View Poll Results: What would you do with the WWE Tag Team Championships at Wrestlemania 29?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 on 2 standard tag team match (who vs who?)

12 52.17%
  • Multiple tag teams in a 4/5 way tag team match

8 34.78%
  • Who cares! Stick them on the pre-show!

0 0%
  • Something else (do tell...)

3 13.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

WWE Tag Team Championships

How would you like the WWE Tag Team Championships to be used at Wrestlemania 29? Most, if not all Wrestlemania 29 match card blogs i have seen on here have them being defended in a fatal 4 way tag team match and to be fair this is probably what creative will do, but is it what you would do if you were in charge?

I personally would like them to be defended in a standard tag team grudge match with more attention being given to a feud around the titles rather than just throw every tag team possible into a match for the belts. Do you guys feel the same? If so which two tag teams would you have feuding for the tag titles going into Mania?

If i had a spot on creative i would suggest that Rhodes Scholars win the titles at Elimination Chamber only for the New Age Outlaws to make a short term comeback (after making cameo appearances in the Rumble) to challenge them for the titles at Wrestlemania. The match itself may not be fantastic but it would be the first time in a long time that i would be looking forward to seeing a tag team titles match and the feud itself could be very entertaining in my opinion.

Its a long shot but i would love to see it. So what would you guys do with the tag titles at Mania?
    Last edited by KingWade; 01-04-2013 at 03:46 PM.

probably them vs. Rhodes Scholars in the pre-show, or not defended at all

Blog Entries
    I'd like to see a standard 2 on 2 ladder match for the tag belts. Maybe a number one contenders preshow fatal 4 way for the other teams. That'd be good. Call me crazy, but I think every title should be defended with decent exposure at WM. Even the Divas title.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I'd like to see a standard 2 on 2 ladder match for the tag belts. Maybe a number one contenders preshow fatal 4 way for the other teams. That'd be good. Call me crazy, but I think every title should be defended with decent exposure at WM. Even the Divas title.
    "Are you fucking kidding me?! Why should we do that?! The Divas are so boring! They don't deserve it! I've only been wanting to get the Divas division over, for like, months now! You saw all those threads and blogs I made about repackaging them and now a plausible scenario comes along, that could ignite the interest I've been looking for all this time, and there's no way in hell I'm going along with it now! NO! I just want to make them interesting yet have them mingle in the same niche that's not getting them over to begin with! A plague upon your house!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    "Are you fucking kidding me?! Why should we do that?! The Divas are so boring! They don't deserve it! I've only been wanting to get the Divas division over, for like, months now! You saw all those threads and blogs I made about repackaging them and now a plausible scenario comes along, that could ignite the interest I've been looking for all this time, and there's no way in hell I'm going along with it now! NO! I just want to make them interesting yet have them mingle in the same niche that's not getting them over to begin with! A plague upon your house!"
    Alright, alright calm down! I'm not saying we should you know, pay attention to them or anything. But even WM fans gotta piss!

Blog Entries
    Sorry about that. I'll try not to keep the thread off topic for too long. Anyways, just a fatal four way tag team match would suffice. It'd put over tag teams like it did for E&C, The Dudleyz and the Hardyz back in the day. Throw in an extra stipulation if need be.
    Last edited by K2Jelly; 01-04-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Alright, alright calm down! I'm not saying we should you know, pay attention to them or anything. But even WM fans gotta piss!
    don't we have enough bad comedy skits for that?

I voted for a traditional 2 on 2 tag match. Any type of gimmicky, multi-team (3+) match should be for the #1 Contendership. This formula works best for the credibility and allure of the Tag Titles. The 2 on 2 match allows for a weighted, meaningful storyline (try doing that with 4 teams), and the #1 Contendership makes the titles feel more important if people are fighting for a shot at it.

Also, I'm glad you noted that everyone keeps including a Fatal Four Tag Match in their Wrestlemania Cards. I don't ever say a negative word, because I appreciate people being active on the site and sharing ideas, BUT it's very frustrating that people feel the need to include every guy on the roster in their proposed Cards. It'll say,"Hell No vs Rhodes Scholars vs The Usos vs PTPs." No! Just Hell No vs Rhodes Scholars! Haha. The Usos don't have to be on the card, leave them off. It's okay, they'll survive.

Rant nearly over... the only hodge-podge, thrown-together, match-to-get-more-names-on-the-show that really belongs at Wrestlemania is a MITB Ladder match. If you don't know what to do with 6 midcarders, put them there. It can steal the show, give young guys a chance to shine, and it's much better than a 4 v 4 This Celebrity vs That Celebrity match.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Blog Entries
    I think this year we could finally see the tag titles back on the main card. They were on the pre-show last year (great match), but the division's grown even more over the past year, so I expect we'll see the titles on the main card this time.

As exciting as it is to see multi-tag team matches, I think at WM it should just be a straight team vs team match.

I wouldn't mind seeing a multi-tag team match like last year on the pre show though to determine the next #1 contenders or something.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Depending what they do with Kane and DB... If they keep them as champions.... of change them a month as champs.... Most likely thinking it will be....
    The Shield vs Team Hell No....

Thus if they keep the Shield together....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???