Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 270
  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenone View Post
    What i would like to see is have someone built up as one guy the undertaker can not beat, make him look like the underdog, then have taker win the match after a very back and forth fight, with lots of near falls for the challenger, kind of like how HHH vs taker three was, his last match needs to have a good story and someone who can tell the story in the ring, not just on the mic. imo
    If anyone will ever beat Taker at mania(Which is highly unlikely)it will make a 20 plus year winning streak at mania a little bit insignificant and it will also destroy one of the best legacies in WWE history




    What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

  2. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    If anyone will ever beat Taker at mania(Which is highly unlikely)it will make a 20 plus year winning streak at mania a little bit insignificant and it will also destroy one of the best legacies in WWE history
    I agree, in one hand I think it would be awesome to see happen, and it would put someone over, but I think it would be better to leave it, because of what you said

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenone View Post
    it would be a money making match for sure, and I think the WWE waiting to use this one.
    I think they should go with this match....whoever wins, well thats up to the WWE to decide. Im just not a big fan of pointless matches when they bring back big names like the Rock and Brock Lesnar who are not full time and are just there to draw more money, thats all fine aswell but at least a match like this has a tremendous amount of meaning to it and the promos and build-up for it would be understandable.

    bringing back legends for matches at wrestlmania who are not full time anymore should not be the main events because it holds no authenticity or meaning. Cena is fulltime, the deadman is ( well has been fulltime as of lately he has taken a lot of breaks but rightfully so he deserves it), but this match is bigger than anyother match they could possibly come up with in my opinion.

  4. #94
    For his career, the Undertaker is 1849-516-100... The guy has done more than enough to ride into the sunset and we as fans should be happy. He has done more for the E Universe than virtually any other star to have been in the promotion; why they are continuing the streak past 20-0 is beyond me.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  5. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    For his career, the Undertaker is 1849-516-100... The guy has done more than enough to ride into the sunset and we as fans should be happy. He has done more for the E Universe than virtually any other star to have been in the promotion; why they are continuing the streak past 20-0 is beyond me.
    couldn't have said it better myself and this is the point i was trying to get at aswell.

  6. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by tweedidldum View Post
    couldn't have said it better myself and this is the point i was trying to get at aswell.

    So your point was also that Taker shouldn't wrestle another match and should only show up at this year’s Wrestlemania to give his retirement speech? I only ask because that is not what I took from your opening statement and because that was exactly where I was going with my comment; Taker should no long compete inside the ring because his career is of the most prestigious and risking his health is no longer needed as a performer with the accomplishments he has. The only reason he will return is because Taker sees the WWE as the company he helped make the Global (pun intended) Phenomenon that it is today. Anything else that he does is purely off of Takers emotional attachment to the company and not that he feels he "owes" the WWE anything.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  7. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    If anyone will ever beat Taker at mania(Which is highly unlikely)it will make a 20 plus year winning streak at mania a little bit insignificant and it will also destroy one of the best legacies in WWE history
    yep. what he says.
    Wrestling lost the spectacle factor.

  8. #98
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,376
    Blog Entries
    6
    Unbroken streak sells DVD's. Not so a broken one. What are you going to do, leave that match out?

    The fact remains that giving someone a win over Undertaker serves ZERO purpose - especially now that he is old and broken down. There is absolutely no guarantee that even with a sustained push that the particular chosen wrestler will get over. And then what have you got? A bad decision and a wasted opportunity.
    So, say they pick Big E Langston for it - he'll never escape the stigma of beating everyone's favourite, The Undertaker; chances are it would have the opposite desired effect and wrestling fans, being like they are, would never forgive him and turn against him in droves. Then, there's always the argument that - despite all the fakery - fans will maintain that "He never would have beaten UT in his prime!".

    And those facts, fellas - are undeniable.

  9. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Unbroken streak sells DVD's. Not so a broken one. What are you going to do, leave that match out?

    The fact remains that giving someone a win over Undertaker serves ZERO purpose - especially now that he is old and broken down. There is absolutely no guarantee that even with a sustained push that the particular chosen wrestler will get over. And then what have you got? A bad decision and a wasted opportunity.
    So, say they pick Big E Langston for it - he'll never escape the stigma of beating everyone's favourite, The Undertaker; chances are it would have the opposite desired effect and wrestling fans, being like they are, would never forgive him and turn against him in droves. Then, there's always the argument that - despite all the fakery - fans will maintain that "He never would have beaten UT in his prime!".

    And those facts, fellas - are undeniable.
    I can see all points and opinions both ways with this Undertaker topic. But you can't deny that someone like Cena ending the streak will not drive fans away ever. Cena ending the streak is only good for business because it's only going to fuel the deadman fans and the Cena fans will jump right aboard that band wagon. Also got me thinking about another senario....if Cena were to end the deadman's streak it could catapult his career either way. for example: Everyone wanting and waiting for Cena to turn heel. Cena beats the deadman by cheating....hmmm!!!! definatley a way to turn Cena heel big time.

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    So your point was also that Taker shouldn't wrestle another match and should only show up at this year’s Wrestlemania to give his retirement speech? I only ask because that is not what I took from your opening statement and because that was exactly where I was going with my comment; Taker should no long compete inside the ring because his career is of the most prestigious and risking his health is no longer needed as a performer with the accomplishments he has. The only reason he will return is because Taker sees the WWE as the company he helped make the Global (pun intended) Phenomenon that it is today. Anything else that he does is purely off of Takers emotional attachment to the company and not that he feels he "owes" the WWE anything.
    Yeah, bit of a mix up there, I don't think Taker should wrestle anymore either after this wrestlmania. He dosn't owe the WWE anything, but on the other side of things all the other superstars that contributed to his success by losing to him at all the wrestlmanias and putting him over the way the WWE wanted it to be might be a slight indication of the Undertaker giving back a bit and allowing someone to end his streak this year....Just his way of saying thank you to all who had a part in his success...it goes both ways. He didn't do this all on his own with out the help of many others.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.