Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WWE-Okada

Ha! This will forever be a rumor. The Rainmaker will stay in NJPW. He is young and is a star in Japan. He rocked the Japanese world by beating Tanahashi(or the Japanese Cena for those who don't follow) for the IWGP title and created a following. He is/will be brought up to the main event again and in the title picture. I would imagine why the rumor is going around: Rainmaker's wrestling would fit with the WWE's style and they would want his Rainmaker gimmick(the best gimmick I have seen in a while).

But yeah....Okada will stay in New Japan Pro Wrestling. (Check my sig to see who he is)

Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    I'd take anything internet fans have to say with a pinch of salt. Even Ryan Clark has more credibility than "some guys on facebook".
    While as a whole, I'd probably tend to side with you.... But this IS Ryan Clark you are giving credit to after all

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    Ha! This will forever be a rumor. The Rainmaker will stay in NJPW. He is young and is a star in Japan. He rocked the Japanese world by beating Tanahashi(or the Japanese Cena for those who don't follow) for the IWGP title and created a following. He is/will be brought up to the main event again and in the title picture. I would imagine why the rumor is going around: Rainmaker's wrestling would fit with the WWE's style and they would want his Rainmaker gimmick(the best gimmick I have seen in a while).

But yeah....Okada will stay in New Japan Pro Wrestling. (Check my sig to see who he is)

I like your take on it (since I don't see him leaving NJPW based solely off of the results from Wrestle Kingdom) but I am more interested if you think he would be successful in the WWE. So many people claim that, along with KENTA, his act would be very successful in the WWE so long as the WWE doesn't alter their style very much upon arrival. I don't think either could find the same following in the E Universe, but I think that is mostly due to the fact that it's a completely different understanding and appreciation for wrestling in the Japanese culture versus what we typically see out of WWE fans.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    Some guys on FB, who apparently know a lot about wrestling... or speak like they do. I think one actually has something to do with a small promotion.

In either event, "No one will remember he was Okato in TNA. He was a jobber before TNA, and he's a star after it" blahblahblah xD
    Then in that case, this rumor has absolutely no substance t it whatsoever man lol!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I like your take on it (since I don't see him leaving NJPW based solely off of the results from Wrestle Kingdom) but I am more interested if you think he would be successful in the WWE. So many people claim that, along with KENTA, his act would be very successful in the WWE so long as the WWE doesn't alter their style very much upon arrival. I don't think either could find the same following in the E Universe, but I think that is mostly due to the fact that it's a completely different understanding and appreciation for wrestling in the Japanese culture versus what we typically see out of WWE fans.
    If the Rainmaker gimmick was ever used in the WWE, it could be successful. The gimmick isn't him being a rich guy being smug. It is more or less, getting the money. Being successful, showing it off(like Zig's Show off gimmick) and being the money itself(Shane O'Mac). There is more to it than just that, as well.

That is why I believe the Rainmaker gimmick and Okada will be in Japan for a long time and the WWE will only have one if such happens....and it will NOT be the Rainmaker gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    If the Rainmaker gimmick was ever used in the WWE, it could be successful. The gimmick isn't him being a rich guy being smug. It is more or less, getting the money. Being successful, showing it off(like Zig's Show off gimmick) and being the money itself(Shane O'Mac). There is more to it than just that, as well.

That is why I believe the Rainmaker gimmick and Okada will be in Japan for a long time and the WWE will only have one if such happens....and it will NOT be the Rainmaker gimmick.
    Okada has managed to make a very unique character so, I will rephrase my question. Would Okada - the wrestler - be able to get over with the E Universe outside of the gimmick? I ask this because you see someone like a Bryan Danielson have to adapt into a new character in order to be embraced by the fans here in the states. It's not the work, dedication, and abilities of him in the ring that made him popular with the E fans, outside of the select that follow promotions besides either WWE or TNA. Okada's gimmick is gold, but would his abilities in the ring be able to surpass and help him last long enough to find another gimmick that would help him to get over in a different way. It's more of an assessment of his talent to adapt and thrive outside of what role he has become comfortable in.

Admittedly, I have not seen the majority of his work outside of specific matches found on YouTube (without a translator, so I couldn't begin to grasp the angles the commentators are pushing) and I have seen quite a bit of talent in how he both carries himself and performs. I'd like to think that his in ring could help him survive long enough to find his own spot in the E Universe (because even if they sign him, I don't think they will allow him to keep the Rainmaker gimmick but would pass it along to another talent if/when they choose to use/rip it) but with the E's knack for limiting move sets and describing their matches step by step, I am not sure if he is the type of person/talent to adapt to being told what to do in line with a script as much as he is a talent who fully understands (and performs) the character he is currently performing. I guess the same can be said for characters like Sami, PAC, and Devitt. I am just not sure how well they will/would do once they don't have as much freedom with their individual character.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

From what I've seen of Okada, he has the natural swagger and charisma of someone who can make it in WWE. Good look about him and whatnot, good in the ring; not too sure of his english speaking potential though, I suppose he could learn.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter