Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What if nobody even noticed ..

The 2 streaks going on in WWE right now Undertaker 21-0 at WM and CM Punk 415 title reign as WWE champ .. but what if none of these were brought to our attention, if WWE didnt make streak dvds and have CM Punk tell us how many days he has been champ would we care or even notice ? What is Rey Mysterios record at WM (without using google)? Nobody knows cause they dont make dvds about it and have him constantly talk about it ..

What I am asking is would these streaks matter without the attention ?

I think they would. After awhile it will start hitting you that these streaks have been going on for quite awhile now. There would be a sudden interest in WHEN these two individuals would lose. It's like how it is with MMA undefeated streaks. You quickly pick up on their number of victories, curiously hanging off the edge of your seat anticipating more wins or a SHOCKING loss.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

Normal Member
    Well the thing is, [in the case of the undertaker] we would eventually realise he has a streak if we identify year after year that he isnt losing at wrestlemania. I don't think we'd be too sure on the actual number, but it would be evident there was a streak involved. The same with punk, we'd understand after a period of time, that he may have kept the title for so long that it is a pretty big streak.

Now to answer your question
    These streaks would somewhat matter if we have identified the history behind them, or how much we feel the streaks they individually have would mean to them.

it depends on the streak itself, I think last year Sheamus went on a 25 match winning streak and I didn't even notice, but if it were amped up and he went like a whole year without losing I would realize.

If someone didnt notice Punk had been Champ for a long time they would be retarded, The Undertakers streak may pass under quite a few radars, as it isnt something that would be in your face the whole time.

With punk even if he didnt say he was champion for over 400 days from just watching the show you would start to notice "shit he has that title a while"

I honestly think Punk's streak would be more noticeable, because nobody really holds championships for long extended periods of time these days. If there was no talk of an Undertaker streak, then he probably wouldn't just be relegated to Wrestlemania matches and we probably wouldn't even take notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ziggles View Post
    it depends on the streak itself, I think last year Sheamus went on a 25 match winning streak and I didn't even notice, but if it were amped up and he went like a whole year without losing I would realize.

If someone didnt notice Punk had been Champ for a long time they would be retarded, The Undertakers streak may pass under quite a few radars, as it isnt something that would be in your face the whole time.
    But would the reign mean as much as it does it wasnt so hyped ? What if someone missed WWE for 4 months , Punk has been champ for over a year anything could have happened in those 4 months

The streaks would still matter, but it would have taken us a little longer to realize that the streak was as long as it is.

WWE did a good job promoting the streaks and bringing it up to the forefront for us though, like a good marketing company they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicksnuff17 View Post
    But would the reign mean as much as it does it wasnt so hyped ? What if someone missed WWE for 4 months , Punk has been champ for over a year anything could have happened in those 4 months
    They'd tune in after the four months and be like 'that guy is still champion?'

If your saying the title changed hands at some point in that four months, then they probably wouldn't know, unless it was recent.

Good question.

For me personally, if I like the person then the streaks matter to me and I would eventually think " he's had that title for ages now" with out the WWE needing to point it out.

However, Playboy Stevie V summed it up well and Kudos for them making these streaks so important and so on.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.