Threaded View

WWE has reportedly decided on the top 4 matches for Mania.....

Just read an article posted today that WWE has reportedly decided on the top 4 big matches for Wrestlemania, but of course it's not known what matches they've actually decided on doing. I am, however willing to draw conclusions based on a short list of "superstars" that are almost guaranteed to be involved in these four matches. Here is the list I have drawn up, including who I expect to win the Royal Rumble.

CM Punk
    The Rock
    John Cena
    Undertaker
    Triple H
    Brock Lesnar
    Dolph Ziggler
    Randy Orton

I'm almost willing to bet that Dolph Ziggler cashes in his money in the bank at Elimination Chamber or before, leading to him defending the title at WM, likely against the Royal Rumble winner. I'm predicting Randy Orton to win the Rumble, I know some people said Cena would likely win to make a triple threat match with Rock and Punk, here's why I disagree... Triple H/Lesnar seems like a lock for Mania, Ziggler/Orton seems likely, and adding Cena to the Rock/Punk match that seems to be a lock in considering what Rock recently said in an interview about him and "his opponent" having a great 4 months planned out, (think he meant 3 months, unless he is staying around for an extra month) seeming to almost give away the fact that he and Punk are looking to have a lengthy feud. This begs the question, who will Taker's opponent be? I can't seriously think of anyone outside of this list that WWE would want to put into a WM program with Taker, which is why I think it will be Cena. UNLESS, they go the opposite direction and really plan on Cena/Rock 2 and Undertaker/Punk, but I kinda doubt it. Also, I could be wrong about Ziggler/Orton, as it could be del rio/orton, or sheamus/orton, or even a triple threat match, but either way I have a strong gut feeling that Orton will win the Rumble based on reports of him turning heel soon and likely getting a strong push back up to the main event scene. My predictions are not based on what I want to see, I would have a younger guy face Taker and lose, but still gain respect by putting up one hell of a fight and putting on a good show with Taker. here is my projected card for the 4 big matches based on what seems realistic to me...

WWE Championship
    The Rock vs. CM Punk

World Heavyweight Championship
    Dolph Ziggler vs. Randy Orton

Undertaker vs. John Cena

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar

How about you guys, what do you think the upper card of WM will look like?
    "What was dat honey? Oh dat was da dragon screw leg whip!" -Dusty Rhodes on commentary during Rey Mysterio jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc '96

After years of shrugging it off, Cena's beginning to get annoyed by his haters.