Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Pope Factor

Blog Entries

The Pope Factor

Well he came in on fire.... and the ball was dropped....
    Guess everyone heard and see by now....

"The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero confirmed via his twitter account that he is no longer with TNA. He wrote:

"Pope's Contract expired with TNA on Jan 1, I will not be resigning. Thanks to Dixie and the whole TNA Family for a wonderful 3+ Years.~PHS"
    Think this might be good for TNA if they looking to bring anybody from the X-division back, as they are doing this weekend... or even good if TNA can sign a few new talents...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Blog Entries
    So will this be a blessing for TNA or not???
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!

I think it's bad for TNA to lose the Pope. I thought it was bad for the WWE too. He's talented on the mic and ring.

Here's the thing though. I'm not falling for twitter statements by wrestlers about their contracts anymore. When the mask come off and he's apart of A&8s I'm not going to be surprised as much as I was when Devon said he was done with TNA and behold...

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    I think it's bad for TNA to lose the Pope. I thought it was bad for the WWE too. He's talented on the mic and ring.

Here's the thing though. I'm not falling for twitter statements by wrestlers about their contracts anymore. When the mask come off and he's apart of A&8s I'm not going to be surprised as much as I was when Devon said he was done with TNA and behold...

I agree and won't be surprised if this is TNA working the internet again. Devon and Matt Morgan immediately come to mind.
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post

Yeah i agree both TNA and WWE dropped the ball on him...... TNA dropped the ball cause he not R-truth and WWE they almost always when it a person of color with a few exceptions along the way..... Yeah the big thing about a wrestler on twitter they can say one thing and be in the middle of contract negotiations... Myself it better to wait and see if he turns up anywhere...

Like I said I think if he is gone, that will free up some money to bring some younger indy talent in...

Tbh if he is really gone from TNA good for him they aree not using him and his contract means he can't appear on any recorded shows which will cost him indy bookings he is better off now.

If he is still technically with them then yeah Aces & Eights "surprise" unmasking remember he is a former wwe guy too!!

Aces & Eights

A & E

Angry & Endeavoured

Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Tbh if he is really gone from TNA good for him they aree not using him and his contract means he can't appear on any recorded shows which will cost him indy bookings he is better off now.

If he is still technically with them then yeah Aces & Eights "surprise" unmasking remember he is a former wwe guy too!!

Aces & Eights

A & E

Angry & Endeavoured

Coincidence?
    Nice theory!

Blog Entries
    If he is gone, then great, since TNA have been really misusing him for a long time now.
    However, I wouldn't be surprised if it's another MAtt Morgan, Devon thing with them just working the fans.

I can't see him being parts o A&8's though since every member I've seen they've used so far in the angle have been white (as far as I've noticed anyway). Devon was the only black member,but when he was masked, he was completely covered up with a turtle neck and gloves to hide any skin that might show or give away who he was. The rest of the members we can see their arms, hands, necks, and none as far as I've noticed have been black. So with that in mind I don't think Pope will be involved in that angle.

Back to WWE might be an option given how he's flourished in TNA. Plus WWE are apparently bringing back some guys. Perhaps Pope is one of them.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Aces & Eights

A & E

Angry & Endeavoured

Coincidence?
    I got a good chuckle out of this association...

My take is that Pope is that he is very talented with a mic. He has a natural ability to make me interested in what he has to say. In the ring, he is solid, but has many areas he could improve upon. Pope is a character that can carry a feud on the mic, but is usually carried in the ring; a dynamic that can work well when dealing with others who aren't as solid with a stick (Styles comes to mind).

As for his twitter declaration, I am not so sure if it's a work or honest. For the past few month, Pope has been pushing only comments of fans that have been expressing their desire to see him back in the ring and featured more. This was the same trend that happened with both Shelley AND Eric Young before their resulting paths. With Devon and Morgan, it was pretty much sold that if TNA had a chance to keep them; they would (Devon with the Team 3D school talent and Morgan with his Direct Auto spokesman position). With Pope, I can see where he'd fall into the "Shelley" side of the ball as it hasn't always been "creative" issues for his absences. He has had several injury issues and he has a track record of being one of the main guys who the "Originals" had a problem getting along with back stage.

Do I want Pope to stay? Of course I do. The guy (when used) can hold the fans attention and I think he'd be even better in front of a live audience. However, I can also see why his contract has been able to (supposedly) expire without a renewal being confirmed. In my own personal opinion, I believe he will have a new contract just as EY had his new one only days after his previous one had expired.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

From what I hear he is a whiny little bitch, so if I heard correctly then good riddance, IMO.