rey Mysterio jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc '96

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by masakaritko View Post
    Perhaps Ryback vs. Taker?
    I personally don't think so. I think we'll see Ryback vs Big show personally.

I honestly don't know who will face Taker at this point. I'm fairly confident it won't be Cena, since I think they're reserving that match for WM 30 (since it's a huge anniversary show). Apparently though Taker himself has pitched a few names to WWe as to who he'd like to face.

Of course I would love it if they threw us a curve ball and decided on a Lesner/Sheamus feud.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by masakaritko View Post
    Of course I would love it if they threw us a curve ball and decided on a Lesner/Sheamus feud.
    I'd be all for seeing that for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I personally don't think so. I think we'll see Ryback vs Big show personally.

I honestly don't know who will face Taker at this point. I'm fairly confident it won't be Cena, since I think they're reserving that match for WM 30 (since it's a huge anniversary show). Apparently though Taker himself has pitched a few names to WWe as to who he'd like to face.
    Maybe they do a Taker vs. Shield match? Taker takes out the shield, shortly after that the shield breaks up and all of them can begin their singles careers in the wwe. I mean, from WWE's point of view, is there any ONE person on their roster other than the people on that list that would be worthy of a Mania match with Taker? I could see them saying they need to do a handicap match. anyways, I really don't want this shield thing to go on too far past Mania, I'm too anxious for Dean Ambrose to start doing what he does best and become the uber heel he is destined to be.

Not necessarily my favorite card, but what I genuinely think the top 4 biggies will be:
    - Punk vs Taker: Battle for Respect
    - Cena vs Rock (WWE Champ): The Cinderella Rematch so Rock/Cena can end 1-1
    - Lesnar vs HHH: Book it
    - Ziggler (WHC) vs Orton: I'd rather this be someone other than Orton, but I don't see who else fits at the moment. My favorite option would be The Miz here, but I don't know if he can enter that picture properly in the next few months. They've (Dolph and Miz) shown awesome chemistry on the mic and in the ring in the past few months.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    I'm thinking:

HHH vs Brock - HHH's Revenge

Rock vs Cena - WWE Title

Punk vs Taker - Streak

Heel Orton vs Sheamus - WHC

Ryback vs Big Show - Ryback's WM moment.
    This is exactly what I'm hoping for. I'm also hoping for Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara, and for The Rhodes Scholars, Hell No, Tyson Kidd, Mason Ryan, The Shield, Dolph Ziggler, Del Rio, Miz and Drew Macintyre to be a part of the show in some way or another. Maybe a feel-good Wrestlemania promo from Bret Hart or Steve Austin too...
    LONG LIVE ROCK 'N' ROLL!