Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Teenage pro wrestling, something that is not backyard wrestling

What would your thoughts be on teenage pro wrestling. It wouldn't be backyard wrestling, it would be just like pro wrestling, teenager's trained and everything. But there would be no blood or steel chair shots to the head (protected or unprotected).

Your thoughts?

My thought would be that no state government would allow this.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

man right now (and no disrespect at all) but i dont think anyone give's a damn about what the government thinks.

Of course not. But Independent Wrestling Promotions need to go through a licensing process with their State Government. And nobody would sanction this. Just realistic.

Thats what I did with my friends. We trained each other, how to land flat, how to do each of the moves right. We were careful, didn't do anything that we wern't sure we could do and not get injured. The only injury was early on when we were still green, I did an armbar to quickly for my cousin to react and I dislocated a bone in his fore-arm. He didn't notice it for 3 days, went to a Doctor, 30 seconds later he walked out arm in place. He was wrestling 4 days later without a problem.
    I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.

What's the minimum age for most wrestling instructors?

If you mean what age the instructer wants, when i was being trained, it was 16 years old.

And to actually wrestle at a local show? Whats the wrestling license process like?

When you're young i'v heard it's strict.

To work a show, they would like 18 years old since thats not a minor age. But depending on how you do in wrestling training maybe 17. The wrestling license process i have no idea. Yes it is strict, especially when your green and young. The company i was with had a strict policy for high schoolers. If you start failing classes, then that more hack squats than we normally did.

No one would want to see it, because teenagers would likely be green as fuck spot monkeys. Plus it generally isn't the greatest idea ever to risk serious injury while your body is still developing. Better to stick to the training.